Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

wait there!!!;178224 said:
who did you play for?

Have you heard any news re the turf grade?
I heard only 5 teams have entered and some are talking about moving into the WDCA comp.

wait there!!!;178227 said:
I heard only 5 teams have entered and some are talking about moving into the WDCA comp.

There will be 7 possibly 8 which will make for a better comp I would think, possibly part composite however due to a lack of grounds.

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178210 said:
WDCA I have played against your side and seen a lot of Melton Centrals play and to be honest I think they will be too strong for you. In my opinion the top 3 sides of the churches comp (Melton Centrals, St Johns and Willi Congs) would all be capable of winning the B Turf comp and also be competitive in A turf, more than likely push for a top 4 finish. The only problem with the Churches turf grade is that the gap to the 4th best side is massive, atleast it has been so lets hope that isnt the case this year.

Im pretty sure the top 3 sides would do well in B Turf grade, Wyndam who won the A grade couple of years ago in the churches, crossed over to the Willi comp in C turf , and ended up making the finals in their first year and winning the preimership the following Year. Last season they stepped up to B turf and ended up playing us in the semi final and were competitive to a extent.

Any idea who are the new turf sides? Assuming Caroline springs to be one?

wait there!!!;178227 said:

Any idea which sides are looking to move to the willi comp?

WDCAcricketer;178237 said:
Any idea which sides are looking to move to the willi comp?

I heard Glenordan to the Willi comp and Melton Sth to the Gisborn comp but I don't think either will be leaving.
I heard Glenordan are just rabble and will get slaughtered in the 'B' Turf....

wait there!!!;178238 said:
I heard Glenordan to the Willi comp and Melton Sth to the Gisborn comp but I don't think either will be leaving.
I heard Glenordan are just rabble and will get slaughtered in the 'B' Turf....

They had a couple of real young kids play in their turf side that l coached against in juniors, they struggle for quality senior players and if they move to Willi comp should look to play in the C Turf section.

WDCAcricketer;178236 said:
Im pretty sure the top 3 sides would do well in B Turf grade, Wyndam who won the A grade couple of years ago in the churches, crossed over to the Willi comp in C turf , and ended up making the finals in their first year and winning the preimership the following Year. Last season they stepped up to B turf and ended up playing us in the semi final and were competitive to a extent.

Any idea who are the new turf sides? Assuming Caroline springs to be one?

Little River and Caroline Springs, that's the rumor, apparently CS have a few ex district cricketers playing for them???

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178233 said:
Gellibrand

'A' Turf or 'B' Turf.....
How old are you?

I understand that Melton South will come back in as there will be no SUnday games which was the main problem for them, Caroline Springs will come up but play home games on matting and Glenorden will stay (hopefully they will be stronger).

wait there!!!;178241 said:
Little River and Caroline Springs, that's the rumor, apparently CS have a few ex district cricketers playing for them???

I coached against their under 15 side last season, and there is one young bloke that will be a handy bowler for them if he sticks around this season.

wait there!!!;178242 said:
'A' Turf or 'B' Turf.....
How old are you?

Played both 'wait there', cant tell you how old I am, i have an issue about getting older haha have to start looking at that veterans comp soon.

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178246 said:
Played both 'wait there', cant tell you how old I am, i have an issue about getting older haha have to start looking at that veterans comp soon.

Yeah I know how you feel.ha ha ha
How long ago did you play in the 'A' turf?
I heard that Crofty isn't coaching this year???

wait there!!!;178248 said:
Yeah I know how you feel.ha ha ha
How long ago did you play in the 'A' turf?
I heard that Crofty isn't coaching this year???

Yeh i have heard the same, he may still play though. They have left it a bit late if they want to get a coach from outside of the club though because I have heard that they havnt appointed anyone else.

Who do u play for?

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178249 said:
Yeh i have heard the same, he may still play though. They have left it a bit late if they want to get a coach from outside of the club though because I have heard that they havnt appointed anyone else.

Who do u play for?

Let's just say I have played for a while in both 'A' turf and 'B' Turf.
I have or are still playing for Digman....

How long ago was it that you played 'A' turf?

Corridor_Of_Uncertainty;178256 said:
After they won the B Turf flag so 2002 or whenever it was.

i remember that B turf final, Ashley Fine killed us that day.

WDCAcricketer;178257 said:
i remember that B turf final, Ashley Fine killed us that day.

HAHA i played in the game, Ash killed it with ball but we were a side that was a class above anyone else in the comp that year hence winning the granny.

WDCAcricketer;157705 said:
Anyone know if the churches have scrapped their turf competition for the next season due to lack of teams and lack of turf grounds?

I have heard a whisper that Altona Rooster's have put in 2 X turf sides for this season.
There will be 6 X sides, Glenordan out..
I don't know what happened with Caroline Springs or Little River???|@

wait there!!!;178819 said:
I have heard a whisper that Altona Rooster's have put in 2 X turf sides for this season.
There will be 6 X sides, Glenordan out..
I don't know what happened with Caroline Springs or Little River???|@

Ive also heard Altona Roosters have put in for two turf sides. Little River did pay money to join the Association however apparently they failed to get the required members votes to cross over to the Churches. They are staying in the comp they played in last year.

Also heard Glenorden are moving to the Willi comp. Not sure what Caroline Springs are doing.

Also Kingsville Baps will only Field one side in the churches this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back