Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Is Gary Buckingham playing for St Johns this year?
Any sides playing St Johns Sevens Comp in Feb next Year? Usually a good day out.

frankiej;198718 said:
What is on about you people complaining about the pitch on angliss on sunday. boohoo the pitch didnt play well, our comp gave you the pitch to use, if you dont like the pitch dont play on it, get your on turf pitch to play on, oh thats right, you dont have one, so stop whinging about it and get on with it

frankiej,

No one is complaining about the pitch, the curator f*cked it for everyone by taking the covers off of it, so it ended up being a sticky wicket..... I know here's a thought, how about you read the previous threads and actually say something smart before you say something stupid like BOOHOO...... Tool!

If you are from ANA, I think you are getting a little cocky now that your 1st are in the 'A' turf in the Willi comp. I know a fair bit about that comp and it isn't that much better then the churches, so go back to the WDCA thread and brag how good you boys are doing:rolleyes:

wait there!!!;198891 said:
frankiej,

No one is complaining about the pitch, the curator f*cked it for everyone by taking the covers off of it, so it ended up being a sticky wicket..... I know here's a thought, how about you read the previous threads and actually say something smart before you say something stupid like BOOHOO...... Tool!

If you are from ANA, I think you are getting a little cocky now that your 1st are in the 'A' turf in the Willi comp. I know a fair bit about that comp and it isn't that much better then the churches, so go back to the WDCA thread and brag how good you boys are doing:rolleyes:

I dont beleive he plays for us, think its Deerpark?

We definally arent cocky since going to A turf, realistically we went in wanting to be competitive and probably have gone better than expected. 2nds also went up a grade and we expected not to win many and have proved to be competitive.

We are also looking to put in a second side in the churches, mostly a younger side from the u/17s & 1st year seniors. Would like to put in another turf side though finding a ground is difficult unless the comp plays sundays.

Giveitup;198497 said:
I think there bowling line up can match it with anyone's, Draper needs to put a few games together and take a couple of bags of 5 or more to build the teams confidence. By memory Congs nearly lost to them in the first round and they did beat Altona Roosters 1.
With only 6 sides and the top 4 to qualify for finals I think St Andrews will comfortably make it and anything can happen come finals.

From what I have heard they aren't a bad side only need to string a couple of wins together.....

i dont think so, st andrews wont make the finals. no depth batting or bowling. draper and i think one of the hatty boys go ok bowling and no spinner in their side able to take any wickets. batting wise 2 or 3 can make runs but totals of around 120 to 150 wont win many games. they beat roosters 1 but lost to a very average roosters 2 side. congs should of beaten them outright, they had them 6 down in the 2nd inns. st johns and melton flogged them aswell.

Mirrors;198639 said:
Hi all,

Firstly I have heard that Clayton is a permanent loss to MC, i heard that there was a disagreement between him and the club regarding the overs he was getting per game and no resolution had been meet.

Question for all, who are the bowlers to rate in the comp??? I hear Draper in the threads, but who else is there???

melton as a club are better off without that low life clayton. it might weaken their turf side but will improve the club and people around it. all i hear from players in your comp, also melton players, is that he has a big mouth, is a trouble maker and is the first one to run and hide when there is trouble [ask the keeper about the night he got king hit because of clayton and his big mouth and where was cam??? off out the door to hide]. enough said about that.
about the bowlers to watch in the comp, all sides have good opening bowlers that are able to do damage to sides, but i think the 2 main bowlers in the comp are the 2 quality spinners, t murray from st johns and m callus from congs. those 2 are the ones that will run through sides, get bags of wickets, win games and more importantly win finals for their teams.

1short;198917 said:
melton as a club are better off without that low life clayton. it might weaken their turf side but will improve the club and people around it. all i hear from players in your comp, also melton players, is that he has a big mouth, is a trouble maker and is the first one to run and hide when there is trouble [ask the keeper about the night he got king hit because of clayton and his big mouth and where was cam??? off out the door to hide]. enough said about that.
about the bowlers to watch in the comp, all sides have good opening bowlers that are able to do damage to sides, but i think the 2 main bowlers in the comp are the 2 quality spinners, t murray from st johns and m callus from congs. those 2 are the ones that will run through sides, get bags of wickets, win games and more importantly win finals for their teams.

1short, I to heard that story about Clayton, heard others to about having a crack at one of his team mates sisters which wasnt to welcome and it ended up in a bit of a biff.

Yes, those to spinners will be one of the deciding factors in the finals and the wickets have been made so far this year to suit them, the decks have been slow for what I have heard.

My question was centered around the quicks. Is Draper the benchmark, are there others?

Mirrors;198924 said:
1short, I to heard that story about Clayton, heard others to about having a crack at one of his team mates sisters which wasnt to welcome and it ended up in a bit of a biff.

Yes, those to spinners will be one of the deciding factors in the finals and the wickets have been made so far this year to suit them, the decks have been slow for what I have heard.

My question was centered around the quicks. Is Draper the benchmark, are there others?

mirrors, i think d temby goes alright but not much support at the other end for him, eastley and grist are a good opening pair for congs followed by h. uppal as first change, he is good enough to open bowl in any team in the comp. young josh evans bowls well and will get better as his body develops, dine and lewis are the quickest opening pair but too eratic and inconsistent for roosters 1, roosters 2 has fensling and he is an honest bowler but wont destroy teams. st andrews have draper and b hatty who can bowl well as a pair. draper is the quickest of the lot but hot and cold and not a big wicket taker. so mirrors for me, it is d temby as smartest and most reliable bowler in your comp, but at the moment a eastley from congs is the inform bowler as i hear on the grape vine. bowling sharp without any luck and got a few wickets for not many runs.

1short;198946 said:
mirrors, i think d temby goes alright but not much support at the other end for him, eastley and grist are a good opening pair for congs followed by h. uppal as first change, he is good enough to open bowl in any team in the comp. young josh evans bowls well and will get better as his body develops, dine and lewis are the quickest opening pair but too eratic and inconsistent for roosters 1, roosters 2 has fensling and he is an honest bowler but wont destroy teams. st andrews have draper and b hatty who can bowl well as a pair. draper is the quickest of the lot but hot and cold and not a big wicket taker. so mirrors for me, it is d temby as smartest and most reliable bowler in your comp, but at the moment a eastley from congs is the inform bowler as i hear on the grape vine. bowling sharp without any luck and got a few wickets for not many runs.

Eastley Who????????????

According to Results Volt there are 10 blokes in front of him. If Eastley is the inform bowler not sure what we should call the other 10 in front ................

His bowling figures show that he is a honest bowler but maybe "most in form bowler" is a stretch wouldnt you say?:eek:

Giveitup;198975 said:
Eastley Who????????????

According to Results Volt there are 10 blokes in front of him. If Eastley is the inform bowler not sure what we should call the other 10 in front ................

His bowling figures show that he is a honest bowler but maybe "most in form bowler" is a stretch wouldnt you say?:eek:

Giveitup and 1short.

I have seen Eastley bowl, struggled last game but thats life I guess. He is an honest bowler who has been without luck during the year. Grist has taken alot of wickets up the other end while Eastley locks down the other.

A fair assumption to say he is a fair bowler, not overly quick but on line and I think he is opening up the bowling because he dosent give to many away and helps sets up the middle part of the day.

I believe he is alot better then his position on the bowling ladder suggests.

I didnt realise Dine and Lewis were that quick, I actually think there are many others quickier. Thats actually interesting to hear.

I have also seen Josh Evans bowl, last week against Congs and I wasnt impressed. He got alot of use out of the cow paddock that was the pitch on Sunday and if he bowled like that against the Congs again on a wicket like St Pauls he will go for plenty. While St Pauls isnt the best wicket going around, at least the bounce isnt unpredictable!

D Temby is a great bowler, and to be honest, maybe a very similar bowler to Eastley, they wear the opposition batsman down and the difference is the wickets, but remember its only half way through the season and you cant continue going on without luck. I would be wary.

Unfortunatly, the spinners are well in front this year in the bowling stakes.

Next question, who are the best batsman in the comp?

Mirrors;199001 said:
Giveitup and 1short.

I have seen Eastley bowl, struggled last game but thats life I guess. He is an honest bowler who has been without luck during the year. Grist has taken alot of wickets up the other end while Eastley locks down the other.

A fair assumption to say he is a fair bowler, not overly quick but on line and I think he is opening up the bowling because he dosent give to many away and helps sets up the middle part of the day.

I believe he is alot better then his position on the bowling ladder suggests.

I didnt realise Dine and Lewis were that quick, I actually think there are many others quickier. Thats actually interesting to hear.

I have also seen Josh Evans bowl, last week against Congs and I wasnt impressed. He got alot of use out of the cow paddock that was the pitch on Sunday and if he bowled like that against the Congs again on a wicket like St Pauls he will go for plenty. While St Pauls isnt the best wicket going around, at least the bounce isnt unpredictable!

D Temby is a great bowler, and to be honest, maybe a very similar bowler to Eastley, they wear the opposition batsman down and the difference is the wickets, but remember its only half way through the season and you cant continue going on without luck. I would be wary.

Unfortunatly, the spinners are well in front this year in the bowling stakes.

Next question, who are the best batsman in the comp?

Mirrors, GIU and 1short,

Yes it is good to have a bowler in your side that is economical but taking wickets is what wins you games. Callus from what I know and heard is a gun spin bowler, he has 27 wickets in 5 games and will most likely take 40+ wickets this year.....@|

So he is by far the best bowler in the comp.

Pace bowling..... Well there aren't any really that I can stand out, they are all the same really. The only difference is with Eastley is that he bowls a great line and hits the deck hard, where the others just try and bowl as fast as they can.

D. Temby best bat in the comp! No more needed to be said on that matter.
T. Murray bowls a good line and length not a huge turner of the ball, his wrong'un is to short sometimes and is easy to read because of the pace that he bowls. Where as M. Callus' wromg'un turns a fair way and is quicker through the air making it much harder to read.
I have noticed he is struggling with the bat this year, probably moving comps and still getting used to the pitches I suppose. I know he can bat loves to hit in the air, that's how we used to get him out in the Willi comp, but if he gets his eye in, can take a game away from you in a very short period of time.

There is also a dark horse for the top batting spot, B. Flood looks like a handy inclusion for Congs.... Mirrors can you give us your opinion on him, I have heard he is very straight, patient but has only started playing Turf this year.:eek:

MC still favourite for the flag!

Draper has taken a couple bags of five in a row so i think when he is on no one can play him and Brandon Shearson also has made 4 half centuries this season in a side that struggles to make runs. So give St. Andrews a break losing players like O'toole and pipsack and even Rhodes hurt a lot.

Giveitup;198975 said:
Eastley Who????????????

GIU, stats dont always tell the truth. i'm going by what opp players are telling me who are out there facing him. also i did say bowling without luck.

wait there!!!;199043 said:
Mirrors, GIU and 1short,

Yes it is good to have a bowler in your side that is economical but taking wickets is what wins you games. Callus from what I know and heard is a gun spin bowler, he has 27 wickets in 5 games and will most likely take 40+ wickets this year.....@|

Pace bowling..... Well there aren't any really that I can stand out, they are all the same really. The only difference is with Eastley is that he bowls a great line and hits the deck hard, where the others just try and bowl as fast as they can.

T. Murray bowls a good line and length not a huge turner of the ball, his wrong'un is to short sometimes and is easy to read because of the pace that he bowls. Where as M. Callus' wromg'un turns a fair way and is quicker through the air making it much harder to read.
I have noticed he is struggling with the bat this year, probably moving comps and still getting used to the pitches I suppose. I know he can bat loves to hit in the air, that's how we used to get him out in the Willi comp, but if he gets his eye in, can take a game away from you in a very short period of time.

There is also a dark horse for the top batting spot, B. Flood looks like a handy inclusion for Congs.... Mirrors can you give us your opinion on him, I have heard he is very straight, patient but has only started playing Turf this year.:eek:

yes d temby is the best bat and most consistent. i think meltons openers in hayes and orr and handy, st andrews krygur is ok, wally from roosters 1 can bat and congs have flood who is an honest opening bat, but dont forget about the young fella that can and will destroy sides in H. uppal. just needs to be more consistent and will be the best bat in the comp.

wait there!!!;199043 said:
Mirrors, GIU and 1short,

Good morning all,

B. Flood. Well what I can I say about this bloke.

I have heard that he arrived at Congs last year as part of a scheme that the club devised to play young blokes with thier dads. He did well last year in the lower grades and it was a commitee decision to play him up, which he excepted. After all, someone making 100 odd every game against the kids wasnt doing anyone any good.

He came up for his first game against St Johns and made 96 and since then has helped the congs start with a new opening pair.

He is also a very patient batsman, and thats what the congs needed after the last pair generally chased runs from ball one, they'd be plenty after 10 overs or be on the ropes depending how the opening pair went.

Sounds like the finals will be an interesting race, plenty of opinons and favorites out there.

Mirrors;199120 said:
Good morning all,

B. Flood. Well what I can I say about this bloke.

I have heard that he arrived at Congs last year as part of a scheme that the club devised to play young blokes with thier dads. He did well last year in the lower grades and it was a commitee decision to play him up, which he excepted. After all, someone making 100 odd every game against the kids wasnt doing anyone any good.

He came up for his first game against St Johns and made 96 and since then has helped the congs start with a new opening pair.

He is also a very patient batsman, and thats what the congs needed after the last pair generally chased runs from ball one, they'd be plenty after 10 overs or be on the ropes depending how the opening pair went.

Sounds like the finals will be an interesting race, plenty of opinons and favorites out there.

He played against our E grade earlier this year, made a big hundred, definally was wasting his time batting against the kids.

1short;199118 said:
yes d temby is the best bat and most consistent. i think meltons openers in hayes and orr and handy, st andrews krygur is ok, wally from roosters 1 can bat and congs have flood who is an honest opening bat, but dont forget about the young fella that can and will destroy sides in H. uppal. just needs to be more consistent and will be the best bat in the comp.
d temby has been the bench mark over the past couple of years and is the best bat in the comp. there are a few other pretty decent bats coming through, anyone heard about cristofaro from melton? hasn't done much so far but all reports is he's one to watch.

ok we hav heard about the turf grade/s a lot, wat about the bottom grades or the matts, who will win in them, any stand out players or teams there?

borntigerfan;200463 said:
Yes i would like to hear people's opinions on the other grades a to e

borntigerfan and frankiej. Not an expert by any stretch on the other grades, but usually St Johns b Grade will make grandfinals year in and out, in the past Werribee Centrals in A mats had been strong, but are struggling this year, so maybe one of the Melton sides for that flag, and E grade will be Congs no doubt and even possibly C grade.

I know the congs are setting up to win every possible flag this year, as you do but I can not see their B grade winning the premiership, but stranger things can happen and everyone is a chance on their day.

frankiej;200445 said:
ok we hav heard about the turf grade/s a lot, wat about the bottom grades or the matts, who will win in them, any stand out players or teams there?
sorry i'm not really up to speed with alot of the lower grades. i haven't seen alot of games but keep an eye out on the results. caroline springs for me in the a grade, b grade is normally pretty close but i'll go say melton centrals as a dark horse. c grade i'll say druids and d grade melton south, but then again i wouldn't be surprised if i get all of these wrong. you can't tell alot from results only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back