Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

1short and wait there,

Pitch was a belter, some poor decisions went against congs in the middle order I hear, also 10 and 11 are 4 & 5 in the mats so they can bat.

Also for a side to be in trouble at 150, and to make 224 shows that congs have a fairly complete and even side.

Congs bowling and fielding no doubt has carried them, but I wouldnt dicount them from the flag just yet.

Mirrors;195081 said:
1short and wait there,

Pitch was a belter, some poor decisions went against congs in the middle order I hear, also 10 and 11 are 4 & 5 in the mats so they can bat.

Also for a side to be in trouble at 150, and to make 224 shows that congs have a fairly complete and even side.

Congs bowling and fielding no doubt has carried them, but I wouldnt dicount them from the flag just yet.

I have heard you have a new look team this year, a few new faces. Who are they and do you rate them. I see your new captain is struggling with the bat but going ok with the ball.

You have lost your opener to Roosters (1), very interesting.......:cool:
McDonald was not playing on Saturday either and I have noticed he isn't the 2's......... Injured, omitted???:confused:

I have a new look team??? Your still having a fish there champ but I am awake to you.

I hear the captain is taking wickets so he is traveling OK, at the moment the middle order hasnt really kicked in for them, but it will. They have a lot of blokes that if they get started they will go on to make big scores.

The 2 openers have been out due to various reasons, injuries being one of them. The other opener has chosen to play for Roosters (2) I heard.

Mirrors;195101 said:
I have a new look team??? Your still having a fish there champ but I am awake to you.

I hear the captain is taking wickets so he is traveling OK, at the moment the middle order hasnt really kicked in for them, but it will. They have a lot of blokes that if they get started they will go on to make big scores.

The 2 openers have been out due to various reasons, injuries being one of them. The other opener has chosen to play for Roosters (2) I heard.

Come on I know you play for them 'MIRRORS', take any wickets or make any runs on the weekend.
Anyway if the boys bat well they should get away with the win.
Not a good result, considering who you come up against next game.

Ummm.... Mystery for you to think about I guess. Im sure you would be looking at the results now thinking who I can be, and giving that information would reveal my true identity...

If the boys bat well, well you must be one of the Roosters or a person associated to them. Perhaps a scorer?

Next game, Centrals??? Umm. Foxing maybe with the opposition. Im pretty sure Geelong might have had a couple of tough games this year in the AFL, howd they go again in 2007???

wait there!!!;195102 said:
Come on I know you play for them 'MIRRORS', take any wickets or make any runs on the weekend.
Anyway if the boys bat well they should get away with the win.
Not a good result, considering who you come up against next game.

wait there i think you might be wrong on this one. 220 is out of your reach. 1 for 5 is a poor start against the in form bowling attack. the mail i got is the captain of roosters missed the chance to have congs out for 150 by having 5 on the boundry to 10 & 11.

Mirrors;195103 said:
Ummm.... Mystery for you to think about I guess. Im sure you would be looking at the results now thinking who I can be, and giving that information would reveal my true identity...

If the boys bat well, well you must be one of the Roosters or a person associated to them. Perhaps a scorer?

Next game, Centrals??? Umm. Foxing maybe with the opposition. Im pretty sure Geelong might have had a couple of tough games this year in the AFL, howd they go again in 2007???
Very good "MIRRORS", a scorer not quite..... A run getter you bet@|

Wait there. the plot continue's to thicken.

Well, rather then turning the site into a dating agency of sorts, I think we should be looking at the happenings of the weekend itself.

How did the rest of the comp go, any possible upsets brewing... And I mean other then a possible roosters (1) win that you believe may be on the cards?

1short;195104 said:
wait there i think you might be wrong on this one. 220 is out of your reach. 1 for 5 is a poor start against the in form bowling attack. the mail i got is the captain of roosters missed the chance to have congs out for 150 by having 5 on the boundry to 10 & 11.

Please, Congs were lucky, the ground was lightening quick they should have made 300+. The captaining had nothing to do with it, I'm sure the roosters captain would have had a reason if your mail is correct!

Ash Lewis was unable to bowl full pace because he didn't have spikes on and was slipping at the crease.:cool:

Mirrors;195109 said:
Wait there. the plot continue's to thicken.

Well, rather then turning the site into a dating agency of sorts, I think we should be looking at the happenings of the weekend itself.

How did the rest of the comp go, any possible upsets brewing... And I mean other then a possible roosters (1) win that you believe may be on the cards?

Ha ha.......
Melton will win, they made 240 odd. St.Johns vs Roosters (2)???
If DT goes early its anyones game.

The opener didnt have spikes on??? Thats a tad bit silly dont you think???

The ground was quick, so do you think the captain pushed the field back to make up for an Inadequacy of the fielders??? Strange captaining indeed if thats the point you are going at.

300 was the score the congs were going after, but 224 is a good position when you are looking at 150 at a stage during the game.

Mirrors;195113 said:
The opener didnt have spikes on??? Thats a tad bit silly dont you think???

The ground was quick, so do you think the captain pushed the field back to make up for an Inadequacy of the fielders??? Strange captaining indeed if thats the point you are going at.

300 was the score the congs were going after, but 224 is a good position when you are looking at 150 at a stage during the game.

I'm not sure why he didn't have them, but it would have been a huge factor.

The Roosters cap[tain may have thought that number 10 +
11 had no brains and would hit one in the air anyway.

You guys should've made 250 minimum.
Congs are the ones under all of the pressure:cool:
Roosters can get that score if they put theirs heads down.

Can't wait for the result.
Hope your bowlers don't have a bad one.
By memory Gunners goes pretty good against your mob....... doesn't he:eek:

Yep, wouldve been.

I heard the congs bowlers struggled on the wicket for grip also and they had spikes on. Must be a hard wicket, plenty of bounce in it if that is the case. I was told by a player at the congs that alot of the Roosters players got a little disenchantered at eachother by the congs resistence in the tail. Mate, I am no genius, but you should never assume in cricket because it will bite you back. The way I hear it, not to many went in the air, surely you would bring the field in if your getting picked of for ones and two's. Why give the tail a chance to think they can bat???

Looks like a good match for sure, hopefully the weather gods allow play on the day.

Congs should have made more no doubt, especially after a good start but thats cricket, its how you react to the challenge Wait there that defines the players at any given club.

Ahhh, Gunners sounds like team mates, I heard he made runs last year, but you need more then one knock to say he goes alright against a side.

St Johns have Dave Temby in the team, he goes alright, if someone can hang around with him he can win it of his own bat. Wouldnt be so confident yet, and Dan will make runs, you give him his 30 at the start of the game and anything less is a massive bonus for your side.

I hear the old Congs opener hasnt put to many on the board for you guys there, reasons???

Mirrors;195120 said:
Yep, wouldve been.

I heard the congs bowlers struggled on the wicket for grip also and they had spikes on. Must be a hard wicket, plenty of bounce in it if that is the case. I was told by a player at the congs that alot of the Roosters players got a little disenchantered at eachother by the congs resistence in the tail. Mate, I am no genius, but you should never assume in cricket because it will bite you back. The way I hear it, not to many went in the air, surely you would bring the field in if your getting picked of for ones and two's. Why give the tail a chance to think they can bat???

Looks like a good match for sure, hopefully the weather gods allow play on the day.

Congs should have made more no doubt, especially after a good start but thats cricket, its how you react to the challenge Wait there that defines the players at any given club.

Ahhh, Gunners sounds like team mates, I heard he made runs last year, but you need more then one knock to say he goes alright against a side.

St Johns have Dave Temby in the team, he goes alright, if someone can hang around with him he can win it of his own bat. Wouldnt be so confident yet, and Dan will make runs, you give him his 30 at the start of the game and anything less is a massive bonus for your side.

I hear the old Congs opener hasnt put to many on the board for you guys there, reasons???

Who guys?????
He doesn't with me, ha ha you are way off the mark.
Roosters (2) may get an upset this week.

Let's wait and see, Saturday is perfect batting weather at the moment, will be very close. Good luck 'Mirrors'.... L. Lewis loves to drive:D

L. Lewis loves to drive, good to hear.

Hope your not leading me up the path when I forward the info on to the bowlers.

Fensling will have to bowl well, key to beating St Johns is simple. Hold down one end for minimal runs, while attacking the other end with the weaker batsman.

wait there!!!;195110 said:
Please, Congs were lucky, the ground was lightening quick they should have made 300+. The captaining had nothing to do with it, I'm sure the roosters captain would have had a reason if your mail is correct!

Ash Lewis was unable to bowl full pace because he didn't have spikes on and was slipping at the crease.:cool:

hahaha you make your own luck pal. sounds like excuses to me. fast bowlers turning up without spikes, sounds like the roosters captain needs to think about the smarts of his own players and not think about the opp team. when you have a side 9/150 i cant except they should have made 300, more like 160.

wait there!!!;195123 said:
Who guys?????
He doesn't with me, ha ha you are way off the mark.
Roosters (2) may get an upset this week.

Let's wait and see, Saturday is perfect batting weather at the moment, will be very close. Good luck 'Mirrors'.... L. Lewis loves to drive:D

wait there it seems that your roosters 2 let you down, but at least they were competitive. cant say much about roosters 1 though, sounds like they rolled over and took 2nd best both days of this game. i hear there is a set back from the congs good effort on the weekend with in form opening bowler Eastley straining his hammy. not good coming up to the preview of the GF (i would think). i also hear that 1 of there open bats are unavailable????
anyway st johns bounce back with a good win over roosters 2(dont write them off yet) and melton centrals keep doing the biso as usual over st andrews. good weekend of cricket coming up.

1short;196462 said:
wait there it seems that your roosters 2 let you down, but at least they were competitive. cant say much about roosters 1 though, sounds like they rolled over and took 2nd best both days of this game. i hear there is a set back from the congs good effort on the weekend with in form opening bowler Eastley straining his hammy. not good coming up to the preview of the GF (i would think). i also hear that 1 of there open bats are unavailable????
anyway st johns bounce back with a good win over roosters 2(dont write them off yet) and melton centrals keep doing the biso as usual over st andrews. good weekend of cricket coming up.

"Yours roosters" I think not......
This will be a very interesting game, Melton are a very agressive side who like to lead from the get go. Eastley will be a loss to Congs but they still have Uppal who is a dangerous player and your captain who is your main strike bowler, luckily for you that he is in your side or else you guys would be struggling to bowl sides again this year. He has about 20 odd wickets and has only played 4 matches, not a bad return. The rest of the bowlers haven't done much at all really. I see that S. Brown is in the 2nds so if Eastley doesn't come through I'm sure he will be a reasonable replacement. I can't believe he isn't in the side anyway. Looking at his results when he was in the side, he never failed???:confused:

I will be looking on with great interest on Sunday. There will be a few there and it will be a good game to watch. If you blokes lose then it will really set the cat amongst the pigeons.......

Wait there and 1short. I too heard that Eastley did strain the hammy on the weekend, came off at 5 and had the hammy on ice until 6.30ish when the congs took off.

That will hurt them as he is bowling good line and length and not going for many. I dont think he has taken to many though, maybe 10??? The damage seems to come from the other end.

Congs fielding has been exceptional this year, and thier fitness is also up on previous years.

Uppal hasnt had the opportunities to show his wares because of the blokes bowling infront of him, if Eastley is out then I have no doubt he will get more of a trundle. Brown is playing in the seconds for the same reason, however if Eastley is out, Brown you would think will come in.

Now here is a whisper,/rumor I heard just recently. Big thing doing the traps at the moment is the Congs Captain is actually resting players up, having "injuries" created to players and the players actually putting on a show. I hear it is part of a plan not to show the comp a full strength side until the time is right. I guess not to show thier hand too early.

I heard this rumor because I hear that he told Eastley to ice up because the game was over and they were playing out time last Saturday.

Thats just a rumor but It came from a fairly good source that is in the know down there.

People are forgetting about St Johns, on thier day they are a threat to anyone, but at the moment you would have to say Sundays game is the GF preview on current form.

I hear that people are going to watch the Congs V Centrals game in droves, guaranteed disaggreements for sure. Bad blood between those two teams.

wait there!!!;196838 said:
"Yours roosters" I think not......
This will be a very interesting game, Melton are a very agressive side who like to lead from the get go. Eastley will be a loss to Congs but they still have Uppal who is a dangerous player and your captain who is your main strike bowler, luckily for you that he is in your side or else you guys would be struggling to bowl sides again this year. He has about 20 odd wickets and has only played 4 matches, not a bad return. The rest of the bowlers haven't done much at all really. I see that S. Brown is in the 2nds so if Eastley doesn't come through I'm sure he will be a reasonable replacement. I can't believe he isn't in the side anyway. Looking at his results when he was in the side, he never failed???:confused:

I will be looking on with great interest on Sunday. There will be a few there and it will be a good game to watch. If you blokes lose then it will really set the cat amongst the pigeons.......

you're right about me being a congs man, but an ex player who has moved on. the mail is that eastley is playing but opening bat flood is on hollidays. the captain is doing a great job and he should be, the club got him to win games and lead from the front. it must be said though that the 2 opening bowlers are getting 3 or 4 wickets between them every game.
i think that the key to beat centrals is to get on top early when bowling, if they loose early wickets then they only manage 160 and i dont think thats enough to beat congs. brown will spend the rest of the season in the 2's if no bowler gets hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back