Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

i am back, sorry been so long, went overseas, as a player, we love to see new players, and some talent,depends on what comes in though, yes those 2 names have played before and 1(otoole) has done well, but will that bring the side up 10 fold, i think this year the association will look at having 8 teams in turf, and see the difference between the grades, but it is a situation the turf needs to step up, have teams equal and fighting for a top 4 spot, not have 3-4 strong sides and the other fall behind, who will that be this year and what will happen, cant wait to see

Very Strong Rumour Circulating Around the Western Suburbs That Kingsville Baptists Have Entered A Side In The WSCCA Turf Competition.

Can Anybody Shed Any Light On This Scoop?

I can confirm that KBCC is entering 2 teams in the WSCUCCA with 1 being Turf. I have played in the churches when KBCC was last in the churches and i'm looking forward to playing back there again. Me personally the travel was the killer in the VTCA playing in Greenvale, Jacana and Craigieburn so it will be good playing in the local area again. i hear that there may be 8-9 teams in the turf grade which can only be good for the WSUCCA.

Hello All;265813 said:
I can confirm that KBCC is entering 2 teams in the WSCUCCA with 1 being Turf. I have played in the churches when KBCC was last in the churches and i'm looking forward to playing back there again. Me personally the travel was the killer in the VTCA playing in Greenvale, Jacana and Craigieburn so it will be good playing in the local area again. i hear that there may be 8-9 teams in the turf grade which can only be good for the WSUCCA.

Does this mean that KBCC will not have any teams in the VCTA? or does it mean that your WSUCCA Turf team is your 2nds or 3rds? How will the WSUCCA team share the ground with the VCTA team if you have both? I must admit I think it's great that a side like KBCC are back in the comp they have so much history and tradition with the comp.

On a downer I guess with 8 or possibly 9 sides in the turf comp as you say, this will mean a lot more sunday games as I havn't heard any news on new grounds being used. What are peoples thoughts on more Sunday games? Personally I can't stand them as it makes Monday a hard day at work with a sore body plus you cant really enjoy your weekend if your playing cricket on a sunday.

KBCC Has left VTCA and 1st and 2nd will play in WSUCCA, i guess someone else will share our home wicket. Let's hope there is enough grounds for saturday cricket only

welcome back to the churches ..."kingy" it's great to have you back!! Your club has produced some of the comps best ever players...(Bucko) but you have also inflicted one of the all time worst administrators...(Gooky) it's no wonder our comp is stuck in the 1970's

For me personally i'm happy to be back. Playing in the VTCA was good as i played on some good grounds but the travel and the fact you are playing against clubs who pay money for players made it hard to go further. I think the club is happy in going back to the churches and i'm sure in some peoples eyes we should've never left but the challenge was worth it in the VTCA and now we look forward to the challenges of playing against New Teams and new players as there isn't alot of players left in WSUCCA where KBCC was last playing in the Top Grade.

Howz_That?;265886 said:
On a downer I guess with 8 or possibly 9 sides in the turf comp as you say, this will mean a lot more sunday games as I havn't heard any news on new grounds being used. What are peoples thoughts on more Sunday games? Personally I can't stand them as it makes Monday a hard day at work with a sore body plus you cant really enjoy your weekend if your playing cricket on a sunday.

Amen to those sentiments! Thought the "churches" were all for Sunday being a day of rest?!:p Roosters have retained their turf ground so we only need about three or four more, hey? Then we can enjoy a hard earned beer on a Saturday evening with the boys!!!

Hello All;265961 said:
For me personally i'm happy to be back. Playing in the VTCA was good as i played on some good grounds but the travel and the fact you are playing against clubs who pay money for players made it hard to go further. I think the club is happy in going back to the churches and i'm sure in some peoples eyes we should've never left but the challenge was worth it in the VTCA and now we look forward to the challenges of playing against New Teams and new players as there isn't alot of players left in WSUCCA where KBCC was last playing in the Top Grade.

Have you keep ur list from last year? I think you guys will make finals first year if u have kept ur players from last year. Will be interesting to see how u guys go.

Most of the players are returning which is good, but like all sides we have lost some and gained some. Our key players will be there. Does any one know what grounds will be used apart from roosters and our ground? It's going to be a challenge but i'm sure the club is looking forward to continue the great games of cricket we have played against the old clubs like the roosters, st andrews, willy congs and st johns over the years.

nice to have kingy joining the churches again. i hear that the club had some rivals years ago. i just think another club in the comp is xlent. but the rumour i am hearing is that there is now 9 teams in turf and it looks like roosters 2nd team is going to be put into A grade. clubs dont want to be having a bye in the turf grade. also with kingy having an A grade team it will make sense to drop roosters and keep both grades with even numbers. bad luck roosters. :p

Nice to have you back guys, St. Andrews are based at Pennell Res in Braybrook now so we look forward to playing you guys again and as for the turf comp i think that it should be 8 sides but thanks to roosters for saving it last year.

one short....you are a knob of the highest order!! but at least you are comfortable with the fact that you have a "short one"

roosters hack;265949 said:
welcome back to the churches ..."kingy" it's great to have you back!! Your club has produced some of the comps best ever players...(Bucko) but you have also inflicted one of the all time worst administrators...(Gooky) it's no wonder our comp is stuck in the 1970's

Tell me Gary (figjam) Buckingham is still playing and i will choke on my cornies!! One of the prettiest bats I have seen!!:D

Geez i hope not ....he's at least ten years older than me, anyhow last i had heard he had moved to Sydney!! good cricketer but he really could annoy the opposition bowlers!! and those bloody teeth like Matt Dillon from theres something about Mary....

hahaha, geez thats funny. whats wrong hack, you worried that the rest of the hacks at roosters wont be playing turf to make up the numbers? you and the other spaz's have to earn a spot in the clubs top 11 to play on the grass. what a shame. my heart goes out to you and your club. :D

mate don't worry about me...i'm very comfortable with what i've been able to do in my time....not too many in the comp could match it!! And we at the roosters still say that we'll have two sides in turf!! we helped the comp out last year and they owe the Biggest club in the privilege of playing our sides where we like!!

Looking forward to the cricket season starting. Good to see LOTS of new teams in all levels of the comp for a change. I'm hoping it's competitive and enjoyable for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back