Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

roosters hack;266518 said:
mate don't worry about me...i'm very comfortable with what i've been able to do in my time....not too many in the comp could match it!! And we at the roosters still say that we'll have two sides in turf!! we helped the comp out last year and they owe the Biggest club in the privilege of playing our sides where we like!!

you're my idol don bradman. your club is owed nothing. you'll play where the association wants you to play and it'll be 1 turf team if there is odd numbers. i'm sure clubs wont want their top team having a bye just to keep roosters happy

1short;266754 said:
you're my idol don bradman. your club is owed nothing. you'll play where the association wants you to play and it'll be 1 turf team if there is odd numbers. i'm sure clubs wont want their top team having a bye just to keep roosters happy

then the world is as it should be....you should always admire those that are clearly better than yourself!! Let's hope that all goes well for both of our clubs!!

gday have just moved into the melton area and was wondering if there are any clubs in the area that have a one day competion

Roosters Hack good to see you are back after your little enforced holiday.

Do you still have that blistering bowling pace like you had in your younger days?

News Flash;267156 said:
Roosters Hack good to see you are back after your little enforced holiday.

Do you still have that blistering bowling pace like you had in your younger days?

Not a bowler mate ...but thats good fishing!!

ha ha mate if you are so good, why dont you use your name, why be ashamed for being good, or are you piping yourself up, and cant back it up on the feild?

Turf comp this year is going to be healthy - 8 single teams. no 2nd Roosters, because kingsvile bapt are back in!
Should be a good year, look forward to playing against all the turf players out there

first training session for st andrews tonite, looking good with new players and some old new players

looks like ill be struggling to break into the 1sts this season, hopefully theres a spot for me somewhere

StAndrewsman;267516 said:
first training session for st andrews tonite, looking good with new players and some old new players

looks like ill be struggling to break into the 1sts this season, hopefully theres a spot for me somewhere

Leaving Pre season training a bit late? No wonder you guys cant win any games, :p

we did hav a month of indoor before this, i just didnt turn up and u just wait, st andrews will be a powerhouse this season, well at least up there in the mix of the finals

st andrews is a club i have always admired...i hope that they are in for a big year...killer is a champ!!

roosters hack;267667 said:
st andrews is a club i have always admired...i hope that they are in for a big year...killer is a champ!!

We have a hard working and dedicated Committee, and the boys are just busting for some top grade success. Hopefully this will be the year.

borntigerfan;267713 said:
We have a hard working and dedicated Committee, and the boys are just busting for some top grade success. Hopefully this will be the year.

You guys should be a strong team this year anything less than top 2 would really be considered a failure with the like of O'Toole and Chris Armstrong playing with you guys this year.

Has anybody heard about whats happening with the carnival squad this year?

Who is going to coach the carnival side this year? And who will be the selectors/managers this year?

Hey Roosters Hack dont tell me that Gary Buckingham is still playing at Kingsville. If he is he will be 48 years old if my memory serves me right.

Do you remember his poofy bowlng action how he used to run in like a Ballerina.

Wonder if he is still a FIGJAM.

Heard a rumour at training this morning that there are 9 teams in turf, including the 2 from Roosters. If that is true, then this comp is a joke. You don't want a bye in your top grade if it can be avoided. The answer is simple, drop one of the roosters teams to a grade.

Who is running this comp Laurel & Hardy:eek:

Has anyone heard any information about fixtures? IMO The comp is a joke not being organised within a week of the season starting, things should be organised and planned well before the season starts so clubs are not left in the dark.

Howz_That?;268351 said:
Has anyone heard any information about fixtures? IMO The comp is a joke not being organised within a week of the season starting, things should be organised and planned well before the season starts so clubs are not left in the dark.

At last nights meeting the comp put the right on the VCA's lap....i doubt there will be any turf games this weekend anyway!! Most wickets are nowhere near ready!!

News Flash;268316 said:
Hey Roosters Hack dont tell me that Gary Buckingham is still playing at Kingsville. If he is he will be 48 years old if my memory serves me right.

Do you remember his poofy bowlng action how he used to run in like a Ballerina.

Wonder if he is still a FIGJAM.
Not sure if he is playing...was hard not to laugh when he was bowling, that me be how he got most of his wickets!! Was always fun slapping him over mid wicket for six!!

What are people predictions for this week? I think there is lots of interest in the turf comp this year with the addition of new teams and some very handy players being signed around the different clubs.

Ill start with my predictions for this weeks games:

In the match of the day (IMO as it is last years minor premiers vs eventual premiers) I believe St Johns will prove too strong for Melton Centrals in a highly competitive game.

In the Congs v Burnside game I believe the interest is not on who is going to win the game because I think Congs will win, the real interest lies in how competitive Burnside will be. IMO Burnside will be competitive in the turf comp and could certainly push a few sides.

A very interesting game at Altona Meadows this week as Roosters 1 take on St Andrews. Both sides have recruited heavily according to all reports (could this be a prelude to the 2008/09 grand final??). I think that if all of St Andrews recruits play this week they could come away with the result this weekend.

Finally it's welcome back to one of the proudest clubs in WSUCCA history Kingsville Baptists, and I think it is going to be a triumphant return for the past powerhouse as they will demolish Altona 2 (who were great for filling in last year but should be in A grade this year).

In terms of predictions for final ladder this is how I see it:

1 - St Andrews
2 - Altona Roosters
3 - St Johns
4 - Willi Congs
5 - Melton Centrals
6 - Kingsville Baptists
7 - Burnside
8 - Caroline Springs
9 - Altona Roosters (2)

As i said this is just a prediction, something to look back on at the end of the season to compare with. What are peoples thoughts?

I think this season is a little unknown due to new teams new players and the added strength of more teams playing turf. It should be interesting year and i'm looking forward to it as KBCC hasn't played some teams for 7 years and some teams not at all in the top grade so lets hope we play Round 1. Just hope the wickets are available to play on because VTCA has been called off already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back