Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Go Centrals;343019 said:
why roosters and St Andrews need to find a stronger league is beyone me, they are not even at the top of this one Billy.
As for leaving as they feel hard done by, this happened to a few teams in a semi final, it happened to centrals in a grand final with them having a real chance of a win. they regrouped and went back to fight on and redeem their status as a top side in the come. Other teams are just taking off. So who does that make a better stronger club.

As for the stuff with roosters captain, fine him a grand for bringing down the association and the game, he cant play until he has payed the fine, even for another association. Start sending some strong messages and make up for some mistakes.

Surely somone by now knows who dug up some pitches time to come out and land them in it.

r u kidding not the best we werent allowed to be the best.
now if u had turf at melton u 2 would have left but ur stuck in churches suffer we will go and make our own destiny and you can play in a dilluted comp and once again u have the exec to blame go u guys will be watching from a far Hahaha.
Sh1t decisions make for a sh1t comp its that simple.

Go Centrals;343019 said:
why roosters and St Andrews need to find a stronger league is beyone me, they are not even at the top of this one Billy.
As for leaving as they feel hard done by, this happened to a few teams in a semi final, it happened to centrals in a grand final with them having a real chance of a win. they regrouped and went back to fight on and redeem their status as a top side in the come. Other teams are just taking off. So who does that make a better stronger club.

As for the stuff with roosters captain, fine him a grand for bringing down the association and the game, he cant play until he has payed the fine, even for another association. Start sending some strong messages and make up for some mistakes.

Surely somone by now knows who dug up some pitches time to come out and land them in it.

r u kidding not the best we werent allowed to be the best.
now if u had turf at melton u 2 would have left but ur stuck in churches suffer we will go and make our own destiny and you can play in a dilluted comp and once again u have the exec to blame go u guys will be watching from a far Hahaha.
Sh1t decisions make for a sh1t comp its that simple.

fine legs;342968 said:
yeah champ he might be a good guy but his behavior on that day was nothing short of scum. my mail is 2nd hand but it seems to be on right on the mark. you say that you guys did not condone his behaviour but in other post, you and others from your club defend his actions and state that you will stick up for him if he gets reported??? i'm a little confused??? you dont condone what he did but will defend him? i must be missing something. i understand looking out for your mates, but to let someone disgrace your club and still defend them is something else! yes, i am saying your club is weak because you wont sell one of your members down the toilet. it looks like individules are more important than the club and its reputation! a strong club will stamp this out straight away and make an example out of him and make sure it wont happen again, by anyone! oh by the way, he might have been sitting with the congs boys, but none of them made an arse out of themselfs or their club! credit to the congs boys and their club!
2 questions conviniently not answered that could realy tell me alot about your character.
R u involved in your clubs committe?:rolleyes:
Do ur team mates know who you r when posting on hear or r u just a gutless know all snipper?:mad:
Roosters r moving on get over it and i hope u have fun again.:D
now Mr Softy trying to throw people of ur sent by stating (credit to the congs boys and their club)
i am sure you have eluded to your allegence to the CONGS quite some time ago. step up to the plate SOFTY. R U A REAL MAN shaved legs now i am really confused. TOOTSIE!!!!!!!

fine legs;342968 said:
yeah champ he might be a good guy but his behavior on that day was nothing short of scum. my mail is 2nd hand but it seems to be on right on the mark. you say that you guys did not condone his behaviour but in other post, you and others from your club defend his actions and state that you will stick up for him if he gets reported??? i'm a little confused??? you dont condone what he did but will defend him? i must be missing something. i understand looking out for your mates, but to let someone disgrace your club and still defend them is something else! yes, i am saying your club is weak because you wont sell one of your members down the toilet. it looks like individules are more important than the club and its reputation! a strong club will stamp this out straight away and make an example out of him and make sure it wont happen again, by anyone! oh by the way, he might have been sitting with the congs boys, but none of them made an arse out of themselfs or their club! credit to the congs boys and their club!
2 questions conviniently not answered that could realy tell me alot about your character.
R u involved in your clubs committe?:rolleyes:
Do ur team mates know who you r when posting on hear or r u just a gutless know all snipper?:mad:
Roosters r moving on get over it and i hope u have fun again.:D
now Mr Softy trying to throw people of ur sent by stating (credit to the congs boys and their club)
i am sure you have eluded to your allegence to the CONGS quite some time ago. step up to the plate SOFTY. R U A REAL MAN shaved legs now i am really confused. TOOTSIE!!!!!!!

Just got back from the Gold Coast - had a great time - Congrats to Melton on the win - Well played. Gee there seems to be a few angry people of late. Chill guys - the season is over and a new one will be on us before we know it. Although my club is planning on moving comps, we do still plan on having a matting side in the WSUCCA. Not really much else to say except......... Once again congrats to Melton and also to the old fossils - Well done guys - I have been playing in this comp my entire life and still haven't tasted success - I haven't even played in a granny, so to win 3 in a row is an amazing effort - You should enjoy it for all it's worth!!! :D:);)

Just got back from the Gold Coast - had a great time - Congrats to Melton on the win - Well played. Gee there seems to be a few angry people of late. Chill guys - the season is over and a new one will be on us before we know it. Although my club is planning on moving comps, we do still plan on having a matting side in the WSUCCA. Not really much else to say except......... Once again congrats to Melton and also to the old fossils - Well done guys - I have been playing in this comp my entire life and still haven't tasted success - I haven't even played in a granny, so to win 3 in a row is an amazing effort - You should enjoy it for all it's worth!!! :D:);)

Billy Bowden;343006 said:
With the Season Over now and all the talking finished I think it is a good time to give my season review and what clubs need to do next year.

Melton Centrals: (A+) Premiers and again put out a strong side this year. Like all teams you need to keep improving to keep winning flags but you have strong leadership which is good. If they can keep the same side and can get back Nody Orrr and Ray Davis or pick up an additional seamer and a middle order batsman then they will once again be hard to beat.

St Andrews: (A) Great Turn around this year from previous years and definately best team in Home and Away season. Have a strong team with good leaders now. Need to pickup 1 or 2 batsmen as struggled to make runs in both finals. Bowling is very good but could do with a spinner to add variety to attack especially if going to VTCA.
B+ for roosters a is bit harsh considering us & congs didnt get oppotunity to fight for the flag we both should get at least an A. even a plus for courage under fire

Altona Roosters #1: (B+) A better year for you guys this year even though you made the GF last year. Improvement from some of your younger boys such as Robinson's batting and Justin's spin bowling was great. Well done to Mick Pots Nolton as well for getting everything possible out of himself to improve this year. As for next year will need to pick up 2 top order batsman, 2 strike opening bowlers and throw Hecke into the side as well if you wish to challenge for a flag in what ever comp you are in.

Willy Congs: (B+) A slow start this year but a very good second half to the season by not loosing a game after christmas. Probably had the best balance bowling attack in the comp with good pace and spin options. Batting is the area of concern going forward. Need more runs from middle order especially Happy Upal. Need to pick up 2 or 3 batts to complement bowling stocks.

Burnside: (B) Excellent effort coming from A Matts to 5th in Turf. Your Batting probably let you down in the end with the middle order not doing enough. Loosing Wayne Keily and Aaron Harvey for most of the year hurt as well. Hopefully you can more use out of them next year, pick up a couple of bats and another bowler to replace Rob Schaefer.

St Johns: (C) St Johns would be dissapointed going from premiers last year to not making the finals this year. Unfortunatley for them they lost a few players as well unavailabilities hurt their depth this year. If they can get Hutchy back for a full year, pick up a couple of good middle order batsman and a bit of improvement from the others then they could turn things around quickly.

Kingy Bapts: (C) Another once powerful club who would be dissapointed with their season especially with their slow start to year. Finished off the season well with some good wins but were hoping to do better than 7th especially coming back from VTCA. For next season will need to pick up 3 quality batsman as they struggled to make runs this year. Return of Warren Suares next year will be great addition to the side.

Caroline Springs: (D+) After loosing a majority of their players to Burnside it was always going to be tough for Caroline Springs this year. However they had a crack and their youngsters had some valueable experience playing on Turf. There is a lot of potential and improvement in Vine and Cusick, Captain Baig was a good bowler and the young kid T Bedse looks a good cricketer as well. Hopefully for their sake they can keep their good players next year and improve more. Will need to pick up around 4 good senior cricketers who can bat and provide leadership as well as another bowler if they are to make finals.

Altona Roosters #2: (D-) Roosters #2 had a crack in most games but were never really threatening to any sides. Brad Potae showed potential he could make the step up to the senior side and young Damo could as well in about 2 or 3 years time. It was also great to see Costa show some balls and get out in the middle and face the new ball every game. In the end it would of been better for them to play in A Matts were they would have been more competative. If your #1's can pick up players then it will make you guys stronger and more competative next year.

Altona Roosters #1: (B+) A better year for you guys this year even though you made the GF last year. Improvement from some of your younger boys such as Robinson's batting and Justin's spin bowling was great. Well done to Mick Pots Nolton as well for getting everything possible out of himself to improve this year. As for next year will need to pick up 2 top order batsman, 2 strike opening bowlers and throw Hecke into the side as well if you wish to challenge for a flag in what ever comp you are in.

I agree with all of your comments very insightful and prety close 2 the mark. i say 3 bats & 1 strike bowler. we have got 1 bat already & 1 bowler still looking 4 a marque player/coach from a higher league. would love 2 c a good player or 2 from churches jump on board & show others we have quality in this comp. Heke & Potae will be knocking on the door i have no doubt & maybe big jordan.

Billy Bowden;343006 said:
With the Season Over now and all the talking finished I think it is a good time to give my season review and what clubs need to do next year.

Melton Centrals: (A+) Premiers and again put out a strong side this year. Like all teams you need to keep improving to keep winning flags but you have strong leadership which is good. If they can keep the same side and can get back Nody Orrr and Ray Davis or pick up an additional seamer and a middle order batsman then they will once again be hard to beat.

St Andrews: (A) Great Turn around this year from previous years and definately best team in Home and Away season. Have a strong team with good leaders now. Need to pickup 1 or 2 batsmen as struggled to make runs in both finals. Bowling is very good but could do with a spinner to add variety to attack especially if going to VTCA.
B+ for roosters a is bit harsh considering us & congs didnt get oppotunity to fight for the flag we both should get at least an A. even a plus for courage under fire

Willy Congs: (B+) A slow start this year but a very good second half to the season by not loosing a game after christmas. Probably had the best balance bowling attack in the comp with good pace and spin options. Batting is the area of concern going forward. Need more runs from middle order especially Happy Upal. Need to pick up 2 or 3 batts to complement bowling stocks.

Burnside: (B) Excellent effort coming from A Matts to 5th in Turf. Your Batting probably let you down in the end with the middle order not doing enough. Loosing Wayne Keily and Aaron Harvey for most of the year hurt as well. Hopefully you can more use out of them next year, pick up a couple of bats and another bowler to replace Rob Schaefer.

St Johns: (C) St Johns would be dissapointed going from premiers last year to not making the finals this year. Unfortunatley for them they lost a few players as well unavailabilities hurt their depth this year. If they can get Hutchy back for a full year, pick up a couple of good middle order batsman and a bit of improvement from the others then they could turn things around quickly.

Kingy Bapts: (C) Another once powerful club who would be dissapointed with their season especially with their slow start to year. Finished off the season well with some good wins but were hoping to do better than 7th especially coming back from VTCA. For next season will need to pick up 3 quality batsman as they struggled to make runs this year. Return of Warren Suares next year will be great addition to the side.

Caroline Springs: (D+) After loosing a majority of their players to Burnside it was always going to be tough for Caroline Springs this year. However they had a crack and their youngsters had some valueable experience playing on Turf. There is a lot of potential and improvement in Vine and Cusick, Captain Baig was a good bowler and the young kid T Bedse looks a good cricketer as well. Hopefully for their sake they can keep their good players next year and improve more. Will need to pick up around 4 good senior cricketers who can bat and provide leadership as well as another bowler if they are to make finals.

Altona Roosters #2: (D-) Roosters #2 had a crack in most games but were never really threatening to any sides. Brad Potae showed potential he could make the step up to the senior side and young Damo could as well in about 2 or 3 years time. It was also great to see Costa show some balls and get out in the middle and face the new ball every game. In the end it would of been better for them to play in A Matts were they would have been more competative. If your #1's can pick up players then it will make you guys stronger and more competative next year.

I agree with all of your comments very insightful and prety close 2 the mark. i say 3 bats & 1 strike bowler. we have got 1 bat already & 1 bowler still looking 4 a marque player/coach from a higher league. would love 2 c a good player or 2 from churches jump on board & show others we have quality in this comp. Heke & Potae will be knocking on the door i have no doubt & maybe big jordan.

warnysback;343661 said:
sunny heights, sunny ycw, kingy baps & west newport were all in the vtca & have all have since left .Reason travel time if you have kids playing in the morning & they r picked in your turf grade it is very hard to get them from newport or yarraville to bentleigh or chelsea b4 1

Kiddin yourself if you think travel was a reason.
FACT is couldn't compete, or couldn't sustain the requirements of playing vtca.
None of these sides were anywhere near having to cross town, they played 3 Divisions below that in the Northern divisions, and vtca rules say you don't have to go up.

warnysback;343661 said:
sunny heights, sunny ycw, kingy baps & west newport were all in the vtca & have all have since left .Reason travel time if you have kids playing in the morning & they r picked in your turf grade it is very hard to get them from newport or yarraville to bentleigh or chelsea b4 1

None of these sides were anywhere near having to cross town, they played 3 Divisions below that in the Northern divisions, and vtca rules say you don't have to go up.

Ifya Adballs;343758 said:

Not good enough?
What requirements would they be?
$$$$??

Ifya Adballs;343758 said:

Not good enough?
What requirements would they be?
$$$$??

wait there;342873 said:
sounds like you have made the decision for the club off ya own bat coq.. is it whatever coq says goes down at roosters?

just like the idea of promotion & relegation in vtca!

willy comp should seriously consider something similar if they did they would be ready to feast on the decaying carcuss that is churches comp.

willy comp 10 top teams with 3 ringin teams in b turf explain the incentive for any one!
point cook come second whats in it for them? do they have to go thru ur grading committee?
Point cook no turf, deer park 1 team,rams well there on the ropes.

if your committee had the vision to announce to the world that we want to grow & develop a vibrant turf comp through out the west you might get people talking and potential by in from disgruntled teams but if you dont have vision & clarity towards the future than it is hard to jump on board aimlessly sorry champ but thats the way i see it.....
i feel we will be interlopers in an already strong and vibrant comp we will carry the stigma of the church boys for quite some time would we get treated as equals i cann't be sure but tradition is hard to change......
its not personal just my view.

wait there;342873 said:
sounds like you have made the decision for the club off ya own bat coq.. is it whatever coq says goes down at roosters?

willy comp should seriously consider something similar if they did they would be ready to feast on the decaying carcuss that is churches comp.

willy comp 10 top teams with 3 ringin teams in b turf explain the incentive for any one!
point cook come second whats in it for them? do they have to go thru ur grading committee?

if your committee had the vision to announce to the world that we want to grow & develop a vibrant turf comp through out the west you might get people talking and potential by in from disgruntled teams but if you dont have vision & clarity towards the future than it is hard to jump on board aimlessly sorry champ but thats the way i see it.....
i feel we will be interlopers in an already strong and vibrant comp we will carry the stigma of the church boys for quite some time would we get treated as equals i cann't be sure but tradition is hard to change......

BigCoq;343790 said:

if ya three 'ring in' teams were half decent they'd be playin A turf, but the fact is they aren't good enough

BigCoq;343790 said:

if ya three 'ring in' teams were half decent they'd be playin A turf, but the fact is they aren't good enough

just back from cricket trip- roosters are well and truley strong , on and off the feild go boys, and go padge o'brien!

Happy- your post before mate was all class, awesome bloke , brillant cricketer and i'll disappionted that i wont be able to play against you for who knows how long. good luck with your cricket next year, im sure i'll bump into you somewhere and have a beer.

cheers to billy for kinds words in your season review. always nice to be reffered to like that. i do agree if we picked up 1 or 2 (strike bowlers) and 2 batts (maybe heke or potae could step up) hopeforly we could step up and be competive where ever we go. its gona be a challege, but we arnt going anywhere to get our arse kicked thats for sure. never die wondering

facts- someone told me on the weekend, they were joking with you to merge our team lists, would be a super team. id be more than happy to play the 2nd spinners roll behind you! or even watching in the stands prob more likely, wouldnt matter. all your boys more than welcome if ever wanted to come over.

thanks also for all your words last season, when my head was spinning- bowling up in turf last seaon, to players like dan temby, hayes, hullett, orr, happy, and yourself aswell- was a big learnig curve. had a couple of people at my club really help out, but you def did aswell and gave me confidece to take into this year- Cheers

just back from cricket trip- roosters are well and truley strong , on and off the feild go boys, and go padge o'brien!

Happy- your post before mate was all class, awesome bloke , brillant cricketer and i'll disappionted that i wont be able to play against you for who knows how long. good luck with your cricket next year, im sure i'll bump into you somewhere and have a beer.

cheers to billy for kinds words in your season review. always nice to be reffered to like that. i do agree if we picked up 1 or 2 (strike bowlers) and 2 batts (maybe heke or potae could step up) hopeforly we could step up and be competive where ever we go. its gona be a challege, but we arnt going anywhere to get our arse kicked thats for sure. never die wondering

facts- someone told me on the weekend, they were joking with you to merge our team lists, would be a super team. id be more than happy to play the 2nd spinners roll behind you! or even watching in the stands prob more likely, wouldnt matter. all your boys more than welcome if ever wanted to come over.

thanks also for all your words last season, when my head was spinning- bowling up in turf last seaon, to players like dan temby, hayes, hullett, orr, happy, and yourself aswell- was a big learnig curve. had a couple of people at my club really help out, but you def did aswell and gave me confidece to take into this year- Cheers

yarraville club fork out 30 big ones every year to win flag !! good luck to the roosters & st.andrews trying to match that!! thay both need 3 good bats & 2 bowls = $$$$$$

yarraville club fork out 30 big ones every year to win flag !! good luck to the roosters & st.andrews trying to match that!! thay both need 3 good bats & 2 bowls = $$$$$$

warnysback;343871 said:

is that all i thought it would be more than that in senior division.
We might be competitive yet!!!!!!

warnysback;343871 said:

warnysback;343871 said:

St Andrews and Altona Roosters would be starting in North B1 Grade which is 3 divisions below Senior Devision. They are both small clubs compared to Yarraville club and you don't have to be Einstein to realise that they wont be paying big money like the Senior Division Clubs. They may pay 1 or 2 Senior Marquee Players or a Coach but other than that most of the blokes play for enjoyment and to play with their mates. I have seen some of the North B1 cricket and both the Roosters and St Andrews would be very competative in that division. It seems both clubs are on the right track and have already started recruiting to make their teams stronger, so I think they will be ok. If they happen to win a flag and go upto North A1 in the next few years then I am sure they will reasses their player payment situation then. There is quility players and duds in the WSUCCA so I wouldn't be underestimating clubs who come from the Churches comp.

warnysback;343871 said:

St Andrews and Altona Roosters would be starting in North B1 Grade which is 3 divisions below Senior Devision. They are both small clubs compared to Yarraville club and you don't have to be Einstein to realise that they wont be paying big money like the Senior Division Clubs. They may pay 1 or 2 Senior Marquee Players or a Coach but other than that most of the blokes play for enjoyment and to play with their mates. I have seen some of the North B1 cricket and both the Roosters and St Andrews would be very competative in that division. It seems both clubs are on the right track and have already started recruiting to make their teams stronger, so I think they will be ok. If they happen to win a flag and go upto North A1 in the next few years then I am sure they will reasses their player payment situation then. There is quility players and duds in the WSUCCA so I wouldn't be underestimating clubs who come from the Churches comp.

Billy Bowden;343899 said:

Yes Billy, well said. Generally we don't really care where we play or who we play against - It's more about who we are playing along side of. It's always nice to win or at least be competitive but it's being part of the team/club that really matters. A few weeks ago I wasn't sure if I would ever play again but after a few choice words from someone I respect (thanks Grant) I now can't wait for next season to start! In fact the thought of playing in a different comp has got the juices flowing and even though I will be 40 early in the season I am looking forward to the challenge. But for now all I can say is ........................................ GO ROOS :cool:

Billy Bowden;343899 said:

Yes Billy, well said. Generally we don't really care where we play or who we play against - It's more about who we are playing along side of. It's always nice to win or at least be competitive but it's being part of the team/club that really matters. A few weeks ago I wasn't sure if I would ever play again but after a few choice words from someone I respect (thanks Grant) I now can't wait for next season to start! In fact the thought of playing in a different comp has got the juices flowing and even though I will be 40 early in the season I am looking forward to the challenge. But for now all I can say is ........................................ GO ROOS :cool:

Just 2 more posts and that will be a well earned half century....................... Actually one after this quick single:p

Just 2 more posts and that will be a well earned half century....................... Actually one after this quick single:p

BigCoq;343895 said:

$30,000 is way of the mark, gotta be dreaming, going by their annual report back in 2005, player/coach payments were $90,000. If thats what they show on their reports, wonder how much was under the table?
Hate to see what was forked out for 09! Cant compete with the power clubs...

BigCoq;343895 said:

$30,000 is way of the mark, gotta be dreaming, going by their annual report back in 2005, player/coach payments were $90,000. If thats what they show on their reports, wonder how much was under the table?

Solidindefence;343928 said:

Without being involved at YC, I would think 90k is also way off the mark? This report could have been a way of writing off for tax reasons?? However, it is not new news to know that YC are clearly not scared in spending some big $'s over the last 10 years. BUT, $'s will only take a club so far. You MUST have a solid junior program in place or your club will slide very quickly. Good luck to all coming across to the VTCA, if there are any that is??

Without being involved at YC, I would think 90k is also way off the mark? This report could have been a way of writing off for tax reasons?? However, it is not new news to know that YC are clearly not scared in spending some big $'s over the last 10 years. BUT, $'s will only take a club so far. You MUST have a solid junior program in place or your club will slide very quickly. Good luck to all coming across to the VTCA, if there are any that is??

word around the traps that yarraville club are being investigated for breaching the paid players rule in the VTCA.. i believe you can pay one player and an overseas player or something along those lines.. a few clubs weren't happy with them and have told the comp who are investigating.. well thats the rumour anyway

word around the traps that yarraville club are being investigated for breaching the paid players rule in the VTCA.. i believe you can pay one player and an overseas player or something along those lines.. a few clubs weren't happy with them and have told the comp who are investigating.. well thats the rumour anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back