Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

jika jika;344800 said:
If ya taking the piss over our piss poor grand final record over the last 15 or so years fair enough. If ya taking the piss over us going from b1 to senior division in 5 seasons thats a stretch. If ya not taking the piss, I apoligise. Maybe I like the comp cause its been great for us. But if teams at the moment are up and down between b1 and a1 its because thats the level they are at now. In 5 years, 10 years who knows what kids have come through, new money streams clubs have latched onto, the right coach brings old players back, who knows what might happen, but if your playing in a smaller suburban based competition are you giving your club the best chance of not only surviving but thriving over the next 20 years. Do you think there will be as many turf grounds available in 10 or 15 years as there is now. Water is about to become sporting clubs biggest issue. Do you think councils will support every club who wants to play on turf, or do you think they may start the process of turning their local comps back to hard wicket, and limit turf cricket to 4 or 5 grounds in their municipality to be used by clubs playing the higher levels.

Apology accepted,I wasnt taking the piss,I really think you guys have done great considering you havent had a many junior sides over the last 5 to 10 years,but how long can it keep going with guys Slug,Millsy,Leetet&Mozza nearing the end???
I hope you go well in Sen Divvy as it is a good endorsement for our comp!!

I think the thing that is not so good about prom/relagation in VTCA is only the winning side should go up not top 2,my opinion only!!!:cool:

jika jika;344800 said:
If ya taking the piss over our piss poor grand final record over the last 15 or so years fair enough. If ya taking the piss over us going from b1 to senior division in 5 seasons thats a stretch. If ya not taking the piss, I apoligise. Maybe I like the comp cause its been great for us. But if teams at the moment are up and down between b1 and a1 its because thats the level they are at now. In 5 years, 10 years who knows what kids have come through, new money streams clubs have latched onto, the right coach brings old players back, who knows what might happen, but if your playing in a smaller suburban based competition are you giving your club the best chance of not only surviving but thriving over the next 20 years. Do you think there will be as many turf grounds available in 10 or 15 years as there is now. Water is about to become sporting clubs biggest issue. Do you think councils will support every club who wants to play on turf, or do you think they may start the process of turning their local comps back to hard wicket, and limit turf cricket to 4 or 5 grounds in their municipality to be used by clubs playing the higher levels.

Apology accepted,I wasnt taking the piss,I really think you guys have done great considering you havent had a many junior sides over the last 5 to 10 years,but how long can it keep going with guys Slug,Millsy,Leetet&Mozza nearing the end???

I think the thing that is not so good about prom/relagation in VTCA is only the winning side should go up not top 2,my opinion only!!!:cool:

After last night's extraordinary general meeting:
The Altona Roosters have now officially joined the VTCA and will be starting in North B1/B2.
We are aware that this change will not be easy but with the dedicated people we have on board we are more than confidant this move will be a successfull one.
The most heartening part was that the vote was unanimous.

We are actively seeking players to join us on our new path especially all those disgruntled Church players.

We have already spoken to 3 potential coaches and will continue to look for players.
We hope to announce our perspective coach by the end of the month.
Potential players or coaches please send a pm as our door is open and will entertain any expressions of interest.
LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGE:D

The Altona Roosters have now officially joined the VTCA and will be starting in North B1/B2.
We are aware that this change will not be easy but with the dedicated people we have on board we are more than confidant this move will be a successfull one.

We are actively seeking players to join us on our new path especially all those disgruntled Church players.

We have already spoken to 3 potential coaches and will continue to look for players.
Potential players or coaches please send a pm as our door is open and will entertain any expressions of interest.

A.B De Villiers;344969 said:
Im not surprised there bigqoc, Standrewsman's asking price is very high! i think your club has enough inside the club to sustain themselves in vtca or willy comp. save your money until you get some serious sponsors on board and can get some decent imports and rise up the ranks:)

A.B.you are very wise although i think we need someone from the vtca or the like to help take us to the next level a proffesional coach would be the number 1 on the wish list. 2 bats 1 speedster.
Have got 2 players already. 1 bat, 1 allrounder need a good coach.
Might even get a couple of our ex juniors back that are currently playing in Yarraville firsts.....
A.B we go allright in sponsor department but can always be improved upon.
I think off the field we were one of the Power clubs in Churches so we just need to take the next step on the field.
Go Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.B De Villiers;344969 said:
Im not surprised there bigqoc, Standrewsman's asking price is very high! i think your club has enough inside the club to sustain themselves in vtca or willy comp. save your money until you get some serious sponsors on board and can get some decent imports and rise up the ranks:)

A.B.you are very wise although i think we need someone from the vtca or the like to help take us to the next level a proffesional coach would be the number 1 on the wish list. 2 bats 1 speedster.
Have got 2 players already. 1 bat, 1 allrounder need a good coach.
Might even get a couple of our ex juniors back that are currently playing in Yarraville firsts.....
A.B we go allright in sponsor department but can always be improved upon.
I think off the field we were one of the Power clubs in Churches so we just need to take the next step on the field.
Go Us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;345080 said:

don't u need a turf wicket?

BigCoq;345080 said:

BigCoq;345080 said:

where will your second team play ? laverton will still be using your shared ground 2009/2010
rgds

BigCoq;345080 said:

where will your second team play ? laverton will still be using your shared ground 2009/2010
rgds

Flemington Colts Cricket Club Requires a Capt/Coach for the 2009/2010 season
Affl: M.M.V.C.A
We have 4 Senior sides in Matting Grades, A,C & 2 1day grades. We are looking for the right person to take our club to the next step.The Club is only 10 years old and looking to start its own history now. Top $$$ will be available to the right person. Please pm myself and all responses replied too. Thanks

Flemington Colts Cricket Club Requires a Capt/Coach for the 2009/2010 season
Affl: M.M.V.C.A
We have 4 Senior sides in Matting Grades, A,C & 2 1day grades. We are looking for the right person to take our club to the next step.The Club is only 10 years old and looking to start its own history now. Top $$$ will be available to the right person. Please pm myself and all responses replied too. Thanks

wait there;345102 said:

done!!! u worry too much. I believe we will be going back to a 22 yard strip unlike the angliss wickets 25 yard special limited addition preped wickets u provided us with.lol

wait there;345102 said:

done!!! u worry too much. I believe we will be going back to a 22 yard strip unlike the angliss wickets 25 yard special limited addition preped wickets u provided us with.lol

not every game in b1 get a ump in the a turf & nil in the b turf !!
wdca 2 in a turf & 1 in the b turf so why go backwards !! it will be like playing b mats no ump & plenty of disputed dissen & dissent

not every game in b1 get a ump in the a turf & nil in the b turf !!
wdca 2 in a turf & 1 in the b turf so why go backwards !! it will be like playing b mats no ump & plenty of disputed dissen & dissent

BigCoq;345080 said:

Good luck to the Roosters.

Now Big Coq, can you please stop posting on this site? No offense but we don't need you potting the comp anymore, even though things have not gone so well in the last couple of months. I would like to think that it will survive so help us out a little would you? There are still good blokes in the comp.....

BigCoq;345080 said:

Now Big Coq, can you please stop posting on this site? No offense but we don't need you potting the comp anymore, even though things have not gone so well in the last couple of months. I would like to think that it will survive so help us out a little would you? There are still good blokes in the comp.....

BigCoq;345119 said:

will never prepare a wicket for that comp again after the shimozzle of the semi finals

BigCoq;345119 said:

will never prepare a wicket for that comp again after the shimozzle of the semi finals

tayls;345130 said:

Tayls

Coq can say what he likes on this site as we still have teams in this comp.

tayls;345130 said:

Tayls

Coq can say what he likes on this site as we still have teams in this comp.

Tayls...Just in response to what you said abaout the big guy, he loves the comp, has never played in another comp and it saddens him as much as it does me that it had to come to this. However the other greek fella is right we will still be putting two sides on the park in the churches and hope to continue our long history as part of this comp for a long time yet!! I'm sure moving forward the Bigcoq does not expect to play 1sts or 2nds so you just might be hearing from him alot more than you like!! We at the Roosters consider the matter of the semi final closed and would be happy if all did the same and moved on!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tayls...Just in response to what you said abaout the big guy, he loves the comp, has never played in another comp and it saddens him as much as it does me that it had to come to this. However the other greek fella is right we will still be putting two sides on the park in the churches and hope to continue our long history as part of this comp for a long time yet!! I'm sure moving forward the Bigcoq does not expect to play 1sts or 2nds so you just might be hearing from him alot more than you like!! We at the Roosters consider the matter of the semi final closed and would be happy if all did the same and moved on!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

no worries tayls now we have set a new course i am moving on thanks.
Still love the comp and apologies about potting your club have no hard feeling to any club in the comp just semi desicion............................
wish you and your boys all the success in the future. best of luck mate!!!!

no worries tayls now we have set a new course i am moving on thanks.
Still love the comp and apologies about potting your club have no hard feeling to any club in the comp just semi desicion............................
wish you and your boys all the success in the future. best of luck mate!!!!

hussler;345041 said:

At least 1, maybe 2 of those blokes have officially reached the end as 1sts players and won't be playing, one reached it 5 yrs ago but keeps getting dragged back and slug is still hitting em ok, although he may bat 5 or 6 next year rather than open. We began the long process of restarting our junior program 3 yrs ago and had 4 x u/11 this yr which was great, but still 5 or so years before the 1sts see any of these kids. The promotion/relegation rule is usually only the premiers go up, except to senior division, but we got extremely lucky 5 yrs ago when we lost the b1 final to west newport that a club from a higher grade went to the MMVCA so a 2nd spot opened up. When we won A1 2 yrs later St Albans ( who we beat) didn't get promoted and this year again up as runner up. A restructure of all grades looks like happening before next season so it will be interesting if any other runners up also get promoted a grade.

Thanks for your best wishes for next year, the plan is to finish 4-8, we have a really good pom coming over and 1 or 2 other signings, but your right, we cant keep relying on the "old bastards" forever, hopefully some of our younger blokes can fill some holes until our junior program "kicks in"

hussler;345041 said:

At least 1, maybe 2 of those blokes have officially reached the end as 1sts players and won't be playing, one reached it 5 yrs ago but keeps getting dragged back and slug is still hitting em ok, although he may bat 5 or 6 next year rather than open. We began the long process of restarting our junior program 3 yrs ago and had 4 x u/11 this yr which was great, but still 5 or so years before the 1sts see any of these kids. The promotion/relegation rule is usually only the premiers go up, except to senior division, but we got extremely lucky 5 yrs ago when we lost the b1 final to west newport that a club from a higher grade went to the MMVCA so a 2nd spot opened up. When we won A1 2 yrs later St Albans ( who we beat) didn't get promoted and this year again up as runner up. A restructure of all grades looks like happening before next season so it will be interesting if any other runners up also get promoted a grade.

Thanks for your best wishes for next year, the plan is to finish 4-8, we have a really good pom coming over and 1 or 2 other signings, but your right, we cant keep relying on the "old bastards" forever, hopefully some of our younger blokes can fill some holes until our junior program "kicks in"

roosters hack;345140 said:

Costa, Roosters Hack, you're right he is entitled to say what he likes, and it's great to hear that you blokes will still have a couple of teams playing in the comp. I think we certainly need to let sleeping dogs lie from here on in.

And to you Big Coq, no need to apologise. You have shown passion for your club and I would do exactly the same. Good to see that you're moving on though; let's put all the crap behind us. And as far as potting my club is concerned, I think you gave just as good as you got so all square on that. Cheers mate and best of luck.

roosters hack;345140 said:

Costa, Roosters Hack, you're right he is entitled to say what he likes, and it's great to hear that you blokes will still have a couple of teams playing in the comp. I think we certainly need to let sleeping dogs lie from here on in.

And to you Big Coq, no need to apologise. You have shown passion for your club and I would do exactly the same. Good to see that you're moving on though; let's put all the crap behind us. And as far as potting my club is concerned, I think you gave just as good as you got so all square on that. Cheers mate and best of luck.

wait there;345132 said:

The Monday of the Semi Final after pitch got dug up was probably the best condition that the Angliss Pitch had been in before the grand final then what youv'e prepared this year

wait there;345132 said:

The Monday of the Semi Final after pitch got dug up was probably the best condition that the Angliss Pitch had been in before the grand final then what youv'e prepared this year

cash game;345250 said:

good one goose.. still got over 5K for the season.. so i couldn't give a **** what you think

cash game;345250 said:

good one goose.. still got over 5K for the season.. so i couldn't give a **** what you think

wait there;345282 said:

any chance of going round again? or u moving on to another ground somewhere? or just retiring from it?

wait there;345282 said:

any chance of going round again? or u moving on to another ground somewhere? or just retiring from it?

StAndrewsman;345576 said:

i'll go around again.. just no where near you cowards.. **** i was happy to see you blokes choke and get beat in the grand final.. JUSTICE was done! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

StAndrewsman;345576 said:

i'll go around again.. just no where near you cowards.. **** i was happy to see you blokes choke and get beat in the grand final.. JUSTICE was done! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

wait there;345599 said:

I was just happy to finally see someoneone know what they were doing for once at angliss when the grand final pitch was prepared unlike the rubbish you dished out during the year.

Grounds Keeper Willy would probably prepare a better pitch than you

wait there;345599 said:

I was just happy to finally see someoneone know what they were doing for once at angliss when the grand final pitch was prepared unlike the rubbish you dished out during the year.

Grounds Keeper Willy would probably prepare a better pitch than you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back