which sport AFL, NRL, or Union

Re: which sport AFL, NRL, or Union

Only one choice- AFL. Even the worst game of AFL I would watch over the best game of any of the others.

After a huge gap, I don't mind watching the NRL, Union on a par. Soccer below them.

I'm an NRL man through and through. That said I enjoy watching AFL also, I'm a saints fan, don't have a comprehensive knowledge of the game but I know enough. Souths fan, League wise, moving to the Gold Coast in November and will have to throw myweight behjind them

Australian Rules is the most beautiful of all the codes. Just the right mix of physicality and skill. Much better than the pack of boofheads that constitute both codes of rugby and the softies that make up soccer.

AFL cannot be topped
nothing else i enjoy more than watching it
NRL isn't too bad
i would never watch Union or Soccer so boring

mid wicket;314241 said:
I've found something, watching the Bombers at their best in the AFL ;)

That is just silly mate, watching the tiges in full form with the likes of cousins, cotchin, coughlan... the list goes on

Chris Newman is our captain
he wears the captains hat
and when he sees a hardball get
he says im havin that
hands it off to cousins
and he makes the switch
kicks it down to richo
and he puts it through the sticks

Richmond Tigers Premiers 09 BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well i just looked at this thread and couldnt help but post.

i like watching AFL occasionally but im afraid i cant believe it is our 'national' sport.
imagine what other countries think of us.
just a bunch of men bumping into each other bent over. there isnt much fun in that. at least in league they are aiming to hurt someone. a little more manly.

but i really dont care because cricket is miles above their head.

assuming cricket is up in the clouds somewhere...

1. NRL
2. Union (esp. internationals)
3. AFL

League smashes the other 2 pretty convincingly, but all three are good games in there own right.

Old thread; don't care, just joined.

1. Rugby League -- I follow the mighty (not-cheating-anymore) Storm, and I'm so glad that we're getting live footy on Nine/GEM
2. Rugby Union -- All Blacks and Crusaders fan, which seems un-Australian, but those two teams made me love the sport
3. Football soccer -- Glasgow Rangers is my FIFA team (for some reason, I tend to keep winning with them), but I don't have a team otherwise. Any European league has my general interest, and even the American MLS intrigues me. I can't get into the A-League no matter how hard I try; I'd watch an English Championship or League One game with greater interest, and I don't know why.
?. AFL -- I used to love it in primary/elementary school, but the Storm won the NRL premiership in 1999, and it all changed.

Back