Will points be removed in BPCA

crktluva

Will points be removed in BPCA

4 clubs unpaid afffiliation fees, will the BPCA take off all points from NOV 1 onwards. the more ya bet the more ya win.

Re: Will points be removed in BPCA

i can see them in collendina and jan juc now, oh my goodness gracious me, vot are ve gong to do about zis atrocity, vee vont play in de vinyls now. lets burn dat brrrdchee (birchy) mun.

2z4l0yw.jpg

Points were taken off the clubs last night in a massive call by the BPCA.
Jan Juc have dropped from 5th to out of finals contention and Collendina have gone from outright 2nd to out of the six.
Anglesea and Barwon Heads also had points taken away for late payment and Newcomb and St Leonards (2nd XI) lost all their points.

I've got a feeling we haven't heard the last of this.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;316878 said:
Jan Juc have dropped from 5th to out of finals contention and Collendina have gone from outright 2nd to out of the six.
Anglesea and Barwon Heads also had points taken away for late payment and Newcomb and St Leonards (2nd XI) lost all their points.

can collendina still make it?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;316935 said:
they're only a game out in the 1sts I'd say they'd have to win every game.

i told ya, i reckon its great they grew some balls and stuck to it. but i think collendina have only 6 points now. cant possibly make it if thats right. night shift for a week now boys so see ya.

crktluva;317116 said:
i told ya, i reckon its great they grew some balls and stuck to it. but i think collendina have only 6 points now. cant possibly make it if thats right. night shift for a week now boys so see ya.

Maybe the ladders wrong, if they're only 6 points not 18 their season is over.

Also crktluva do you know why Anglesea and Barwon Heads lost 6 points each? same reason I'm guessing but why less points?

I see the mighty wallabies are only out of the 6 on percentage now crktluva;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;317134 said:
Maybe the ladders wrong, if they're only 6 points not 18 their season is over.

Also crktluva do you know why Anglesea and Barwon Heads lost 6 points each? same reason I'm guessing but why less points?

I see the mighty wallabies are only out of the 6 on percentage now crktluva;)

dunno about heads and anglesea, can only assume the same reason, but the wallabies will bounce back, get it bounce, wallabies. the thing that annoys me is ocean grove have only won 2 games, getting smashed in both their washouts, but their in the 6, they should be tenth. interesting to see what kind of sides and efforts these teams now put in.

Good on the BPCA for sticking to their guns. The warning signs are there throughout the whole season and the deadlines assumably are posted right from the word go. Can only assume that clubs had around 4 or 5 months to pay the fees and that towards the end of the time they would have been told what would happen if they didn't. Bad luck.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;316878 said:

Spot on mate.
I'm not going to go into any details here, but the BPCA hasn't got a leg to stand on with this issue. I'll say more when more comes to light.
No wonder GCA call us beach cricket. It's about as well organised as it.

tugga1;318144 said:
Spot on mate.
I'm not going to go into any details here, but the BPCA hasn't got a leg to stand on with this issue. I'll say more when more comes to light.
No wonder GCA call us beach cricket. It's about as well organised as it.

dont knowhere your goin tugga, read the rules mate, its as plain as day. The VCCL will go straight to the constitution and follow it to the letter, unpaid by due date means no points, case closed. I know its harsh but blame the committees of the clubs. Not fair on clubs that do pay either. i dont balme anyone effected by this for being upset, but you dont stand a chance legally. ive been thru this process at other clubs and the VCCL will back an association to the hill if they are following rules.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;318135 said:
I did hear talk that some of the affected sides may not take the field tomorrow, will be interesting.

hope they dn turn up, were happy with ten points.:D but id say they will play, will have something to prove i reckon.

I do recall Bell Post Hill winning back to back division one flags a few years back then being dropped to division two, BPH tried several avenues of appeal,The VCCL backed the GCA on that count but this is a different set of circumstances I guess.

Clubs are often quick to run to the authorities when they feel they have been hard done by, BPH being an example of this. It is only to be expected that the affected BPCA clubs will try all avenues to get their points back. I doubt whether they will be successful, as the association has followed the letter of the law and the clubs in question are clearly the parties in the wrong. One club (Collendina, from memory) claimed in the addy today that their failure to pay the fees was an administrative oversight, which is poppycock. You pay the cash and forget about it till next year. It's a harsh penalty but overall the clubs have nobody to blame but themselves.

a for effort;318740 said:
Clubs are often quick to run to the authorities when they feel they have been hard done by, BPH being an example of this. It is only to be expected that the affected BPCA clubs will try all avenues to get their points back. I doubt whether they will be successful, as the association has followed the letter of the law and the clubs in question are clearly the parties in the wrong. One club (Collendina, from memory) claimed in the addy today that their failure to pay the fees was an administrative oversight, which is poppycock. You pay the cash and forget about it till next year. It's a harsh penalty but overall the clubs have nobody to blame but themselves.

I think your right, although my opinion is that it's very harsh it does state in the rules clearly what will happen.

27 - Affiliation Fees
Each Club entering a team in the Association shall on or before the 1st November
in each year, pay to the Association such affiliation fees as the Association
nominates annually.
Any Club which has not paid the affiliation fees by the appointed date, shall not be
eligible for any further premiership points after the appointed date for any grade
until such time as the fees have been paid.

Back