Will points be removed in BPCA

Re: Will points be removed in BPCA

yes its me;319578 said:
unless they've improved recently, yes they are a rabble on the field and why they where allowed to enter BPCA is beyond logic
Yep, the last thing anyone wanted was another side in Geelong (no disrespect to St Albans and Newcomb, who have been in the comp a long time and have been good servants to the comp as well). It mkust be said thouigh that the majority of club voted them in, so this one falls with the clubs.

crktluva;319593 said:
a lot of what BPCA do is beyond logic, its a very strangely run league thats for sure. all these pyjamas sides wear is one joke that annoys me.

I will retire immediately if our club brings in those RSL bowls club shirts like the ones Drysdale has.

the more i hear about this points thing, the more i think clubs should fight it. but i still dont know whether or not they will succeed. BPCA will say all clubs have responsibilty to know the rules, which they do. every committee would know when affiliations are due. it is also expected that BPCA would remind clubs of their upcoming payments either via meetings or correspondence. it will be interesting to see what happens. i feel for the clubs effected but i just know that the VCCL (if they are who decides the fate,) will ultimately go back to the rule back and say "bad luck boys" its their in black and white. either way its a crappy situation that could have been avoided by both parties.

The longer this goes on the worse it's going get, whats going to happen if it drags out to the last game of the year and teams in the 6 think they're playing finals and it gets overturned? Will them teams then be kicking up a stink? I bet they do.
I see the ladder has been updated so as it stands Collendina and Jan Juc need Drysdale and Ocean Grove to lose every game and they'll have to win all their games to sneak in. This is a shambles, the best six teams should be playing in the finals IMO.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;320132 said:
The longer this goes on the worse it's going get, whats going to happen if it drags out to the last game of the year and teams in the 6 think they're playing finals and it gets overturned? Will them teams then being kicking up a stink? I bet they do.
I see the ladder has been updated so as it stands Collendina and Jan Juc need Drysdale and Ocean Grove to lose every game and they'll have to win all their games to sneak in. This is a shambles, the best six teams should be playing in the finals IMO.

Well said.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;320132 said:
The longer this goes on the worse it's going get, whats going to happen if it drags out to the last game of the year and teams in the 6 think they're playing finals and it gets overturned? Will them teams then be kicking up a stink? I bet they do.

fully agree with all the above. but, if one of the best six has not followed rules correctly and others have, then they're out. I REPEAT " IF IF IF they have not followed rules.

tugga1;320048 said:
Yep, a knee-jerk reaction that has flared up and hit them smack in the face. Did they really think that they could do this and it would all blow over smoothly?
A well-run organisation would have sent out a memo a week before November 1 deadline reminding all clubs of their obligation to pay the affiliation fee and that failure to pay would result in no points being awarded after November coinciding with rule 40-6. But no. Instead they send a piece of paper (not even an invoice) with no date on it and no date that payment needed to be made.
A well-organisation would have communicated with the clubs before the November 1 deadline.
But they kept awarding points despite their own rule telling them not to.
Having said that, the clubs must also share the blame for this as well. Hopefully, from now on, clubs will have learned their lesson regardless of whether the points are returned or not.

Just perused your ladder and Barwon Heads would be laughing. Even though you've lost points your side is no weaker , but the opposition finalists now are, half your competition won't make it !

There may be some very embarrassing scores come finals time if points stand as they are. As half the finalists are not up with the leaders when it comes to talent, form and confidence in winning.

yes its me;320262 said:
Just perused your ladder and Barwon Heads would be laughing. Even though you've lost points your side is no weaker , but the opposition finalists now are, half your competition won't make it !

There may be some very embarrassing scores come finals time if points stand as they are. As half the finalists are not up with the leaders when it comes to talent, form and confidence in winning.

Our C grade has slipped from 1st to 4th and our B grade's position has been improved. A grade if they keep winning, will still finish 1st.
But that's not the point I was trying to make. This whole thing has penalised the very fabric of what makes up this competiton - the players. It has penalised the players when all this is simply not their fault. I feel for Collendina A and B grade. They''ve worked hard as a club to be competitive and now this whole thing has put the poor cricketers themselves at a disadvantage when it wasn't their fault. There has to be a better way.

yes collendina players like norquay who have been thru tough times and stuck fat must be seathing, not fair on a bloke like him and his old man. mark ginn been there forever too. but the clubs have to be held somewhat responsible, they knew it had to be paid, cant just not pay it because nobody taps you on the shoulder, plenty of other clubs paid on time without reminders. players are the ones who cop it hardest though, they just wanna play finals cricket.

crktluva;319571 said:
what does accepting have GWSC have to do with it.:confused: if im missing something here please tell me, or are you just merely pointing out that GWSC are a rabble on field.

Yes, we haven't heard from the boys down at GWSC club for some time. Weren't they on here pre-season promising big things down at Bakers Oval and how they were going to make mince meat of the competition?! Then reality set in. In my 20 years in Geelong, by far the most disorganised sports club around; cricket & football.

There is an appeal being held on Friday night regarding this issue apparently, outcome will be interesting. Hopefully it's solved and we can move on either way.

well guees what, decision has been overturned and clubs get their points back. What a spineless shambles of a league we play in. some unhappy campers with the decision apprently but i havent heard any details yet, will let ya know more when it comes to hand.

they asked clubs to vote on it including the six that were late paying, and got 3 others to vote with them, 9 against 5, points returned. good luck to those clubs but what a joke, rules are to be followed and enforced by exec committee, not over run by clubs. BPCA committee should have stood firm and said these are the rules, sorry.

crktluva;322232 said:
they asked clubs to vote on it including the six that were late paying, and got 3 others to vote with them, 9 against 5, points returned. good luck to those clubs but what a joke, rules are to be followed and enforced by exec committee, not over run by clubs. BPCA committee should have stood firm and said these are the rules, sorry.

strong words crktluva, but I really think you should know both sides of the story before commenting in such a terse manner. From my information there is a rule and it was broken, but the league was incumbent in following correct proceedures prior to enforcing the rule. If your house is not in shape don't expect others to have theirs the same.
The BPCA is a business (and as such has an ABN), all clubs are non profit run businesses (also with ABN's) and collectively they should adhere to taxation laws and common business practices. The non issue of an invoice for amounts oweing shows a distinct lack of professionalism on the leagues behalf, not to mention that in the spirit of the game this should never have occurred.
Thankfully COMMON SENSE has prevailed and everyone can get back to playing cricket, (providing it isn't too hot !!!)

hardly strong words, more like stating my opinion which happens to be fact. dont bring all this business garbage into it, the gca dont send invoices, your clutching at short straws there mate. rules are rules, and the committee is their to enforce them. u know very well every secretary and treasurer know when that has to be paid. if you read my comments i wished the clubs good luck, i dont blame them for fighting it, but it should never have gone to a meeting, exec committee should have said, thats the rule, you broke it, no points. if the rule needs to be addressed it should be done so thru the correct channels via the AGM of the BPCA so this problem is avoided in the future. the best performed clubs should play finals, but not if they have not followed the rules of the association. i wouldnt expect clubs to pay on time next year, or if they arent gonna make finals.

Does this set a precedent for clubs to wait and see how their season unfolds before deciding whether or not to pay fees in future years?

I've got a feeling the BPCA ballsed it up big time on this one.

The rules are that the clubs themselves decide on a matter like this. Last night, apparantely, only followed the rules. I wasn't there, but I spoke to someone who was.
The rule regarding the payment of affiliation fees will be changed and worded in a way that can't be abused again. This will probably change at the AGM.
Time to move on and play some cricket and may the best six teams play in the finals.

its been one big stuff up from the start, clubs should have paid on time and they know it, BPCA should have stopped giving points as of Nov 1st not take them off later. ive had enough of it end of subject for me. case closed. good luck to all finals teams.

Excuse my ignorance but i find it totally bewildeirng that the league can make a decision on something, then the clubs take their own vote and over-turn the decision?! Is this the case for any decision made by the league? If GCA clubs don't agree with the promotion/relegation criteria, can they just vote on it and change the rules. Could clubs have voted on te decision to not play Sat and all agree to play? Where does this type of decision-changing end?

G'day all,
Just joined up and have a query ....

tugga1;322413 said:
The rules are that the clubs themselves decide on a matter like this. Last night, apparantely, only followed the rules. I wasn't there, but I spoke to someone who was.
The rule regarding the payment of affiliation fees will be changed and worded in a way that can't be abused again. This will probably change at the AGM.
Time to move on and play some cricket and may the best six teams play in the finals.

Tugga, would you be so kind and let us know exactly what BPCA regulation allows for this?

Back