Will points be removed in BPCA

Re: Will points be removed in BPCA

talkin to the juc boys after game, they say there will be some more action to follow. they have some legal dudes at their club who are willing to fight. how much money does the league have was one comment. i think they are taking the angle of, well what about all unpaid fines and unenforced fines for incorrect paperwork etc. thats a rule too, but they dont enforce it. they believe someone on the BPCA exec has been waiting to do this to suit their club. they blame St albans and ocean grove because it benefits them.

they believe someone on the BPCA exec has been waiting to do this to suit their club. they blame St albans and ocean grove because it benefits them.

Steady on there crktluva. You are misquoting big time. I was at that conversation and I said the deducted points in this case, and lack of enforcement of other rules opens up the possibility of clubs picking and choosing what battles to fight to benifit themselves. We never blamed STABW or OG for this mess and nobody said it was implemented to help their ladder position.
And as for "Wallabies on the way up baby": after the game next Saturday we'll evaluate that statement over a sweet Shark victory beer.

Shark Attack;319402 said:
they believe someone on the BPCA exec has been waiting to do this to suit their club. they blame St albans and ocean grove because it benefits them.

Steady on there crktluva. You are misquoting big time. I was at that conversation and I said the deducted points in this case, and lack of enforcement of other rules opens up the possibility of clubs picking and choosing what battles to fight to benifit themselves. We never blamed STABW or OG for this mess and nobody said it was implemented to help their ladder position.
And as for "Wallabies on the way up baby": after the game next Saturday we'll evaluate that statement over a sweet Shark victory beer.

It's laughable really, Collendina also tried blaming St Albans for it.
You're kidding yourselves if you think our club gives a rats arse either way, we just worry about ourselves. So stop pointing the finger and next time PAY YOUR AFFILIATION IT'S SIMPLE:eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;319420 said:
It's laughable really, Collendina also tried blaming St Albans for it.
You're kidding yourselves if you think our club gives a rats arse either way, we just worry about ourselves. So stop pointing the finger and next time PAY YOUR AFFILIATION IT'S SIMPLE:eek:
"It's laughable really, Collendina also tried blaming St Albans for it."
Geez Shanebourneorwarnie, what part of "We never blamed STABW or OG for this mess and nobody said it was implemented to help their ladder position" didn't you understand?

Shark Attack;319430 said:
Geez Shanebourneorwarnie, what part of "We never blamed STABW or OG for this mess and nobody said it was implemented to help their ladder position" didn't you understand?

There has been word getting around that Jan Juc and Collendina think we led this whole thing.
Anyway I'm tipping by the end if the next game you'll have most your points back.

Barwon Heads aren't blaming anyone. We paid three weeks late and because of 'special' circumstances surrounding it, we believe we have a good chance of fighting this. I won't go into the details surrounding our situation, suffice to say we believe we have a very strong case.
Was heartened to learn that the St Albans pres phoned our pres and leant his full support to the clubs who lost points. That's a bloody good effort by him. That has my full respect.
There are many, many things the BPCA did wrong on this, which I really don't want to go into right now. But basically they should have followed their own rules and not awarded any points to any clubs from November 1 onwards. They needed to enforce the rule at the time, not 3 months down the track.

So it was all a rumour that JJ think it was OG and SABW behind the decision. And this week's results show that points should be returned.
All the new finals aspirants are in very poor positions against teams that had their points stripped.:eek:

a for effort;318740 said:
Clubs are often quick to run to the authorities when they feel they have been hard done by, BPH being an example of this. It is only to be expected that the affected BPCA clubs will try all avenues to get their points back. I doubt whether they will be successful, as the association has followed the letter of the law and the clubs in question are clearly the parties in the wrong. One club (Collendina, from memory) claimed in the addy today that their failure to pay the fees was an administrative oversight, which is poppycock. You pay the cash and forget about it till next year. It's a harsh penalty but overall the clubs have nobody to blame but themselves.

No they haven't. If they followed their own rules, they would have started not awarding points on November 1 and then clubs would have soon cottoned on and paid the fee and then we wouldn't be in this farcicial mess. But they continued to award points, which is not in the BPCA's own rule. Read the rule again.
They have actually completely ignored their own rule and then decided to enforce it 3 months late!

Shark Attack;319402 said:

im not misquoting one bit shark attack. you yourself did not say this, but another jan juc person said exactly that. either way i can understand all clubs being angry and expect them to fight for those points. and im more than happy to have a beer after the game with anyone from juc.

Let's assume you are not misquoting and "another jan juc person said exactly that". Where did you get the "they" from in, "they blame St albans and ocean grove because it benefits them."
One person doesn't make a "they". I'm from Jan Juc and you're pinning a statement I made by some unknown person to the entire organisation.
Very sloppy crktluva.
Looking forward to that beer after we get all our points back (and another 6 for good measure)

Shark Attack;319523 said:
Let's assume you are not misquoting and "another jan juc person said exactly that". Where did you get the "they" from in, "they blame St albans and ocean grove because it benefits them."
One person doesn't make a "they". I'm from Jan Juc and you're pinning a statement I made by some unknown person to the entire organisation.
Very sloppy crktluva.
Looking forward to that beer after we get all our points back (and another 6 for good measure)

ok, i wont use the term they as it implies a group. an individual is more accurate in this case. just make sure the kids are driving again next week so we dont have to share the beer.:D

tugga1;319447 said:
Barwon Heads aren't blaming anyone. We paid three weeks late and because of 'special' circumstances surrounding it, we believe we have a good chance of fighting this. I won't go into the details surrounding our situation, suffice to say we believe we have a very strong case.
Was heartened to learn that the St Albans pres phoned our pres and leant his full support to the clubs who lost points. That's a bloody good effort by him. That has my full respect.
There are many, many things the BPCA did wrong on this, which I really don't want to go into right now. But basically they should have followed their own rules and not awarded any points to any clubs from November 1 onwards. They needed to enforce the rule at the time, not 3 months down the track.
I think you're on to something here Tugga, 1- they should not have given points to start with and 2-points not awarded until fees are paid, Do they then award them when fees are paid ?
It must also be remembered that this is the league that readily accepted GWSC.

tugga1;319447 said:
It didn't seem to effect your performance on saturday Tugga. I see your A's got 330 odd and C's got over 400. Maybe some of your old timers should step up a level or 2 ?
Is it true Luke Michell is playing D Grade at the Heads ?

yes its me;319566 said:
I think you're on to something here Tugga, 1- they should not have given points to start with and 2-points not awarded until fees are paid, Do they then award them when fees are paid ?

what does accepting have GWSC have to do with it.:confused: if im missing something here please tell me, or are you just merely pointing out that GWSC are a rabble on field.

unless they've improved recently, yes they are a rabble on the field and why they where allowed to enter BPCA is beyond logic

yes its me;319578 said:
unless they've improved recently, yes they are a rabble on the field and why they where allowed to enter BPCA is beyond logic

a lot of what BPCA do is beyond logic, its a very strangely run league thats for sure. all these pyjamas sides wear is one joke that annoys me.

yes its me;319570 said:
It didn't seem to effect your performance on saturday Tugga. I see your A's got 330 odd and C's got over 400. Maybe some of your old timers should step up a level or 2 ?
Is it true Luke Michell is playing D Grade at the Heads ?

The only way Luke can qualify for finals for any grade is to play the rest of the year in D grade but I'm not sure whether that will happen. I can't see it happening to be honest.

yes its me;319566 said:

Yep, a knee-jerk reaction that has flared up and hit them smack in the face. Did they really think that they could do this and it would all blow over smoothly?
A well-run organisation would have sent out a memo a week before November 1 deadline reminding all clubs of their obligation to pay the affiliation fee and that failure to pay would result in no points being awarded after November coinciding with rule 40-6. But no. Instead they send a piece of paper (not even an invoice) with no date on it and no date that payment needed to be made.
A well-organisation would have communicated with the clubs before the November 1 deadline.
But they kept awarding points despite their own rule telling them not to.
Having said that, the clubs must also share the blame for this as well. Hopefully, from now on, clubs will have learned their lesson regardless of whether the points are returned or not.

Back