Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

West Riff Raff;360968 said:
He will be a part of the coaching panel along with a couple of other experince coaches.

Is Gray Barton still seen down there around the club? Last I heard he was curating but not sure anymore. Used to be a pretty good bowler, would be able to pass on plenty of knowledge to the younger blokes.

He has gone by the nickname 'mad dog' if your wondering why I asked who you referring were to in an earlier post.

He will be a part of the coaching panel along with a couple of other experince coaches.

Geez........your sounding more like Eddie Mcguire everyday.......West might be the Collingwood of the comp:D........nah hang on a minute,the big difference is,West can actually win flags from time to time.....:D

Soon you'll be sayin that yous want to be the Manchester United of the WDCA????:eek:

beached as;360981 said:
Is Gray Barton still seen down there around the club? Last I heard he was curating but not sure anymore. Used to be a pretty good bowler, would be able to pass on plenty of knowledge to the younger blokes.

He has gone by the nickname 'mad dog' if your wondering why I asked who you referring were to in an earlier post.

Not sure if hes still there,but when I played with him at West we called him 'Crazy'......very fast bowler,glad I was in the slips & not on strike...would've hate to have faced him when he was in his 20's...:eek:

hussler;360997 said:
Not sure if hes still there,but when I played with him at West we called him 'Crazy'......very fast bowler,glad I was in the slips & not on strike...would've hate to have faced him when he was in his 20's...:eek:

Yeah, Gray got my old man to play with him at West for a few years in the mid to late 90s, I remember watching him at training and he was seriously sharp, must have been in his early 40s around then. If I was there now, Id be trying to get him to help out the younger guys for sure. Knows plenty about bowling.

Willi Comp;358438 said:
Not sure who you are mate, but you mentioned under par fielders in sub district.. the WDCA is going to be an eye opener for you then!! you'll see the mandatory 6 catches a day go down!
Good luck for the season!
its good for the comp that district players are coming to play in it..

oh really district players whoop whoop, they will do as much as any1 else in this comp... ill put money on it that who ever they are wont make over 350 runs or 30+ wickets... every1 knows that district players dont play well in this comp

futurecompchamp;361165 said:
oh really district players whoop whoop, they will do as much as any1 else in this comp... ill put money on it that who ever they are wont make over 350 runs or 30+ wickets... every1 knows that district players dont play well in this comp

A good 2's district player would slaughter this comp!!!!

futurecompchamp;361165 said:

its about time someone spoke some sense on here...

west newport seem to have a lot of young blokes, which is good except alot of those new blokes will play for themself because why would they wanna do the team thing for a club they have no passion for at all, and they are all ahhh how do i put it, rather confident in themselves. they will all be easily sucked in ill put money on that.

john sharpe is another one(coach);)........hahahaha

too many chiefs not enough indians in my opinion........

good fielding team yes thats a key to winning games but there are 2 other aspects of cricket that these boys do well.........my opinion is that lots of clubs for each of the says to me if things dont work out they will head to another 1......like they have in the past........

rohan;361178 said:
its about time someone spoke some sense on here...

west newport seem to have a lot of young blokes, which is good except alot of those new blokes will play for themself because why would they wanna do the team thing for a club they have no passion for at all, and they are all ahhh how do i put it, rather confident in themselves. they will all be easily sucked in ill put money on that.

well said rohan........im with you on that 1.........;)

give it to em.........

weapons05/06;361184 said:
what about a good subbies player in the b-turf..........??:eek:

Yeah Im waitin 4 one to make the move.......:D

weapons05/06;361183 said:
john sharpe is another one(coach);)........hahahaha

too many chiefs not enough indians in my opinion........

good fielding team yes thats a key to winning games but there are 2 other aspects of cricket that these boys do well.........my opinion is that lots of clubs for each of the says to me if things dont work out they will head to another 1......like they have in the past........

You seem to know alot there Weapons, i know Hanni tried to get alot of those blokes in the last few years but didnt work out.

I am told all the boys recruited are all good friends which is good to see.
Young Blokes who don't have the desire to play higher and just want to focus on there Future and play Local Cricket.

Who are the top 4 predictions this year. Digman with Armstrong and Pobega would Start Favourites along with Grand United, Whydhamvale seem confident of making the top 4 but with out any inclusions it could be a tough ask, Having Played against them last year and knowing roughly whos picked up who they are along way out.

Laverton would be a strong contender, Blokes like Shield, Logan Smith n co

Willy Imps?

Alot of talk early which is good,

West Newport are following the Lead of Clubs like Ringwood in the Premier cricket who have won the last 2 district flags with 8-9 blokes under the age of 23, and no State Players.

Time Will Tell

My prediction Colts to take it out

West Riff Raff;360958 said:
Ash Peters Altona last year / Altona North previously.

Amar Singh Taylors Lakes / Sunshine subbies

Will Phillips Carlton last 2 years / Altona North previously

Jordan Robbins West Newport socially last year / Altona North previously

Kappa Sunshine subbies last 2 years / Taylors Lakes & Willy juniors

????? TBC ??????? / Altona North / Footscray.

Ryan Main Warragul

Add the above to the Irving Bros, Josh Bamford, Chicken, Tommy P, Hicky and Benny's 2 boys and we will have a very young side but very talented and i would back us to be the best fielding side in the comp this season and if they click together who knows what might happen.

Matt Shiels?

Bayside Swifts;361407 said:
You seem to know alot there Weapons, i know Hanni tried to get alot of those blokes in the last few years but didnt work out.

I am told all the boys recruited are all good friends which is good to see.
Young Blokes who don't have the desire to play higher and just want to focus on there Future and play Local Cricket.

Who are the top 4 predictions this year. Digman with Armstrong and Pobega would Start Favourites along with Grand United, Whydhamvale seem confident of making the top 4 but with out any inclusions it could be a tough ask, Having Played against them last year and knowing roughly whos picked up who they are along way out.

Laverton would be a strong contender, Blokes like Shield, Logan Smith n co

Willy Imps?

Alot of talk early which is good,

West Newport are following the Lead of Clubs like Ringwood in the Premier cricket who have won the last 2 district flags with 8-9 blokes under the age of 23, and no State Players.

Time Will Tell

My prediction Colts to take it out

mate ask the questions you find the answers.........

lavo looking the goods for mine..........wyndamvale digman and g/u........there's the top 4.......west newport the smokey.......:rolleyes:

West Riff Raff;361536 said:
how are things going at Imps?

Very very good mate. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's good to be in a structured club amongst plenty of numbers. Would have had 25-30 heads at training yesterday. Was somewhat amazed at having 3 or 4 blokes running the show and everyone willingly participating. It has been a while since I've been involved in that.

hussler;360996 said:
Geez........your sounding more like Eddie Mcguire everyday.......West might be the Collingwood of the comp:D........nah hang on a minute,the big difference is,West can actually win flags from time to time.....:D

Soon you'll be sayin that yous want to be the Manchester United of the WDCA????:eek:

Hussler we are only trying to be competitve, clubs that don't try and improve will be left for dead as the comp last year was very weak but will improve this year with the proactive clubs recruiting strongly. You only have to look at the 4 sides that made the finals last year to see that the standard was very poor.

1/ Wyndhamvale Good bowling side ( not great ) / Suss batting line up with to much reliance on their lower order.

2/ G.U Good batting line up / no bowling depth and lacked penatration with the new ball.

3/ Newport Digman Had a balance side but lacked a real match winner could only take 1 wicket in the semi.

4/ Imps Won enough early games to make the finals but hit the finals in poor form losing outright last home and away game and was bowled out for less than a hundred in the semi they lack something??????

unyuns;361540 said:
Very very good mate. Don't take this the wrong way, but it's good to be in a structured club amongst plenty of numbers. Would have had 25-30 heads at training yesterday. Was somewhat amazed at having 3 or 4 blokes running the show and everyone willingly participating. It has been a while since I've been involved in that.

Good stuff i hope you enjoy the season.

beached as;360981 said:

Gray has retired from teaching and lives accross the road from the ground and is our curator. He is a big assets to the club spending many hours working on the wicket and passing on his cricket knowledge. Clubs wouldn't survive without the likes of the Gray Barton's of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back