Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Williamstown and District Cricket Association (WADCA) 09/10

West Riff Raff;362129 said:
You are correct a very costly F%^K up.

But then again if West Newport had batted out their overs they wouldn't have come across that problem! ;)
From what young batsmen have been recruited by West Newport this year then this should rectify the problem, WRR! :p

The Lions Den;362136 said:
But then again if West Newport had batted out their overs they wouldn't have come across that problem! ;)
From what young batsmen have been recruited by West Newport this year then this should rectify the problem, WRR! :p

You are spot on again and yes hopefully we will be able to bat out 80 over this season.

West Riff Raff;362138 said:
You are spot on again and yes hopefully we will be able to bat out 80 over this season.

you make me sick..........:(

West Riff Raff;361571 said:
Does the names Mills & Chugg ring a bell the 2 best bowlers by far to have played in the willy comp over the past 20 years and both could have got a game as batsmen. Check their stats and finals records and i think you might have a different view.

Paul Burns & Jamie Rubelli use to go alright with the bat and John sharp won a Dawes medal.

These five were all regular district first players l think you are getting confused with the difference between quaility district players and guys who have played in the lower grades.

CHUGG isnt going anywhere, so dont know where you get your theories from!
GUCC will have the best bowling attack seen in the comp in years, FREW, CHUGG, BATMAN and 2 overseas speedsters, one from Sri lanka and one from West Indies! Not to mention a junior leggie impossible to read!

thegeneral1965;362427 said:
GUCC will have the best bowling attack seen in the comp in years, FREW, CHUGG, BATMAN and 2 overseas speedsters, one from Sri lanka and one from West Indies! Not to mention a junior leggie impossible to read!

i dont think WRR indicated chuggy was going anywhere.. he was saying what a great player he has been who came back from district!

I heard about the west indian! same one who opened bowl at Frankston Peninisula 2 years ago.. handy pick up!
Sri Lankan?
Good news to chuggy is back!

thegeneral1965;362427 said:

batman.........meduim pace but a handy 1........

what about in the batting department.......any recruits??

ive got some word on willy colts recruits..........

any 1 here from there and care to elaborate who they have got from williamstown......?

bayside swifts???

Willi Comp;362449 said:
i dont think WRR indicated chuggy was going anywhere.. he was saying what a great player he has been who came back from district!

I heard about the west indian! same one who opened bowl at Frankston Peninisula 2 years ago.. handy pick up!
Sri Lankan?

Im 100% sure willi comp, you have that same statement saved on your computer and you use it at the start of every season???

as for west riff raff. go back and check the stats for that game mate. your two youngsters bowled half the day for 3 wickets between them. one of our young blokes who 'got the wind up him' made 50 opening and the other notable run scorer was Logan, just what was needed at the time. old wise head to get us over the line.
there may have been 3 points between us, but have a look how we went against the top teams. they werent worried about playing your line up ill give you the mail. we are happy with how we are travelling now just like yourselves, only time will tell though....

Willi Comp;362449 said:

Sri Lankan?

That West Indian(Son of Dave Grenville) also played in your 2's 3 years ago,I'm sure he will be better for the experiance.....;)

hussler;362877 said:
That West Indian(Son of Dave Grenville) also played in your 2's 3 years ago,I'm sure he will be better for the experiance.....;)

Romain his name is, played juniors against him a couple of season's back. good cricketer. Man of the Match the B turf granny a couple of years back from memory.

rohan;362860 said:
Im 100% sure willi comp, you have that same statement saved on your computer and you use it at the start of every season???

as for west riff raff. go back and check the stats for that game mate. your two youngsters bowled half the day for 3 wickets between them. one of our young blokes who 'got the wind up him' made 50 opening and the other notable run scorer was Logan, just what was needed at the time. old wise head to get us over the line.
there may have been 3 points between us, but have a look how we went against the top teams. they werent worried about playing your line up ill give you the mail. we are happy with how we are travelling now just like yourselves, only time will tell though....

very nice pick up matt shiell to west newport

Does anyone no if ana are in the 1st , or is there a bye , 4 weeks to new year who is everyones top 4

barryhall;363223 said:
Does anyone no if ana are in the 1st , or is there a bye , 4 weeks to new year who is everyones top 4

Welcome back l hear you are training well. I hear Kane and Welshy are back training which will hold you guys in good stead for this season with the recruits you have picked up. ANA have been replaced by Pt Cook in the A Turf. ANA will play B Turf section 1 along with Deer PK, Old Wesbourne, Willy Congs, Newport Digman, Laverton, Colts & W'Vale. B Turf has been split into 2 sections the second section will comprise of the following.

Imps
West Newport
Gellibrand
Grand United
Hoppers Club
Pt Cook
Laverton ( 3rds )
Colts ( 3rds )

West Riff Raff;363227 said:
Welcome back l hear you are training well. I hear Kane and Welshy are back training which will hold you guys in good stead for this season with the recruits you have picked up. ANA have been replaced by Pt Cook in the A Turf. ANA will play B Turf section 1 along with Deer PK, Old Wesbourne, Willy Congs, Newport Digman, Laverton, Colts & W'Vale. B Turf has been split into 2 sections the second section will comprise of the following.

Imps
West Newport
Gellibrand
Grand United
Hoppers Club
Pt Cook
Laverton ( 3rds )
Colts ( 3rds )

yeh made a effort gotta lose a few kegs some how
looks like u blokes got a good draw , and we got ripped off

barryhall;363229 said:
yeh made a effort gotta lose a few kegs some how
looks like u blokes got a good draw , and we got ripped off

I wouldn't say that the way it is set up is B1 is the stronger comp with all games on turf. B2 will have Pt Cook & Colts playing on hard wickets. I believe their will be a promotion / relegation system in place so the top 1 or 2 sides from B2 will go up and the bottom 1 or 2 sides from B1 will go down. Hopefully a couple of clubs out of Deer Pk, ANA, Congs or Old Wesbourne will go into A Turf to make it a 12 side comp in the next year or so then the B Turf could comprise of the same teams as the A Turf.

West Riff Raff;363233 said:
I wouldn't say that the way it is set up is B1 is the stronger comp with all games on turf. B2 will have Pt Cook & Colts playing on hard wickets. I believe their will be a promotion / relegation system in place so the top 1 or 2 sides from B2 will go up and the bottom 1 or 2 sides from B1 will go down. Hopefully a couple of clubs out of Deer Pk, ANA, Congs or Old Wesbourne will go into A Turf to make it a 12 side comp in the next year or so then the B Turf could comprise of the same teams as the A Turf.

gongs
d/park
ana
pt cook
old west

all these teams should make there own grade , churches had the same numbers in A turf last year didnt they , agree all clubs should have A and B turf

barryhall;363254 said:
gongs
d/park
ana
pt cook
old west

all these teams should make there own grade , churches had the same numbers in A turf last year didnt they , agree all clubs should have A and B turf

agree

West Riff Raff;363233 said:

thats what we are looking at knackers.........

we(d/p) will field 3 teams this season and looking at 4 next season with alot of new jnrs comming to the club this year.......definately 1 u/15 side hopefully 2 and definately an u/17 team will keep the kids comming through the snrs for years to come........

once this happens and a couple of decent recruits definately looking to push for a-turf........

im quite happy with the way b-turf is structured.......

least all the riff raff will play amungst themselves.........

weapons05/06;363320 said:
thats what we are looking at knackers.........

we(d/p) will field 3 teams this season and looking at 4 next season with alot of new jnrs comming to the club this year.......definately 1 u/15 side hopefully 2 and definately an u/17 team will keep the kids comming through the snrs for years to come........

once this happens and a couple of decent recruits definately looking to push for a-turf........

im quite happy with the way b-turf is structured.......

least all the riff raff will play amungst themselves.........

Agree we should call the B Turf section 1 the riff raff section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back