DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

of
d of man;378169 said:
you all should stop crying about eppings pitch overs and Ep and maybe work it out that the grass is always long and they have the best bowling attack in the comp plus the ground is big and not a small shit hole like everybody else

obviously epping cant bat either at home, what a boring game that would have been LS 98 of 61 overs and EP 80 of 57 overs, that will bring the crowds back to cricket

wrongun;378983 said:
of

obviously epping cant bat either at home, what a boring game that would have been LS 98 of 61 overs and EP 80 of 57 overs, that will bring the crowds back to cricket

obviously you did not play in this game because it was far from a boring game

wrongun;378983 said:
of

obviously epping cant bat either at home, what a boring game that would have been ls 98 of 61 overs and ep 80 of 57 overs, that will bring the crowds back to cricket

obviously u know nothing about cricket and r one of these morons that love small grounds were any one can make runs it was a good game

BARCLAY SHIELD LADDER AFTER ROUND 6

30 1.5042 Plenty - Riv(A)/ NEW(H)/ Res(A)/ Mac(H)/LS(A)
30 1.3532 Bundoora- Epp(A)/ LE(H)/ Riv(A)/ Res(H)/ EL(A)
24 1.3681 Diam/Creek- Mer(A)/ Epp(A)/ LE(H)/ Riv(H)/ Res(H)
24 1.3563 Riverside- Pty(A)/ Mer(H)/ Bun(H)/ DC(A)/ NEW(H)
24 1.2690 Macleod- LE(H)/ Res(A)/ Mer(H)/ Pty(A)/ Epp(H)
22 1.3775 Epping- Bun(A)/ DC(H)/ EL(A)/ NEW(H)/ Mac(A)
22 1.1810 Mernda- DC(A)/ Riv(H)/ Mac(A)/ LS(H)/ LE(A)
18 0.8075 Lalor Stars- Res(H)/ EL(H)/ NEW(H)/ Mer(A)/ Pty(H
15 0.8412 Research- LS(A)/ Mac(H)/ Pty(H)/ Bun(A)/ DC(A)
6 0.8198 Lower Eltham- Mac(A)/ Bun(A)/ DC(A)/ EL(H)/ Mer(H)
6 0.5364 Eltham- NEW(H)/ LS(A)/ Epp(H)/ LE(A)/ Bun(H)
3 0.5109 North Eltham Wanderers- EL/ Pty/ LS/ Epp/ Riv(All A)

duck man;379199 said:
obviously u know nothing about cricket and r one of these morons that love small grounds were any one can make runs it was a good game

Alright given the closeness in the scores it i'll retract the boring bit, I dont mind the size of the eppings ground but 1.5 runs per over, was it the pitch ? assume the outfiled would have been slow (extremely) or just 2 sides that cant bat ?

wrongun;379262 said:
Alright given the closeness in the scores it i'll retract the boring bit, I dont mind the size of the eppings ground but 1.5 runs per over, was it the pitch ? assume the outfiled would have been slow (extremely) or just 2 sides that cant bat ?

Both teams batted poorly. In the Stars defence, they have made 300 three times this season. From all reports the pitch was a mine field and possibly the slowest outfield around. Epping did falter but two youngsters stood up and
made it very hard for Lalor. Some good signs for Epping looking to the future.

cold case;379267 said:
Both teams batted poorly. In the Stars defence, they have made 300 three times this season. From all reports the pitch was a mine field and possibly the slowest outfield around. Epping did falter but two youngsters stood up and
made it very hard for Lalor. Some good signs for Epping looking to the future.

May support some of the earlier comments about the pitch at epping, imagine the damage you could have done, makes the bowling figures look good

wrongun;379369 said:
May support some of the earlier comments about the pitch at epping, imagine the damage you could have done, makes the bowling figures look good

I reckon these type pitches are more suitable to the military medium pacers that swing it a bit. Alex Jesensek is nothing more than a slow trundler and he was unplayable, whereas Jamie Scott who scoots it through a bit, was straight on to the bat?

20/20 Cricket is comming to kinglake December 13th to raise money for the surrounding bushfire effected areas as advertised on ABC and SEN radio.teams participating will be kinglake, marysville, flowerdale, strathuwen and yarra glen.Day starts at 830 until 6 with lots of entertainment, music and give aways, signed cric...ket gear from the Australian test side and a chance to win a meet and great session with the australian players after there morning warm up session on boxing day.bacon and egg rolls in the morning to BBQ at lunch with full open bar!looking to get a massive crowd with special guest apperances.
Come up for the Day to Support and Enjoy some Country 20/20 Cricket.

wrongun;379262 said:

Was not there but if you look at the recent scores at Epping and I have played on it it is the pitch. It was so bad last game (in BR) that the Umpire actually considered calling off the game due to it being dangerous to the batsman, seriously. In that game Lower Eltham Made 89 and 111 and Epping missed the outright on the LAST ball of the day (and at around 7pm) having made 112 and 5/87.

The very next game (last week) Epping made 8/321 and Lower Eltham made 7/374 both with pretty much the same sides and at different venues.

I would suggest that the Epping pitch is a tad dodgy, hell even Epping blokes admit that and one mentioned that their juniors are struggling to learn to bat on match day due to the pitch.

It sounds like the Epping pitch is pretty much like the old pitch the Camrea Taipans had at Main street oval. The council and the pitch layers watched training one night and did various tests and eventually it was agreed that the pitch had to go. On many occassions good length balls would bounce a lot higher than they should and it was dangerous. New pitch is fine.

CowCorner;379448 said:
Was not there but if you look at the recent scores at Epping and I have played on it it is the pitch. It was so bad last game (in BR) that the Umpire actually considered calling off the game due to it being dangerous to the batsman, seriously. In that game Lower Eltham Made 89 and 111 and Epping missed the outright on the LAST ball of the day (and at around 7pm) having made 112 and 5/87.

The very next game (last week) Epping made 8/321 and Lower Eltham made 7/374 both with pretty much the same sides and at different venues.

I would suggest that the Epping pitch is a tad dodgy, hell even Epping blokes admit that and one mentioned that their juniors are struggling to learn to bat on match day due to the pitch.

Bout time someone in charge starts to embrace these issues bout pitches!

CowCorner;379448 said:

Yeah, the pitch is a bit dodgy... everytime I've played there (juniors and seniors) the pitch has played tricks.

Last year we played Mill Park there in the Money Reserve Grand Final, and we got rolled for 77. However, this was after we made 5/389 when we played them in Rnd. 9 at an equally large ground with two almost identical teams.

Yeah, the pressure of a Grand Final can make teams play different to normal... but not to the tune of 312-runs. (Not taking anything away from Mill Park though, they used the pitch and conditions well when they bowled)

Good to see research get another win, definetly proving many people wrong and showing you can win games of cricket with different tactics!

Searcher1;379827 said:
Good to see research get another win, definetly proving many people wrong and showing you can win games of cricket with different tactics!

Good win mate, but come on champ you have won 2 games! I wouldn't be pumping you guys up just yet!

Tongs;380003 said:
Good win mate, but come on champ you have won 2 games! I wouldn't be pumping you guys up just yet!

To win last week with a side that had five players missing from an already depleted club is a fair effort. Anyway, it puts a bit of space ie: 2 games and a little bit of percentage away from relegation. Still work to be done and although we have some tough games, hopefully will sneak another couple of wins. Big game this weeks Tongs between Eltham and Nth Eltham? Would not surprise me to see Nth get up, which would make things interesting!

brutal;380011 said:
To win last week with a side that had five players missing from an already depleted club is a fair effort. Anyway, it puts a bit of space ie: 2 games and a little bit of percentage away from relegation. Still work to be done and although we have some tough games, hopefully will sneak another couple of wins. Big game this weeks Tongs between Eltham and Nth Eltham? Would not surprise me to see Nth get up, which would make things interesting!

Massive game, a must win for the boys! If we drop this game we are going to have a real battle on our hands!

I can't not say that we will win. But I would say that Eltham would get up just on experience at this stage!

In saying that, Eltham have 15 players unavailable this week, 8 from A and B grade! So we all have players missing, and we will NOT be using that as an excuse! Hopefully we can get up like the search!

Given the amount of mouthing off Tongs has done to NEW posters, he'd certainly want to be on the winning side of things this round.

Tongs;380003 said:

Not pumping us up at all, to get 1 win was a suprise so to get 2 is very pleasing and hopefully a couple more shocks to come!

Hoggy;380086 said:
Given the amount of mouthing off Tongs has done to NEW posters, he'd certainly want to be on the winning side of things this round.

I haven't mouthed off at any senior players, just the 12 year olds on here telling us all how good they are.

I would have thought you would want to win aswell seeing as though you are an Eltham player. Remember Hoggy, cricket is a team game! Its not all about your bowling average!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back