DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

CowCorner;326757 said:
The boys in MS have given me odds for the comp medal for vBookie, due to the stats being hidden on the site what I am after is some help, can a few of you guys pm me with your thought....a top ten or 15 will do.

If I don't get any I will be unable o open a thread for the medal.

Cheers

CC
Mod

As an interested spectator from the Grandstands of the Valley I believe the medal will come down to about 8 real chances. In order to assist CC I put forward the following.

Minney $ 1.45 (600+ @77)
Gibbs $ 1.90 (460+runs & 28 wickets@12)
Witcher $ 3.00 (500+ runs @65)
Baker $ 4.50 (36 wickets@12)
P.Hurst $ 6.00 (25 wickets@18)
Salvatore $ 6.50 (29 wickets@13)
Fletcher $ 10.00 (350+runs @52)
Keays $ 15.00 (27 wickets@18)

And it all comes down to this for a few team!

Only one real spot can change in the four but even more importantly, the one at the bottom of the table can, here are my thoughts for the week:

Epping vs Lower Eltham:
Lower Eltham
Why? I'm not 100% sure, but I just think they will get up in what I am calling the GF preview. These two will almost certainly play off for the big one in a few weeks but I reckon Salvatore will do the job with the ball for his side and Lower will have too deep a batting line up not to haul in Epping's total or set a big one, despite Epping having clearly the best bowling line up in the Valley. Would love to be there to watch it, can you imagine: Hurst, Hurst, McTaggart and Claudio vs Whitcher, Poyser, Gunn and Curtis. Fantastic!
Watch Out For?: A good hard game of cricket in which both sides will be looking to indent some doubt into the opposition before a possible meeting later on in the season.

Macleod vs Stars:
Stars
Why? Made a meal of the in form side Riverside last week and Macleod are nowhere near that. Add the fact that if they win they are guaranteed a final spot unless Plenty can beat 2nd placed Mernda outright and you come with the conclusion that the Stars should be well and truly on top of thier game for this one. I can't see any of Macleod's bats being able to withstand Keays save for Waddingham maybe, and I can't see Macleod taking 10 wickets for under 250.
Watch Out For?: A quickfire massive Volpe innings.

Eltham vs Lower Plenty:
Eltham
Why? Because they will wan't to win more than Lower who have been the bigget disappointment in cricket this year. No offense, but, it's true. No one at Lower is good enough with the ball to get the master out and he will make another big one and ensure that his team either wins or avoids relegation. Feel sorry for Zerafa who is that good a bat he deserves some mates who help him, maybe this is the time to show it guys?
Watch Out For? Minney and Zerafa hundreds and bye bye Lower.

Mernda vs Plenty:
Plenty
Why? Need to win at least first innings to be any chance and would be disappointed with their effort last week when they also needed to win. Baker and Chesterton will be they keys for Mernda but I reckon Plenty's Hubber and Rosbrook will do most of the damage to a suspect Mernda batting outfit. If Plenty can bowl first then who knows what will happen as if you were looking for an outright there is probbly no better place than up at Mernda. Plenty will win purely because their batting will hold up better.
Watch Out For? A lot of wickets falling to 4 very, very good bowlers.

Research vs Bundoora:
Research
Why? Up at home they will make to many for Bundoora who would be still disappointed with last weeks effort. Between Ross, Turner and Malone one of them will get a hundred and post too many for Bundoora on the batter friendly deck and ground. Both teams would probably be disappointed with their years, especially the Bulls who tatsed finals last year.
Watch Out For? Some big scores.

Riverside vs Creek:
Riverside
Why? Despite hiccup last week that cost them their season they will bounce back against the second most disappointing side this year, Creek. They were excellent at times last year Creek and would have set their sights on the final four at the start of the year as would Riverside. Both teams have some big nams who are still very very good players and would hate to lose the final match. Gibbsy and Hansen have had fantastic years, congratulations to both.
Watch Out For? A Gibbs hundred to get 3 much needed votes to try and catch Minney.

Feel free to leave your own thoughts this week, it gets boring reading your own posts all of the time, someone give me a chop out.

Proposal currently under consideration for Greensborough CC to join the DVCA from next season. They will be starting in Money Shield which will create a bye unless either a club drops off or they find another one to join.

Will be voted on at a Special General Meeting in the near future.

Thoughts?

Bubble Wrap;326969 said:
Proposal currently under consideration for Greensborough CC to join the DVCA from next season. They will be starting in Money Shield which will create a bye unless either a club drops off or they find another one to join.

Will be voted on at a Special General Meeting in the near future.

Thoughts?
Being from the HDCA it would be a significant loss for the competition in regards to the number of teams they have however, they haven't had any great success of late and won't even make the finals in A grade this season! This being the case i would suggest that maybe Money Shield is a bit high for them???

serg fernandez;321567 said:
So with 2 rounds left, who's going to go down to Money. Eltham or Lower Plenty ? Would prefer Lower Plently to get demoted purely on the fact that Elthams ground is better. On the Flip side, St Francis to come up would be a nightmare given their ground is shyte. Any chance Collegians can get up and win the flag in Money ??

Thoughts

Mate if we end up in barclay and your already worried about our ground then don't even show up, its park cricket mate and we make the most of what we got dealt with for a ground, so stop your sooking about playing on our ground, chances are, if we do get up, you may only have to play on it for 2 weeks of the year, we are there all year long. Its just bad luck for us that we don't get money pumped into our club from council's and massive sponsors, we deal with what we got, so just worry about yourself and your own club.

TheUtility;327505 said:
Mate if we end up in barclay and your already worried about our ground then don't eeven show up, its park cricket mate and we make the most of what we got dealt with for a ground, so stop your sooking about playing on our ground, chances are, if we do get up, you may only have to play on it for 2 weeks of the year, we are there all year long. Its just bad luck for us that we don't get money pumped into our club from councel's and massive sposors, we deal with what we got, so just worry about yourself and your own club.

If your ground is anything like your spelling or grammar then no one will be allowed to play on it anyway.

For all that it matters, I hope the Franks do come up next year, would love to play against a few of them.

Should I take it this post is in jest????

Fezz;326982 said:
Being from the HDCA it would be a significant loss for the competition in regards to the number of teams they have however, they haven't had any great success of late and won't even make the finals in A grade this season! This being the case i would suggest that maybe Money Shield is a bit high for them???

serg fernandez;321567 said:
So with 2 rounds left, who's going to go down to Money. Eltham or Lower Plenty ? Would prefer Lower Plently to get demoted purely on the fact that Elthams ground is better. On the Flip side, St Francis to come up would be a nightmare given their ground is shyte. Any chance Collegians can get up and win the flag in Money ??

Thoughts

Mate if we end up in barclay and your already worried about our ground then don't even show up, its park cricket mate and we make the most of what we got dealt with for a ground, so stop your sooking about playing on our ground, chances are, if we do get up, you may only have to play on it for 2 weeks of the year, we are there all year long. Its just bad luck for us that we don't get money pumped into our club from council's and massive sponsors, we deal with what we got, so just worry about yourself and your own club.

You made it sound as though they would not have won it without all your effort, and that it was great when "we" won those flags. You won it by spending more on players than most people spend on cars.

TheUtility;327505 said:
Mate if we end up in barclay and your already worried about our ground then don't eeven show up, its park cricket mate and we make the most of what we got dealt with for a ground, so stop your sooking about playing on our ground, chances are, if we do get up, you may only have to play on it for 2 weeks of the year, we are there all year long. Its just bad luck for us that we don't get money pumped into our club from councel's and massive sposors, we deal with what we got, so just worry about yourself and your own club.

If your ground is anything like your spelling or grammar then no one will be allowed to play on it anyway.

For all that it matters, I hope the Franks do come up next year, would love to play against a few of them.

TheUtility;327505 said:

Got any spare tissues!

Should I take it this post is in jest????

Fezz;326982 said:

I would like to congratulate both Bundoora Cricket & Watsonia Football Clubs on their 20/20 match last night. It was a great night, well ran and made some good cash for the bushfire captains. I sampled the fine Bundoora pots numerous times, just to make sure they were still pretty good.

Great final round coming up with some Cracking games. Epping v Lower Eltham could be the grand final preview and the winner will take a psychlogical advantage for a possible future meeting later on in the year. Mernda v Plenty will be a huge game. Plenty must win to have any chance of making the four and Mernda can still finish on top results, pending results. Macleod v Lalor Stars looks like a pretty average game on paper, but it's huge in the context of the four. And finally, the relegation game between Eltham v Lower Plenty. I think the panther will be safe, but it would of been very interesting if Bundoora got up last week. Until next time, everyone good luck for the weekend and i'll see you all at the finals

PremiersAgain;327046 said:
what for???? it wasnt just 11 blokes that partied after all those wins.

Congratulations, did you feel part of the team??? Surely you are kidding, are you some sort of groupy? Just be happy that you are an ok 3rds cricketer and leave it at that....

You made it sound as though they would not have won it without all your effort, and that it was great when "we" won those flags. You won it by spending more on players than most people spend on cars.

beacuse your contribution towards those victories were the equivalant of Robins towards Batman's crimefighting- F**k All

TheUtility;327505 said:

Got any spare tissues!

Grandstand;326894 said:
As an interested spectator from the Grandstands of the Valley I believe the medal will come down to about 8 real chances. In order to assist CC I put forward the following.

Minney $ 1.45 (600+ @77)

Can i still get $1.45?

I would like to congratulate both Bundoora Cricket & Watsonia Football Clubs on their 20/20 match last night. It was a great night, well ran and made some good cash for the bushfire captains. I sampled the fine Bundoora pots numerous times, just to make sure they were still pretty good.

Great final round coming up with some Cracking games. Epping v Lower Eltham could be the grand final preview and the winner will take a psychlogical advantage for a possible future meeting later on in the year. Mernda v Plenty will be a huge game. Plenty must win to have any chance of making the four and Mernda can still finish on top results, pending results. Macleod v Lalor Stars looks like a pretty average game on paper, but it's huge in the context of the four. And finally, the relegation game between Eltham v Lower Plenty. I think the panther will be safe, but it would of been very interesting if Bundoora got up last week. Until next time, everyone good luck for the weekend and i'll see you all at the finals

I'll but my $19,000 on skips to win. Can anyone really get near him? If he doesn't win there is something amazing wrong!

Congratulations, did you feel part of the team??? Surely you are kidding, are you some sort of groupy? Just be happy that you are an ok 3rds cricketer and leave it at that....

Tongs;328350 said:
I'll but my $19,000 on skips to win. Can anyone really get near him? If he doesn't win there is something amazing wrong!

Without looking at the scores, the only thing stopping him will be the number of games Eltham has lost. For every ton he has made, there may have been someone on the winning team that either made a ton or got a big bag of wickets. It might be that he gets a lot of 2 votes behind the best player on the winning team?

I think he'll win and deservedly so, but I'm not as confident as some of you blokes.

beacuse your contribution towards those victories were the equivalant of Robins towards Batman's crimefighting- F**k All

Bubble Wrap;328353 said:
Without looking at the scores, the only thing stopping him will be the number of games Eltham has lost. For every ton he has made, there may have been someone on the winning team that either made a ton or got a big bag of wickets. It might be that he gets a lot of 2 votes behind the best player on the winning team?

I think he'll win and deservedly so, but I'm not as confident as some of you blokes.

Will get 5 best on's without a doubt in the world!

Grandstand;326894 said:

Minney $ 1.45 (600+ @77)

Can i still get $1.45?

OK, went through the results and did some analysis:

Skips has 15 - 17 votes by my calculations. There are two contentious games.

Rd 3 versus Research, Skips got 122 but Shannon Malone got 6/68 and was in the winning team, so not sure which way the umpires would vote there.

Rd 11 versus Lower Plenty, Skips in the box seat for 3 votes, but if Lower Plenty get up and someone from their team gets a ton, then he may only get two. Scott Barnett also in the mix for the 3 votes with his 5 wickets, especially if he chips in with a few runs as well.

Went through the same thing for Gibbo:

Has 12 - 15 votes at this stage. Contentious games:

Rd 1 versus Macleod - we lost but Gibbo took 6/41 and made 35, Waddingham got 91 but was on the winning team.

Rd 3 versus Epping. We got smashed, Lever gets the three for his 128, Gibbo got 5/63 but is competing for the two votes with Sammy McTaggart 56 and Corey Hurst 4/29.

Rd 5 versus Eltham. We made 5/360 - Simon and Elliot get 3 and 2 votes for their hundreds, Gibbo was 3rd top scorer with 34, but Dan Hoyne got 30 opening, so he may get the 1 vote ahead of Gibbo. Also, do they even award votes for a half-played match?

Rd 11 versus Creek. Chasing 316, if we get them and Gibbo gets a big score, then he'd be in the mix for the 3 votes with Dale Tassone.

On the above basis, I'd say Skips has it unless Gibbo can get a big hundred against Creek.

(There may be others in the mix but I have work to do! Feel free to look at the other contenders and have a crack at their votes...)

Tongs;328350 said:

Bubble Wrap;328353 said:

Will get 5 best on's without a doubt in the world!

Bundoora;328380 said:
i didn't think you played a game this season:D

HAHA not bad for you Brad. I was making reference to the best keeper as quoted by Bubblewrap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back