DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

The430king;335973 said:
I wouldn't read too much into it. They told us about they had a few out last week and they all played.

C'mon Jimmy are you saying we are playing ducks and drakes.Won't matter anyway Mernda will beat Lalor outright by tea on the sunday.

tongs;334944 said:
not to mention the keays v snowy showdown. Between them they have managed to play at, rape and pillage what 20 of the 30 clubs in the diamond valley? Only joking, they have both been good/great players in the dvca for a number of years.

(before i get bagged, these are not the exact figures)

who is snowy

mernda would have to be the worst batting team in the comp, and lalor would have to be one of the best so i doubt they are all goin to fail againts the one man team of BAKER

cold case;335782 said:
No visa problem just a few behind the scene things to sort out.
He made 55 but should have been out 3 times anyway.Dont think he would pose too many problems for Chesterton and Baker anyway.My tip is the Sri Lankan who was dropped last week or Mckay if Jamshed doesnt play.My guess is unchanged team though.
Marshall kept pretty ordinary.Maybe S.Cini who keeps in the 2's made 65 last week in the reserves semi?

no offence to the bloke but if he played in a barclay shield match, let alone a grand final then gee wizz our comp is in very big strife. i have never seen a bloke bat so technically incorrect and have so much luck. was dropped before scoring last weekend aswell. however good luck to him and lalor as they are in the big one and we are not. mind you if we weren't on the recieving end of his innings it would have been awsome to watch.

fisher;335988 said:
mernda would have to be the worst batting team in the comp, and lalor would have to be one of the best so i doubt they are all goin to fail againts the one man team of BAKER

Nah you're right, the bloke who bowls from the other end is POO!

cold case;335975 said:
C'mon Jimmy are you saying we are playing ducks and drakes.Won't matter anyway Mernda will beat Lalor outright by tea on the sunday.

Read it however you want, we heard these outs last week and when i walked into the ground on Saturday, low and behold, their out there fielding. You sucked me in and i'm not falling for it again. I reckon Jamshed will play, and i'll keep thinking his playing until I don't see him out there on the weekend. Outright on the Sunday you reckon, is that next Sunday because there won't be any play on Saturday.

tongs;334944 said:
not to mention the keays v snowy showdown. Between them they have managed to play at, rape and pillage what 20 of the 30 clubs in the diamond valley? Only joking, they have both been good/great players in the dvca for a number of years.

(before i get bagged, these are not the exact figures)

who is snowy

cold case;335782 said:
.Maybe S.Cini who keeps in the 2's made 65 last week in the reserves semi?

An ex - Mernda legend and Capt\Coach, premiership player and all round LOOSE canon, if opens the batting.... LOOK OUT.....OUTRIGHT BY TEA.....:rolleyes:

fisher;335988 said:

Nah you're right, the bloke who bowls from the other end is POO!

Last time Keaysy bowled to Snowy in a grand final, Snowy smashed him all over the park! The game was called off very early!! a wet ball was to blame??? is there water in that creek near Elthams ground?

cold case;335782 said:
.Maybe S.Cini who keeps in the 2's made 65 last week in the reserves semi?

An ex - Mernda legend and Capt\Coach, premiership player and all round LOOSE canon, if opens the batting.... LOOK OUT.....OUTRIGHT BY TEA.....:rolleyes:

The430king;336719 said:
Turn it up pal.
What do you mean turn it up big fella. Do you honestly like traveling west of Plenty Rd for your cricket. I'm no demon but for this one i've grown horns, there is no way in hell I want that shield in the west for 2 years running. Do you think they even know who the bloke is that the shield is named after? I'm guessing not.

Last time Keaysy bowled to Snowy in a grand final, Snowy smashed him all over the park! The game was called off very early!! a wet ball was to blame??? is there water in that creek near Elthams ground?

THE ICEMAN;336728 said:
What do you mean turn it up big fella. Do you honestly like traveling west of Plenty Rd for your cricket. I'm no demon but for this one i've grown horns, there is no way in hell I want that shield in the west for 2 years running. Do you think they even know who the bloke is that the shield is named after? I'm guessing not.

Do you even think Big Jim could spell Barclay if it wasn't at the top of this thread? I'm guessing not. :)

Interesting that those little pi$$ants from that 2nd rate comp, who have pumped up their side up all year haven't come on here to tell us how good they are, and that they will be in BS next year.

4 for 25? Come back and post on this thread when you have a spine!

Tongs;336811 said:
Do you even think Big Jim could spell Barclay if it wasn't at the top of this thread? I'm guessing not. :)
Very true Dave but the big fella has been around longer than both the clubs playing off and im sure he would know the history.

The430king;336719 said:
Turn it up pal.

Tongs;336814 said:
Interesting that those little pi$$ants from that 2nd rate comp, who have pumped up their side up all year haven't come on here to tell us how good they are, and that they will be in BS next year.

Oh no muppet alert, look who is still in MONEY next year. Leave us alone..............

THE ICEMAN;336728 said:

THE ICEMAN;336840 said:
Very true Dave but the big fella has been around longer than both the clubs playing off and im sure he would know the history.

You're probably a bloke that thinks the AFL should return to the 'good old days' of the VFL too.

Grow up you clown, I'm glad two 'new' clubs are playing for the shield and I hope Mernda win it just to stick it right up you and everyone else that doesn't think they belong is this comp. Let it go mate, time to move on.

If any more than 3 or 4 of the original DV sides were any good, you wouldn't need to worry about where the shield was going. But they're too busy trying not to be relegated to worry about winning flags.

Tongs;336814 said:

A little too early to be jumping on NEW's grave just yet isn't it? Still a lot of cricket to go, and while 6/120-odd isn't great, it is still runs on the board. If our boys can push the score up towards or over 200 tomorrow, we'll be every chance of defending it given the pressure that goes with chasing runs in a grand final.

And I should point out that it isn't our senior players boasting on the BS thread, it is a couple of over-excitable kids who haven't got a clue on how much our club would need to improve to just be competitive if it were to reach Barclay Shield next year.

Tongs;336811 said:

captain cuzz;336845 said:
You're probably a bloke that thinks the AFL should return to the 'good old days' of the VFL too.

Grow up you clown, I'm glad two 'new' clubs are playing for the shield and I hope Mernda win it just to stick it right up you and everyone else that doesn't think they belong is this comp. Let it go mate, time to move on.

If any more than 3 or 4 of the original DV sides were any good, you wouldn't need to worry about where the shield was going. But they're too busy trying not to be relegated to worry about winning flags.
Switch on champ. Are you serious, have you not read my past posts? I have no problem in the world world with Mernda being in the comp. As far as i'm concerned they are on the east side of Plenty Rd and are more than happy to travel there. As far as the Stars not happy at all that they are a part of the DV, that is just my opinion and an opinion that would be backed up by alot of people. The DV is the DV and that is the way it should have been left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tongs;336814 said:

Oh no muppet alert, look who is still in MONEY next year. Leave us alone..............

THE ICEMAN;336850 said:
Switch on champ. Are you serious, have you not read my past posts? I have no problem in the world world with Mernda being in the comp. As far as i'm concerned they are on the east side of Plenty Rd and are more than happy to travel there. As far as the Stars not happy at all that they are a part of the DV, that is just my opinion and an opinion that would be backed up by alot of people. The DV is the DV and that is the way it should have been left!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll give you Mernda being that side of Plenty Rd, albeit by about 50m, but your point about leaving the DV as the DV is a bit redundant with Mernda originally being a JIKA club, along with Epping and Lalor. Not being a smart arse or anything, but I'd love to know your opinion of Bundoora CC? Seeing as though they're actually ON Plenty Rd. And if the council back in the day had put them where the shopping centre is, would your view be different?

I know it's only your opinion, but the comp is far better off with these clubs in it. Their success should only fuel the original club's fire for knocking them off and getting back to where they all seem to think belong (at the top).

How poor would the comp be if you took clubs whose location didn't fall inside the boundary of The Valley!? All we hear about is how inferior the Money Shield comp is, yet without the 3 clubs mentioned above you'd have to play 3 sides from Money that simply aren't good enough for Barclay every year.

The opinion that any club that's not located in the DV can't play in it's comp is a very narrow minded one. In my opinion.

THE ICEMAN;336840 said:

captain cuzz;336852 said:
I'll give you Mernda being that side of Plenty Rd, albeit by about 50m, but your point about leaving the DV as the DV is a bit redundant with Mernda originally being a JIKA club, along with Epping and Lalor. Not being a smart arse or anything, but I'd love to know your opinion of Bundoora CC? Seeing as though they're actually ON Plenty Rd. And if the council back in the day had put them where the shopping centre is, would your view be different?

I know it's only your opinion, but the comp is far better off with these clubs in it. Their success should only fuel the original club's fire for knocking them off and getting back to where they all seem to think belong (at the top).

How poor would the comp be if you took clubs whose location didn't fall inside the boundary of The Valley!? All we hear about is how inferior the Money Shield comp is, yet without the 3 clubs mentioned above you'd have to play 3 sides from Money that simply aren't good enough for Barclay every year.

The opinion that any club that's not located in the DV can't play in it's comp is a very narrow minded one. In my opinion.
What if nothing Bundoora dosn't come into it they have been there since day dot and like you say they are on the right side of Plenty Rdf anyway. Once you start head west of that where do you draw the line? I will tell you one thing I won't miss going to play over there next year.

Tongs;336814 said:

A little too early to be jumping on NEW's grave just yet isn't it? Still a lot of cricket to go, and while 6/120-odd isn't great, it is still runs on the board. If our boys can push the score up towards or over 200 tomorrow, we'll be every chance of defending it given the pressure that goes with chasing runs in a grand final.

And I should point out that it isn't our senior players boasting on the BS thread, it is a couple of over-excitable kids who haven't got a clue on how much our club would need to improve to just be competitive if it were to reach Barclay Shield next year.

THE ICEMAN;336882 said:
What if nothing Bundoora dosn't come into it they have been there since day dot and like you say they are on the right side of Plenty Rdf anyway. Once you start head west of that where do you draw the line? I will tell you one thing I won't miss going to play over there next year.

are you claiming mernda as your side of plenty road? it is this stupidity that fires sides like epping/mernda and the stars up andreally i dont think it has anything to do with what side of plenty rd you are i really from,i think it is that all these teams have come from money shield and have made a impact and i know because i come from one of them and for the first year we copped it and i have no qualms with that but all it did was put a bit of fire in the belly and try to become better cricketers.so i would like to say thanks for giving us the incentive to make it this far.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back