Eca 2011/2012

The best 20/20 players are the all rounders, Parsons, Tongue, Andrews & Swift, these blokes will dominate the game as they have more influence then any others to decide the contest. My smokey for best 20/20 player though is James Binney solid bowler, fielder and batter and has a young energetic team with him. JAMES BINNEY!!!!!
Don't blow your gravy there son.

The best 20/20 players are the all rounders, Parsons, Tongue, Andrews & Swift, these blokes will dominate the game as they have more influence then any others to decide the contest. My smokey for best 20/20 player though is James Binney solid bowler, fielder and batter and has a young energetic team with him. JAMES BINNEY!!!!!
Binney is a good player and yes, he probably is a bit of a smokey. The other 4, at least, are good nominations. We might be getting somewhere with this.

I'm pretty sure I said that about Chubba. Good bloke too.

Is Clarence going to come back as loose as ever? :)
If rating current players for 20/20 we should not get to precious. Did not some of the Synthetic clubs surprise Dunstan club in recent years? I look for players are clean strikers of the ball from the first ball they face and for bowlers who can keep the ball up and tight.
Rodney Hogg commented during recent AUS V SA 20/20 that it is nearly impossible to hit the full low deliveries out of the park.
Not much point bowling out side off.
In the short form of the game I like Tongue, Cutter, Davidson, Male, Fernon and Aldons

If rating current players for 20/20 we should not get to precious. Did not some of the Synthetic clubs surprise Dunstan club in recent years? I look for players are clean strikers of the ball from the first ball they face and for bowlers who can keep the ball up and tight.
Rodney Hogg commented during recent AUS V SA 20/20 that it is nearly impossible to hit the full low deliveries out of the park.
Not much point bowling out side off.
In the short form of the game I like Tongue, Cutter, Davidson, Male, Fernon and Aldons
Tongue yes, Cutter not really, Davidson yes, Male no, Fernong and Aldons need 80 overs, but great cricketers, so a mixed bag for mine. I agree about the 'different game' though, it's a very different game to 80 over cricket (obviously).

Tongue yes, Cutter not really, Davidson yes, Male no, Fernong and Aldons need 80 overs, but great cricketers, so a mixed bag for mine. I agree about the 'different game' though, it's a very different game to 80 over cricket (obviously).
I think you will find though that the team with the most singles will generally win most 20/20 games so those blokes that value there wickets and have a bit of class like an Aldons can bat through the innings providing a solid contributer and then have the supposed big hitters at the other end trying to hit the odd 4 or 6. I definetly think the Sythetic clubs will be handy again especially as they will get one game at home, they have some very handy players in that comp and the 20/20 is a perfect way for some of the lesser teams to prove they have what it takes to compete against some of the bigger Dunstan clubs and i think that shows in who has won this competition since it started.

I think you will find though that the team with the most singles will generally win most 20/20 games so those blokes that value there wickets and have a bit of class like an Aldons can bat through the innings providing a solid contributer and then have the supposed big hitters at the other end trying to hit the odd 4 or 6. I definetly think the Sythetic clubs will be handy again especially as they will get one game at home, they have some very handy players in that comp and the 20/20 is a perfect way for some of the lesser teams to prove they have what it takes to compete against some of the bigger Dunstan clubs and i think that shows in who has won this competition since it started.
I see merit in what you say but 120 may not be enough.

Went to watch local 20/20 to see a couple of ex Mulgrave players in Streetie and Trev play and made me think of true all rounders of the past. I know he never played 20/20 but Cam Carey would have been a natural.
Any player who could open the bowling and the batting in limited over games would be gold. I rate Cam as probably the best Dunstan player I have ever watched. In the past Wilson Urrutia would also go pretty well in this form of the game.
If the weather pattern continues the limited over players will come to the fore in Dunstan games.

honestly I can't really see the 20/20 being just for the young blokes. I know the older guys in my team and others are always the ones to perform consistently. I would back a team of experience over a team of youth and energy any day. In saying that I think the key is a good mix.
does anyone actually know stats from the 20/20 games? hard to tell the gun players unless you see that.. but 30 from 12 balls is obviously better than 40 or 50 from 80 balls.. so max runs isn't the key.

honestly I can't really see the 20/20 being just for the young blokes. I know the older guys in my team and others are always the ones to perform consistently. I would back a team of experience over a team of youth and energy any day. In saying that I think the key is a good mix.
does anyone actually know stats from the 20/20 games? hard to tell the gun players unless you see that.. but 30 from 12 balls is obviously better than 40 or 50 from 80 balls.. so max runs isn't the key.
You need a mix, but the younger teams have done better than the experienced teams. Also, the synthetic teams have been more than competitive. Did STC win/come 2nd last year? I should know who won it all, but I don't. As long as the older players can contribute in the field, they're worthwhile.

STC won it last year. But I think that the best fielding side in 20/20 usually do very well.
Espically with this format being so quick the 1% things go a long way in the result of the game. Saving 10 runs in the field, turning 1's into 2's, taking that catch and so on.
You need a mix of youth and experience in your side. The young ones are generally better in the field but the experienced ones keep a cool head and keep it simple. Cricket is played best when kept simple.
As no gravy said earlier today the team who hit the most singles wins because it limits dot balls and dot balls are gold in 20/20 cricket. Espically when these pink balls are as hard as tennis balls!
Also a good spinner helps aswell in this format the more pace taken off the ball the harder it is to hit to the boundary due the the pink balls. Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully we all get on. Should be good fun and good luck to all!

STC won it last year. But I think that the best fielding side in 20/20 usually do very well.
Espically with this format being so quick the 1% things go a long way in the result of the game. Saving 10 runs in the field, turning 1's into 2's, taking that catch and so on.
You need a mix of youth and experience in your side. The young ones are generally better in the field but the experienced ones keep a cool head and keep it simple. Cricket is played best when kept simple.
As no gravy said earlier today the team who hit the most singles wins because it limits dot balls and dot balls are gold in 20/20 cricket. Espically when these pink balls are as hard as tennis balls!
Also a good spinner helps aswell in this format the more pace taken off the ball the header it is to hit to the boundary due the the pink balls. Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully we all get on. Should be good fun and good luck to all!
I agree with every word here. Good luck all. It'll just be nice to play!

Dissapointing results for Marcellin and East Donny getting knocked off by A-Turf sides by pretty easy margins. Mazenod beaten by Deepdene Uniting, although DU have had some very good results in this comp before. Mont Alberts batting woes continue... Not that a 20/20 means anything, but I'm sure they would have liked to do a bit better to carry some form into Saturday.

Any news from the Hawthorn/Ashy game... No scores posted on mycricket yet. Should have been an interesting game.

Back