Indian Cricket League

Re: Indian Cricket League

how much successful was the icl?.....it was not too entertaining for me...they can be more succesful but they need some improvemets

Anyone watching the lastest ICL tournament?
Tonight's game was pretty exciting. Chennai managed to get the highest chase in ICL thanks to superb batting by Harvey and mainly Russel Arnold. I think the wicket they were playing on in Hyderabad is more conducive for T20 cricket.

I have watched a few matches here and there. The scores have been better compared to the last tournament, but the excitement is still missing from most games. I think they need to play in a few more cities to get the crowds interested.

I take it you don't have Zee Cinema, since its on that in the UK.

Yeah, the ICL is okay, but the standard is still a bit low compared to County Twenty20. I like the amateuristic presentation, but the quality of cricket is starting to annoy me. The fastest bowlers only push 135kph and the games are generally boring to watch. But this might just be me not being a massive fan of T20, unless watching it live of course.

Nope none of the stuff interests me on there to be honest, it was good when it was on zee music.

The bowling quality is probably lower than English county games but the batting has been good. Though I am disappointed that hardly any Indian domestic players have done well. Its only been the overseas guys who have been making the runs.

sounds like tonights match was a high scoring thriller with chennai losing by just 4 runs. shame i missed it. the international stars have been doing well but i am not impressed too much by the indian players. its not really a surprise since most who had no hope of making to the national team signed up with icl.

Yeah... and I thought the idea was to promote young Indian players. So much for that with a team composed of only Pakistani players. ::)

Anyways, since I'm Pakistani, it's only good to see them win I guess. XD :p

I was thinking the same thing as I thought they had to include a certain number of youngsters. I guess that it's no bad thing though as long as the promote the game in some way.

Our pro at my club plays in it Rakesh Patel for Mumbai champs..... and another club near me maghull have kieron powar in mumbai champs . Anyone know how they're doing?

Rakesh - One thing for certain, he's not setting the world alight in the batting stakes! Doing slightly better with the ball but not out of this world, with only 2 wickets at 30 odd.

Powar is struggling as well, averaging about 13 with the bat.

shows the level of cricket in north west england :p still rakeshh best bwlin figures lst season wer 9 over 10 wickets 4 runs :laugh:

Back