Indian Cricket League

Re: Indian Cricket League

If I remember correctly Rakesh Patel was considered for selection in the national team once but then he didnt play for unknown reasons. He isnt a bad bowler but it makes sense for him to play ICL because he wont make into the national team.

He has not done too well in this year's ICL, but has touched 140kph on occasions and I believe that he'd not be too bad in 4 or 5 day cricket.

The Giants posted their highest score for this tournament - 137, beating their previous best 124 by 13 runs. Can the Heroes chase this out? Kemp injured his hand I guess and the pitch is pretty flat.

That was a pretty close match. The Giants won by 7 runs in the end.

king_of_slaves said:
Yeah... and I thought the idea was to promote young Indian players. So much for that with a team composed of only Pakistani players. ::)
I can't see the league headed in that direction at the moment. They have very few Indian players who have the potential to make it to an India XI. They need to establish themselves first. Adding a Pakistani team seems a good decision for that purpose. It might just get the crowd interested.

My, my, now was that a good final? Went down to the wire and tbh without Rana's no balls in the last over, the Badshahs would've wrapped this game up.

Having posted a total of 130/9, the Badshahs went out to defend it and the Heroes ended up on the very same total, bowled out for 130. The winner of the match decided by bowl out and Heroes beat the Badshahs 3-0 in the bowl out (kind of reminds me of the India-Pakistan bowl-out in the T20 world cup :p) And so the Heroes won the 2nd final too and the ICL twenties. Not a bad time killer if you have nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Rana Naved, Shahid Nazir and Naved Latif.

Alfred Absolom from the Heroes too.

It went like: Nicky Boje (hit), Rana Naved (miss), Alfred Absolom (miss), Shahid Nazir (miss), IS Reddy (hit), Naved Latif (miss), Chris Harris (hit).

The Shahid Nazir one was pretty darn close though.

I didn't watch it but seems like it was a pretty interesting game. This series was good advertisement for ICL. They had a lot of exciting matches this time around.

Lol, Pakistanis still cant hit the stumps. The end was fantastic the whole series was good. I'm looking forward to the next series.

Yeah, there is nothing ICL can do about it though. They'd lose a lot of money if they organize 4-day matches. BCCI is to be blamed for banning these players.

They are already making losses with the T20 tournaments so its unlikely they'd want to spend any money on 4 day matches as losses are likely to be bigger.

If they had good quality players then 4 day matches would have been good to watch considering how boring Test matches are in India. But still if they prepare sporting wickets and make sure that the players play aggressive cricket then it could be interesting to watch.

Back