Season 14/15 Rumours And Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee how are Monty travelling signing those two numb skulls, they should really add to the culture down there. Oh well at least the canteen and bar sales will go through the roof,next thing you know Snowy will be signed up! I wonder how Squizzies young fella will be feeling about a ex district keeper coming over.
In their defence, they both had reasonable enough years last year. I see Mill Park have named their captain on then website? Anyone know if Joseland is playing again this year? He was the difference for them last season.

I don't like it how a club gets dropped to a lower division for discipline reasons and people from that club leave it and get to play a higher standard leaving the fairdinkum guys at that club to battle their way back. The culprits if they want to leave should only be cleared to another club in that lower division.

So we are now going to tell players what clubs they can or can't play for? Give it a spell! If I were playing for a club and we were dropped a division for numerous disciplinary reasons, then I too wouldn't want to be a part of a club with that culture. Making a stance and saying "I won't be a part of this culture and these actions" is highly commendable in my eyes, and might teach that club that they need to pull their fingers out. As for clearing players to another club etc. The way I see it, if they don’t want to be a part of my club, for any reason, then let them go. I don’t want to play in the same side as a bloke who doesn’t want to be a part of the club. Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

So we are now going to tell players what clubs they can or can't play for? Give it a spell! If I were playing for a club and we were dropped a division for numerous disciplinary reasons, then I too wouldn't want to be a part of a club with that culture. Making a stance and saying "I won't be a part of this culture and these actions" is highly commendable in my eyes, and might teach that club that they need to pull their fingers out. As for clearing players to another club etc. The way I see it, if they don’t want to be a part of my club, for any reason, then let them go. I don’t want to play in the same side as a bloke who doesn’t want to be a part of the club. Don’t let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
So it wouldn't be a pointless excercise in fineing and dropping a club down a division and then clearing its players with issues to head back into the top comp again the next season. Defeats the whole purpose and just plain dumb.

In their defence, they both had reasonable enough years last year. I see Mill Park have named their captain on then website? Anyone know if Joseland is playing again this year? He was the difference for them last season.
So having a reasonable year wipes their slate clean does it? It's a wonder they didn't end up at BU as it looks like you guy's have rung every player in the DVCA in the last 3 month's.

So having a reasonable year wipes their slate clean does it? It's a wonder they didn't end up at BU as it looks like you guy's have rung every player in the DVCA in the last 3 month's.
Just referring to the fact that in Monty's defence they'd fit into their best 11 on last year's performance. I never had any issue with them. I thought the younger one was a bit of a tool on the field, obviously the way they left MP from an outsiders view seemed unsavoury but who knows the whole story

So it wouldn't be a pointless excercise in fineing and dropping a club down a division and then clearing its players with issues to head back into the top comp again the next season. Defeats the whole purpose and just plain dumb.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any knowledge as to why Mill Park were relegated? What the incidents were, because it sounds more like you have issues with the Groom boys? I don't know either of them, although I have heard rumours, I don't really care where they go. But I was playing in a game and went to a tribunal due to some happenings with Mill Park which contributed to them going down and I can tell you now, that it was nothing to do with the Groom boys.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any knowledge as to why Mill Park were relegated? What the incidents were, because it sounds more like you have issues with the Groom boys? I don't know either of them, although I have heard rumours, I don't really care where they go. But I was playing in a game and went to a tribunal due to some happenings with Mill Park which contributed to them going down and I can tell you now, that it was nothing to do with the Groom boys.
I was under the impression it was to do with their father's involvement in that plenty mill park spat in an under 18s Grand final. Could be completely wrong though.

I was under the impression it was to do with their father's involvement in that plenty mill park spat in an under 18s Grand final. Could be completely wrong though.

You're right, that was the "last straw" so to speak. Yet there were a couple of incidents through out that season, and not all the blame of that particular family.

You're right, that was the "last straw" so to speak. Yet there were a couple of incidents through out that season, and not all the blame of that particular family.

Any news from the Panthers Tongs re: Mashy?? Still holding hope of getting him home for next season?

Grant Hanson is the guy. He Played all season for box hill firsts and got dropped for the finals. He made 129 runs for the season and took nine wickets

Any news from the Panthers Tongs re: Mashy?? Still holding hope of getting him home for next season?

No, no news in relation to Mashy. Where he decides to play this season would be extremely lucky to have him down there. If its not this year, then we will look forward to having him back at Eltham in the hopefully near future.

Don't know why people just let this go, it happened a couple of years ago and the club excepted there punishment and moved on from it and have got themselves back in Money Shield. And Tongs maybe get your facts right before posting.

Don't know why people just let this go, it happened a couple of years ago and the club excepted there punishment and moved on from it and have got themselves back in Money Shield. And Tongs maybe get your facts right before posting.
Not sure too many people are dwelling on it. Came up as a topic of conversation because of player movements.

Happy to admit I don't know the full story Daneswan. Lets all move on past the issues from a couple of seasons ago and focus on any movements like the title suggests.

More runs chasing.

Winning the toss and sending the opposition in probably doesn't help.

In all honesty, I would suggest that Diamo don't need a whole lot. They have a really good all round even side, that if had their time again could very well have the end scored changed. In saying that, I am sure they would take any decent player available, as most clubs would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back