20/20 Comp

Research ECCC defeated Bundoora Park tonight. Chasing 146, got them with 4 overs to spare. S.Malone 61 off 20 balls!

As it turns out the Rosanna boys have a wedding on the 26th and Resesarch booked there annual wine tour for the 26th when the final was supposed to be on the 19th! So at this stage I am led to believe that the two competing clubs will meet to discuss the date and location. I suspect that because RECCC is the highest ranked out of the two, that a home GF may be an option. At this stage I'm thinking that Tuesday the 28th might be an optioon.

The 20/20 final will be played on Tuesday the 28th of Feb between Research ECCC and Rosanna, @ Eltham College #1 ground. I think it's a 5.15 Start. Were trying to get it played at Research which would have been better for viewing, but Rosanna were pushing a neautral ground, so the College was a bit of a compromise I suppose.

The 20/20 final will be played on Tuesday the 28th of Feb between Research ECCC and Rosanna, @ Eltham College #1 ground. I think it's a 5.15 Start. Were trying to get it played at Research which would have been better for viewing, but Rosanna were pushing a neautral ground, so the College was a bit of a compromise I suppose.
Thats a shame you couldn't have it at Research. Who finsihed on top? The college is a terrible ground for a 20/20. Wouldn't you want to play on a ground that will ensure a high scoring game, making it appealing for people to come watch? I was going to come watch up at Research but if it is at the college, I don't want to watch two teams make 90.

Thats a shame you couldn't have it at Research. Who finsihed on top? The college is a terrible ground for a 20/20. Wouldn't you want to play on a ground that will ensure a high scoring game, making it appealing for people to come watch? I was going to come watch up at Research but if it is at the college, I don't want to watch two teams make 90.

wont they rope the ground off at 60mtr like the other games ...?

We were the top ranked team so put in for the home GF, however Rosanna wanted to play on a neutral ground. They had a suggestion of playing at Camrea! To get things sorted we through up the College and that was accepted. It is dissapointing but unfortunately I think Rosanna got in their heads that it was too much of an advantage for us. I must say, if I was an opposition club I'd rather it be at Research! Perhaps they can send a delegation up and have a look at the two venues, I'm sure they might then change their mind.

We were the top ranked team so put in for the home GF, however Rosanna wanted to play on a neutral ground. They had a suggestion of playing at Camrea! To get things sorted we through up the College and that was accepted. It is dissapointing but unfortunately I think Rosanna got in their heads that it was too much of an advantage for us. I must say, if I was an opposition club I'd rather it be at Research! Perhaps they can send a delegation up and have a look at the two venues, I'm sure they might then change their mind.
Yeah its a bit od that they would want to play there.
I'm sure we could accommodate you both at Eltham. We'd put on a good feed for you both ;)

We were the top ranked team so put in for the home GF, however Rosanna wanted to play on a neutral ground. They had a suggestion of playing at Camrea! To get things sorted we through up the College and that was accepted. It is dissapointing but unfortunately I think Rosanna got in their heads that it was too much of an advantage for us.

What's more, I'm pretty sure that if Rosanna were the top-ranked club, they would want the match played at their ground.

Yep, Rosanna won. They batted first and made 167 off their 20, 6 or 7 out, I think. RECCC finished on 160 for 4 or 5 out. Cracker of a game. Pretty good chase actually, RECCC needed 40 off the last 3 so were under the pump, but to fall 7 runs short was a good chase.

Yep, Rosanna won. They batted first and made 167 off their 20, 6 or 7 out, I think. RECCC finished on 160 for 4 or 5 out. Cracker of a game. Pretty good chase actually, RECCC needed 40 off the last 3 so were under the pump, but to fall 7 runs short was a good chase.

sounds like a cracker!
who got wickets? runs?

So I take it RECCC got done if Brutal wasn't on here Tuesday night straight after the game?

Can anyone confirm?
Sorry mate, had other things on my mind. Good to see someone else filled everyone in! Was a good game and I must say the Rosanna boys were pretty impressive with the bat and ball. There two slower bowlers, in particular Scott Dunbar did a really good job. We were probably let down with a couple of first up overs that proved costly when we bowled, which was probably the difference. Well done to Rosanna for the win and our guys for giving us some Tuesday night entertainment throughout the season!

Does anybody know the rules in our T20 comp in regards to "guest" players? Are clubs allowed a district player coming back to play for them? For what it's worth I think each club should be allowed to have any of their homegrown talent come back and play in the T20's. Thoughts?

Well done to Mill Park in securing Brad Hodge for their home 20/20 game on the 13th Nov, tipping it will be a cracker of a crowd. Not sure I'd be parking my car at Redleap that evening :D

Back