20/20 Comp

Who bats first tonight?? Away side of toss of a coin??

These are on the NCL 20/20 link, i have not posted all of it - i assume they are relevant for this season. No mention of away team batting first, however, that is the way we have played every match so far?

Rules Extract for North/North East T20 2010_11
3. Duration of Match & Nomination of Teams
3.1. The matches will consist of one innings per side, each innings being limited to a
maximum of 20 overs. Teams shall be 11 per side as nominated by the Captain
3.2. Before the toss for innings the Captain shall nominate his players. The nominations
shall be in writing and may not thereafter be changed without the consent of the
opposing Captain

These are on the NCL 20/20 link, i have not posted all of it - i assume they are relevant for this season. No mention of away team batting first, however, that is the way we have played every match so far?

Rules Extract for North/North East T20 2010_11
3. Duration of Match & Nomination of Teams
3.1. The matches will consist of one innings per side, each innings being limited to a
maximum of 20 overs. Teams shall be 11 per side as nominated by the Captain
3.2. Before the toss for innings the Captain shall nominate his players. The nominations
shall be in writing and may not thereafter be changed without the consent of the
opposing Captain

I have emailed Mick, and also stated the above rule - noting that all round robin games were away side bats first.
No reply as yet. Maybe the umpires have been advised.

I have emailed Mick, and also stated the above rule - noting that all round robin games were away side bats first.
No reply as yet. Maybe the umpires have been advised.

That may be the case with your games, but not the case with others. I know in both our games all sides were under the impression that you tossed the coin. I believe the away team batting first was the old rule (last year) but is not in place this year.

That may be the case with your games, but not the case with others. I know in both our games all sides were under the impression that you tossed the coin. I believe the away team batting first was the old rule (last year) but is not in place this year.

Attached are rules sent out to all clubs with the initial fixture.

Conditions
Round of 16 ranked by pts and % (Rank 1 v Rank 16 etc) at the home of the highest ranked club.
Retain home grounds for highest ranked clubs and Tuesday nights right through to the final.

Players must have played in at least 1 match to qualify for RO 16 and beyond.
Match start time is 5.30pm at the latest.

AWAY TEAM BATS FIRST

Attached are rules sent out to all clubs with the initial fixture.

Conditions
Round of 16 ranked by pts and % (Rank 1 v Rank 16 etc) at the home of the highest ranked club.
Retain home grounds for highest ranked clubs and Tuesday nights right through to the final.

Players must have played in at least 1 match to qualify for RO 16 and beyond.
Match start time is 5.30pm at the latest.

AWAY TEAM BATS FIRST

Speaking to other clubs, and knowing what happened in our two games, the coin was tossed.

Speaking to other clubs, and knowing what happened in our two games, the coin was tossed.
Then they did it wrong. Doesn't make a difference really. Although having the away team bat first gives home team spectators a chance to get down and watch their team bat.

Quarter Finals - Tuesday 15 Jan 2013
Mill Park (Ranking 1) v Rosanna (14)
Rivergum (2) v North Eltham Wanderers (11)
Bundoora (4) v Plenty (9)
Lower Eltham (5) v Bundoora Utd (7)
Semi Finals – 29 Jan
Grand Final – 12 Feb

Quarter Finals - Tuesday 15 Jan 2013
Mill Park (Ranking 1) v Rosanna (14)
Rivergum (2) v North Eltham Wanderers (11)
Bundoora (4) v Plenty (9)
Lower Eltham (5) v Bundoora Utd (7)
Semi Finals – 29 Jan
Grand Final – 12 Feb

Mill Park, with or without B.Hodge?

I see the final of the T20 comp was on last night, and looking at the scores, a very one sided match.

Not sure if anyone can inform of how many people went to the game, as it being on a Tuesday, most clubs would have had training.

I would have thought that last season, playing the semi and finals on the same day meant a better atmosphere and more people to watch the games.

Back