2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

southern sledge;402687 said:
You might have played in 3 comps, but at what standard and good to see that you are loyal.

I've played 1's in all comps. Two clubs excluding premier is not really slutting around. So as i was saying i wasn't starting a slinging match with you, its just an assessment drawn from personal experience that the majority may not have had. With your strong view on loyalty then you should understand that there are good young cricketers that stay loyal at their junior clubs and become good senior players at that club, no matter what competition they play in, including the CMCA. I've never heard of a 10 yr old kid ask his mates if their seniors are on turf or synthetic before agreeing to go with them to play for the first time, have you?

Cash Man;402710 said:
Good for Ash Russell!

Its a huge loss for Sth Caulfield, I assume their Poms arent coming back and they are advertising for a wicket keeper as well so maybe the young keeper is moving on to a higher level? If South dont get a genuine gun captain coach they could be in trouble. Sledge is Grey coming back after only playing a few last year? What other options have they got?

I have it on good authority that it wasn't all about the money for Ash Russell. Posts questioning his loyalty are wrong. He has been a great player for South and hugely loyal. The time to move on was right for Ash and unlike some players in this competition who prostitute themselves, Ash has made the move not solely based on financial reasons.

lifemember;402777 said:
I have it on good authority that it wasn't all about the money for Ash Russell. Posts questioning his loyalty are wrong. He has been a great player for South and hugely loyal. The time to move on was right for Ash and unlike some players in this competition who prostitute themselves, Ash has made the move not solely based on financial reasons.

I am sure it wasn't all about money, but a fair part of it? Yes there are a few "pros" around. Good by and good luck to Ash. Now, if this needs to be discussed fruther, perhaps a thread for Ash is needed?

Anything interesting to chat about anyone? How are Bentleigh looking for this year? How do you think they and Gr$$nvale go this year?

Too Old Body Broke;402778 said:
How are Bentleigh looking for this year? How do you think they and Gr$$nvale go this year?

According to Bentleighs website, they have signed Chris Street as coach, so he is obviously taking on more responsibility than last season. Obviously they have signed the PNG player, but will lose Michael Riach to retirement apparently.

Too Old Body Broke;402778 said:
I am sure it wasn't all about money, but a fair part of it? Yes there are a few "pros" around. Good by and good luck to Ash. Now, if this needs to be discussed fruther, perhaps a thread for Ash is needed?

Anything interesting to chat about anyone? How are Bentleigh looking for this year? How do you think they and Gr$$nvale go this year?

Pardon me sir.

But i believe those $$ symbols in Gr$$nvale are patented.

Invented by yours truly in 2008/09 when battling Gr$$nvale gr$$n brigade in NTH A.

All loyalties plz reserved…..TA

PS. Some folks @ Gr$$nvale don't like 'em (i mean they don't like people spelling Greenvale with $$), which makes 'em all the more valuable. So if you really wanna irk some @ the club???

ROY G BIV;402782 said:
Pardon me sir.

Invented by yours truly in 2008/09 when battling Gr$$nvale gr$$n brigade in NTH A.

PS. Some folks @ Gr$$nvale don't like 'em, which makes 'em all the more valuable.

haha i see. Are they losing/gaining any players for this season?

Guy Incognito;402650 said:
Firstly Rob Quiney(washington park), Nick Jewell(brighton union). Secondly, the vtca club i played with was not as strong as the cmca side i played in and East Sandringham was stronger than us, simple as that. So i'm sorry, but you'll have to head back to the stables to trade in for a slightly lower horse than the one your sitting on now.This is not a sledge, its just the way it is mate.

Love the name dropping, who are these guys? means nothing to me these names dunno about everyone else on here

ROY G BIV;402782 said:
Pardon me sir.

PS. Some folks @ Gr$$nvale don't like 'em (i mean they don't like people spelling Greenvale with $$), which makes 'em all the more valuable. So if you really wanna irk some @ the club???

And as we have always said Fizzer 5 of this years team have played since under 10's and another 2 were under 18. As always we are the ones laughing at the end of the year. Both ones twos and the rest of our 7 teams while your the one looking for the easy reason why your club has sunk to Nth B ;)

howzat23;402817 said:
S.O.S Require no 4 bat. Spotswood's D.D needs to come home:D

give dean petrolli a call - phone 1800 rubble. reckon youll get him for 5K and a sausage roll

Selma Bouvier;402873 said:
And as we have always said Fizzer 5 of this years team have played since under 10's and another 2 were under 18. As always we are the ones laughing at the end of the year. Both ones twos and the rest of our 7 teams while your the one looking for the easy reason why your club has sunk to Nth B ;)

Hello Selma.

Lucky for the comp restructure o/w you would be still in NTH A with the likes of St Albans and co.

But i guess that's history now.

Kev Davis;402852 said:
Love the name dropping, who are these guys? means nothing to me these names dunno about everyone else on here

You obviously don't follow state cricket Kev?

Jewell has only opened the batting for Victoria for the last 8 seasons & Quiney has been in the Vic team for the last 4 :rolleyes:

ROY G BIV;402915 said:
Hello Selma.

Lucky for the comp restructure o/w you would be still in NTH A with the likes of St Albans and co.

But i guess that's history now.

ahh history. Stringer to Sen div with 4 1sts flags and a lifetime of memories. Finally we agree. Lucky we are!

Not Out;402916 said:
You obviously don't follow state cricket Kev?

Jewell has only opened the batting for Victoria for the last 8 seasons & Quiney has been in the Vic team for the last 4 :rolleyes:

thanks for the help red ink, didn't think it would be necessary. Especially considering Quiney was in the Aus twenty20 sqaud a couple seasons back. makes you wonder what people with such minute knowledge of a sport are doing on a forum based on that particular sport.

I believe a certain club who played in senior division may have signed

a recently retired New Zealand Test player and a former West Indian A

player for the current season points maybe a major problem can anyone confirm

Back