2010 / 11 general chat.

Re: 2010 / 11 general chat.

yeah he just goes were he knows he can make a run and you get 100 pies for getting 100 runs just hope for him for the season counts also... but he could lay off the 4 and 20's if you ask me....

bronca;403722 said:
i heard one gary turner is doing it hard to pay off his house so he has signed with kinggy baps.... any truth in this......? anybody
not like he hasnt done it b4.....?

nah not true, turner is returning to yarraville to skipper the 2nd XI side. he is bringing mc cluskey and shannon with him. apparently pacholli wanted to come too, but smackas his good mate couldnt promise him a game. he told pacholli he would have to start in the 3rds to get some of his vintage form back first.

borough;403608 said:
5 players being paid out of 44 that take the field on a saturday is not much in my opinion.

But a club would be mad to pay anyone not playing in their 1st XI on a regular basis, so really it's 5 out of 11.

Northern $uper$tars;403798 said:
But a club would be mad to pay anyone not playing in their 1st XI on a regular basis, so really it's 5 out of 11.

Very true thanks for the Nth S/Stars. You cant tell me that that was within the rules? Im told the Presisent asked 4 of those players to lie and say they were not being paid. And out of those 4. 2 were from darwin!

YCCC;403792 said:
nah not true, turner is returning to yarraville to skipper the 2nd XI side. he is bringing mc cluskey and shannon with him. apparently pacholli wanted to come too, but smackas his good mate couldnt promise him a game. he told pacholli he would have to start in the 3rds to get some of his vintage form back first.

Good to hear more young blokes coming back to the game:D

Darwin Cricket;403799 said:
Very true thanks for the Nth S/Stars. You cant tell me that that was within the rules? Im told the Presisent asked 4 of those players to lie and say they were not being paid. And out of those 4. 2 were from darwin!
That was common knowledge around that time

YCCC;403792 said:

Im pretty sure 1800 Pacholium was not going to play this season after already agreeing to terms with St Bernards.
Apparently he has just bought into a new business venture. He was offered a share in the popular Sth Melbourne dim sim take away shop.
Since his arrival at the take away shop he has stacked on 8 kgs and shop takings have not increased but stock has diminished quite remarkably.

Turner reported to Victorian Police that vandals had stuffed 3 dim sims in his exhaust one night. Interesting! May have been pay back for not guaranteeing him a game?

Good to see the comedic contributions to these forums have returned....hopefully a mix fact and fiction will make for an interesting read in the next few months!

ImpartialOnlooker;403933 said:
Good to see the comedic contributions to these forums have returned....hopefully a mix fact and fiction will make for an interesting read in the next few months!

yeh petrolli always in the rumour mill, played at more cricket clubs than dale kickett has afl clubs. now we hear he is shoving dim sims in his old mate smackas exhaust pipe because smackas wont give him a game in his 2nds side, sad times.

so he gets paid pies for cricket and sells dim sims for a living he will be bigger than danny taylor soon... if only he could play like the big boy....

Bakes 2010;403592 said:
I honestly think that there is too much emphasis on how much people are getting paid. Who cares!!!!! If money attracts the RIGHT sort of people to our comp, then I don't see the problem. Worry about yourselves and your own club. If Joe Bloggs is getting payed a shit load and is not worth it, good luck to him for conning the club into it. Any club that pays players and doesn't get it right, should either stick with him or move him on. Either way, I don't see how it is anyones business. I've sat and read these forums for a number of years now and have said nothing. Giggled a bit at a few comments made, but continue to see the same posts coming up. $$$$. Let's just play cricket!!! Sorry if this is a bit too serious for this forum, but I think it's time that we concentrate on the cricket being played and who's moving where etc, and leave the money aside. And to the many players that slut themselves around from club to club, looking for it. They get known and sooner or later they get seen for who they really are,on the field and off!!

how much are you getting bakes????

bronca;403984 said:
so he gets paid pies for cricket and sells dim sims for a living he will be bigger than danny taylor soon... if only he could play like the big boy....

Just being reading past posts regarding Dean,i think
some off these comments are way off the mark.
Firstly he is a lovely lad that is dating my daughter,when in
town he has filled in for us and in one game last year he
made a swashbuckling 169 against Nar nar goon hitting
the ball to all parts of our paddocks.

weapons05/06;404013 said:
how much are you getting bakes????

Who gives a toss how much he is getting? Rather rude question if you ask me. Had a gutful about $$$$'s on these forums. Those who get paid, good luck to em. Really is no-ones business apart from the player and the club. Get back to your wdca thread weppo.

:)
Too Old Body Broke;404089 said:
Who gives a toss how much he is getting? Rather rude question if you ask me. Had a gutful about $$$$'s on these forums. Those who get paid, good luck to em. Really is no-ones business apart from the player and the club. Get back to your wdca thread weppo.

:) Well said!!

Back