2010 / 11 general chat.

Just out of interest can i ask if anyone knows of the thinking behind tagging the reserve day on the end of the last game before Christmas? is there a reason why it couldn't be played on the sunday after rounds 3,4 or 5?

Just out of interest can i ask if anyone knows of the thinking behind tagging the reserve day on the end of the last game before Christmas? is there a reason why it couldn't be played on the sunday after rounds 3,4 or 5?

I think they gave the reason as grounds being available and there is no cricket on that Sunday

Hopefully they're smart enough to pay on incentives not on Full Year rates?
This would be smart but I do also feel for the imports who if this was the case would have traveled a long way for not much. You would be spewing to take an incentive based contract, travel 10,000 kays and have one third of the season wash out! LOL! No guarantee we wont get any further interuptions - imagine when games are called off due to heat policy too... be the looks of things - this season might only be about 8 rounds total! :O

Does anyone know why Yarraville Club do not partake in the VTCA Twenty20 competition? Being the premier club of the VTCA for the last 5 or so years, would have thought they would be highly involved in this.

Does anyone know why Yarraville Club do not partake in the VTCA Twenty20 competition? Being the premier club of the VTCA for the last 5 or so years, would have thought they would be highly involved in this.

Yep! My mate plays for yarraville club and in there presidents words 'they haven't been recruited to the club to play that shit'

I understand they want to protect their 1's players from getting injured, but why wouldn't they just let players from the 2's, 3's or 4's participate? Would be good especially for the younger players to get some experience.

Let's hope the VTCA introduce a few games for points next year . They might change their attitude then. Also, aren't the games in support of the McGrath Foundation? Pretty poor attitude if they don't want to "play that shit" in aid of a good cause...

I understand they want to protect their 1's players from getting injured, but why wouldn't they just let players from the 2's, 3's or 4's participate? Would be good especially for the younger players to get some experience.

Spot on. I wonder if players were consulted with this decision or just left up to the president et al to make the decision for them, seems quite ridiculous as I think it's a good pitch to attract younger players to clubs.

What a disgusting attitude to have towards something which goes towards an amazing cause. I certainly hope when the mcgrath foundation with the VTCA the accolades for partaking in such a good initiative none of it goes towards Yarraville Attitude CC

What a disgusting attitude to have towards something which goes towards an amazing cause. I certainly hope when the mcgrath foundation with the VTCA the accolades for partaking in such a good initiative none of it goes towards Yarraville Attitude CC

Yarraville Club were massive supporters of the Pink Day last year. Their ladies day raised over $2000, all of which went to the Foundation. They were also present, and donated, at the Presidents Lunch in support of the Foundation.

northclubsdontpayplayers it sounds like you have been tormented by yccc over the years , go and see a therapist mate . you keilor guys really can sook up when you dont get your way . i suppose they have destroyed you in every game you have played against them in the last 5 years .

northclubsdontpayplayers it sounds like you have been tormented by yccc over the years , go and see a therapist mate . you keilor guys really can sook up when you dont get your way . i suppose they have destroyed you in every game you have played against them in the last 5 years .

Dean i thought you told me you played for them at some stage of your glorious career you shouldnt bag your ex clubs .Ps when are you going to come and visited us again?

I know who needs the therapist champ

Back