2010 / 11 general chat.

Excuse me your daughter is no pig ( i love her ) there you go i finally said it .Well thats why im thinking about going back to where afternoon teas are just magnificant , it just depends on what there prepaired to pay me . My mate turner got 3 houses , 2 beach shacks and 2 pagolas out of his time there so im thinking that its about time i cashed in .

Notice to all Clubs - stay away from Primary Edge clothing! Absolute crap! How the VTCA can endorse such a product is beyond me - oh hang on, they are getting something from it arn't they?

I know of a Club that got three different shades of cream and three different styles of playing shirt in the one order. The shirts are too short. Their one day tops are too long (players had to go and get them adjusted by a tailor), they were 8 weeks late in delivery (happen to know the VTCA Under 21 team were waiting for their Primary Edge gear three weeks into their season) and they cannot deliver on what they say.

They dont supply Cricket Vic their playing gear (as advertised) only some training apparel and District Clubs have stopped using them - cant see the Aussies going anywhere near them!

Notice to all Clubs - stay away from Primary Edge clothing! Absolute crap! How the VTCA can endorse such a product is beyond me - oh hang on, they are getting something from it arn't they?

It's one thing to endorse it. Another thing entirely to say, if you dont purchase through them you cant wear coloured clothing in games. Anybody on here know anything about the trade practises act

Have not heard to much from the y.c.c.c. for a while must be a bit worried down there being 1 and 3 , 1 and 4 after this weekend . there is a lot of trouble going on down there at the moment with the club on and off the field . i only speak in facts and fact has it that one of the coaches ( the fat one ) has already agreed to terms with another club NOT V.T.C.A but local club amd with a lot of older guys retiring they could be in reeling in the next few years . ps. afternoon tea was not to bad last week i will give it 3 and a half stars out of 5. rub

how about we get all the old characters back out of retirement on here like mr warrigul , the oricle , the p.m wears a baggy green , vicpolice and all the yccc guys . then the forum will be back on board . please let everyone back on .

how about we get all the old characters back out of retirement on here like mr warrigul , the oricle , the p.m wears a baggy green , vicpolice and all the yccc guys . then the forum will be back on board . please let everyone back on .

And all the other characters-Marty and mumbles taylor,Rubble,Altona north legend,Bronca,Gary Turner,Johnnytaylorstolemywallet
maybe we could have a reunion like Hey Hey its Saturday

the problem is century scrorer that hey hey its saturday just hot the flick , im sorry i forgot about you cs you have been a big part of the big cricket life . lets get together and get everyone back on here . p.s im really looking forward to afternoon tea this week and im not really sure who were we are playing . rub

Now far be it from me to start a rumour, but I have heard that in the Senior Division match played on the reserve day of Keilor v Williamstown, the only reason this match got a result was because they started at 11am - agreed to by both teams (you'll see that all other Senior Division matches were drawn due to the weather). Apparently umpires were fixtured but they were not told (infact no one from the VTCA was told or asked) and the umpires turned up at normal time, but play was already underway.

Now according to VTCA rule M6.1, all 1st and 2nd XI one day games shall commence at 1pm.

I wonder what action the VTCA will take (if any) on this match. Now as I say, I have only heard this as a rumour and will withdraw my comments above should I be wrong.

Has anyone got first hand (or otherwise) information about this?

Now far be it from me to start a rumour, but I have heard that in the Senior Division match played on the reserve day of Keilor v Williamstown, the only reason this match got a result was because they started at 11am - agreed to by both teams (you'll see that all other Senior Division matches were drawn due to the weather). Apparently umpires were fixtured but they were not told (infact no one from the VTCA was told or asked) and the umpires turned up at normal time, but play was already underway.

Now according to VTCA rule M6.1, all 1st and 2nd XI one day games shall commence at 1pm.

I wonder what action the VTCA will take (if any) on this match. Now as I say, I have only heard this as a rumour and will withdraw my comments above should I be wrong.

I highly doubt it happened as the president of the VTCA comes from CY's. If it did happen, well its a blatant break of rules.
On a side note, it's great to see some different sides making up the top end of the table. For how how long, time will tell.

Too Old - I too am suprised given the relationship of both the VT President to CY's and also the VT Secretary to Keilor - not that for one minute do I believe either of them knew of such an agreement between the two team, however I have since had feedback from my post that such an agreement did exisit between the two clubs and that the game did start early.

Too Old - I too am suprised given the relationship of both the VT President to CY's and also the VT Secretary to Keilor - not that for one minute do I believe either of them knew of such an agreement between the two team, however I have since had feedback from my post that such an agreement did exisit between the two clubs and that the game did start early.

Well if it is proven to be true, it is very disappointing!! Especially given that an email was sent out after this game about clubs following the rules of the competition!! Dare I say it, but I think this was sent from the prez of the VTCA?? It will be interesting to see what ramifications come from this?? Reading on another thread, it appears the same thing happened in a lower grade??

Too Old, I think that email was sent as a result of what we have been speaking about. If I was a Club at the lower end of the table I would be making all the enquiries I could as to the truth of this - especially given everyone else was forced to draw because they played by the rules.

Well if it is proven to be true, it is very disappointing!! Especially given that an email was sent out after this game about clubs following the rules of the competition!! Dare I say it, but I think this was sent from the prez of the VTCA?? It will be interesting to see what ramifications come from this?? Reading on another thread, it appears the same thing happened in a lower grade??

Ahh the plot thickens... Can anyone conclusively confirm this to be true? Starting to smell like rotting fish.

Too many rumours have been started by your goodself lately. The game started at 1.30, so who ever started this is talking absolute bullshit !

Back