2012/13 Barclay Shield

Big call. Watched the Barclay granny then went across to the Money shield game. They're a long way off Diamond Creek in my opinion. Having two decent spinners is a big plus but they don't have anyone to rip through a batting line up either.

There's no Dale Campbell, and compare keepers. Almatrah is great with the gloves but bats 11. Mclean made nearly 500 runs this season @ 46.

Definitely won't go down, but I imagine they'll be fighting it out with a few other clubs for that 4th spot.

Wouldn't say they are a long way off. Rosanna are very professional and will do quite well. The gap between Barclay and Money has decreased a lot over the last 3 years.

Wouldn't say they are a long way off. Rosanna are very professional and will do quite well. The gap between Barclay and Money has decreased a lot over the last 3 years.

One of the best statements all year. Money shield is developing real fast.
Are the Barclay clubs taking their foot off the pedal?
Becoming a very strong and credible grade of cricket.

I rate Rosanna, they are a professional club but I think they will find that professionalism is the norm rather than the exception in Barclay.

Creek are the benchmark and they will have to get past Lower Eltham, Bundoora, Plenty and Macleod. You don't get games like TU, PH etc in Barclay when you can be off your game and still get the points (with all due respect to those clubs that are probably rebuilding). A few might find that playing on the other side of Plenty Rd is an experience to learn from as well.

I rate Rosanna, they are a professional club but I think they will find that professionalism is the norm rather than the exception in Barclay.

Creek are the benchmark and they will have to get past Lower Eltham, Bundoora, Plenty and Macleod. You don't get games like TU, PH etc in Barclay when you can be off your game and still get the points (with all due respect to those clubs that are probably rebuilding). A few might find that playing on the other side of Plenty Rd is an experience to learn from as well.

Always wondered what was meant by "the other side of plenty road" if referring to Rosanna, and the 13 teams they played this season, 7 sides are east, 5 sides are west and 1 is dead on (Whittlesea). So they had their fare share of both.

Always wondered what was meant by "the other side of plenty road" if referring to Rosanna, and the 13 teams they played this season, 7 sides are east, 5 sides are west and 1 is dead on (Whittlesea). So they had their fare share of both.

Its fairly simple.

There is a good side of Plenty Road ie you don't need to hide your wallet, or be fearful that you're going to be stabbed in the car park. And there's a bad side, where the said incidents may occur. :D

The right and wrong side of the wall?
That said, not many on the broady side in Barclay these days. Lalor and Camrea down for St Frank who are now on it and Rosanna. Only Epping remain, unless I'm brain-fading?

Its fairly simple.

There is a good side of Plenty Road ie you don't need to hide your wallet, or be fearful that you're going to be stabbed in the car park. And there's a bad side, where the said incidents may occur. :D

Rosanna should acquit themselves pretty well. Very professional unit, solid team with lots of guys in the rightish age bracket. I'm thinking top 6 is achievable, from there it coes down to a bit of luck and how consistent you are.

Rosanna should acquit themselves pretty well. Very professional unit, solid team with lots of guys in the rightish age bracket. I'm thinking top 6 is achievable, from there it coes down to a bit of luck and how consistent you are.
Also their 2nd's went through undefeated in C Grade, 3rds made finals and their 4ths won G Grade. Big year for the Zanna's

Back