2012/13 Barclay Shield

Thanks for clearing up the follow on rule. I wasn't sure.

In this case, it shows that it could very well have cost your team, not helped by allowing these batsmen to get runs when the game was well and truly over, when you could have got vital points. Lower Eltham ran through them fairly easy in the 1st dig, after rolling Mernda in 36 overs the round before. So I would suggest you're a little harsh on the Lower Eltham Bowlers. Cal had a really good year with the ball, Burgoyne being his usual self. Then I am sure guys like Frayne could chip in for a couple of cheap wickets in the tail.

Are we still going to go through the whole "Your team isn't in Barclay Shield, so you can't comment?" crap? Come on, you're better than to use that as an argument.

Who knows, if we didnt give our bats a good hit in those games we might have lost another game and not even been in finals contention.

Frayne isnt worth giving the ball to, apparently got hit around by one of the worst bats and blokes in the valley in a pre season game and never recovered.

It's a valid point, you clearly have a vendetta against Lower Eltham and from my point of view you are irrelevant.

Who knows, if we didnt give our bats a good hit in those games we might have lost another game and not even been in finals contention.

Frayne isnt worth giving the ball to, apparently got hit around by one of the worst bats and blokes in the valley in a pre season game and never recovered.

It's a valid point, you clearly have a vendetta against Lower Eltham and from my point of view you are irrelevant.

There are many what if's. I guess i would rather die trying, rather than sit on my hands and not have a crack.

I don't get why Frayne doesn't bowl in the 1s. Bowls successfully in the 2s, but goes up, bats 8 or 9 and doesn't get thrown the ball ever when playing in the 1s? From what i have seen, he is underrated and anyone who hits him around the park must be going ok.

Its not a valid point, its an argument of a school kid. No vendetta against Lower Eltham, many quality blokes down there.

Don't sell yourself short Frayney.

Any guesses as to umpires across Barclay for the weekend?

I'll have a crack.

Barclay- Shearer, Dwyer, Poyntz, Doupe

Tips for the weekend.

Have to tip Diamo = good even unit and probably deserve a flag, funny things happen in finals though and Macleod are a definite Danger. Timmy Wise should get more credit for being a freak.

Other game, do you place any value at all on the outright and how different will the sides be. I think Bundoora will win. Adam and Taggar do the job most weeks and should keep Plenty under 150.

Tips for the weekend.

Have to tip Diamo = good even unit and probably deserve a flag, funny things happen in finals though and Macleod are a definite Danger. Timmy Wise should get more credit for being a freak.

Other game, do you place any value at all on the outright and how different will the sides be. I think Bundoora will win. Adam and Taggar do the job most weeks and should keep Plenty under 150.
Anything near 150 might be enough!

Tips for the weekend.

I'll go for a Creek and Bundoora GF.

What do you mean by this?? freak as in player or captain? are Macleod really that bad?

I can't believe how many people are writing Bundoora off. 2 weeks ago, they had lost one game for the year, and Plenty needed a miracle and a half get into the finals. Ok, so the miracle happened, and people think that Bundoora are shot?

I am sure Brad and the boys are very happy with the underdog tag, but underrate them at your own peril.

Freakish ability Harry, he would have to be in the top 3 players over the last 5 years which is a good effort considering the quality that has been around.

Good luck to Creek & Plenty this week. Creek been the best team all season & plenty have beaten Macleod and us twice in their last 3 games so deserve their place.

Good luck to Creek & Plenty this week. Creek been the best team all season & plenty have beaten Macleod and us twice in their last 3 games so deserve their place.
anyone get to the semis on the weekend, they look pretty one sided affairs going by the online scores

i'm tipping creek to beat green this weekend

anyone get to the semis on the weekend, they look pretty one sided affairs going by the online scores

i'm tipping creek to beat green this weekend

I will stick by my tip - Plenty will beat Diamond Creek.
Diamond Creek are very discipline bowling side but if Plenty's top 6/7 batsman can show some patience, they will get over the line.
Still think Plenty are the best side we have played this year .

Diamond Creek are very discipline bowling side but if Plenty's top 6/7 batsman can show some patience, they will get over the line.

how did your mob go on the weekend serge? did they give a yelp? and where to from here?

Serg, no disrespect intended, but Diamo have beat you twice this year without any real trouble, and Plenty didn't smash you, and just made it through to the finals through what many believe was a miracle. What makes you say that they were the better team?

how did your mob go on the weekend serge? did they give a yelp? and where to from here?
Yeah, we gave a yelp. Creek were 5/150 after 70 overs so if we had of bowled tighter, result would have been closer. Lost some silly wickets batting as well. We will come back better for the experience next year. Side is sticking together from all reports.

Back