2012/13 Barclay Shield

Big rumour going around training last night was that none other than Bradley "leave my boy alone" Hodge will be pulling on the pads for Mill Park in the Regional 20/20 comp this season...

Any truth?
Yep, heard that as well. Also heard Lloyd Mash was lining up for Lower Plenty in 20/20.

Overheard A Villani down the Lower Friday night saying he is unhappy with his treatment at Plenty when compared to Rozzi, Salv, and Salpig. "can't even get a lift home from training" to quote him. "whoevers got the most cash" was also heard from the mouth of the bigfella......

I notice that all the Senior fixtures are now finally up.

1. Rosanna, Banyule & Hberg each have 3 teams, down from 4 each last season.
2. The other clubs have a total 85 teams, down from 99 last season - a biggish drop.

Has the almost continuous 40-year growth in teams and player nos. finally peaked?
Have clubs opted for "fewer but better" in the new and possibly more competitive era?
Or is there going to be a corresponding increase in the number of ODC and Vets teams?

It will be interesting to see the final Junior team nos.

I notice that all the Senior fixtures are now finally up.

1. Rosanna, Banyule & Hberg each have 3 teams, down from 4 each last season.
2. The other clubs have a total 85 teams, down from 99 last season - a biggish drop.

Has the almost continuous 40-year growth in teams and player nos. finally peaked?
Have clubs opted for "fewer but better" in the new and possibly more competitive era?
Or is there going to be a corresponding increase in the number of ODC and Vets teams?

It will be interesting to see the final Junior team nos.

G & H grade fixtures are still to come out. Banyule will be staying at 4 teams. I'm also told Rosanna will have 4 and Heidelberg 5.

Back