2012/13 Barclay Shield

Lower Plenty dropping numbers - 5 senior and 5 junior sides this season after wobbs hard work whats happening?

Promising signs though, with a couple of promising youngsters in the 1sts, Wells and O'Connor.
Wells is apparently an all-rounder, but was too tired to bowl after his long stint at the crease.

Don't think Macleod are going to finish 3rd last or 2nd last as some people of this forum have suggested.

long way to go yet, serg

havent your boys fallen in a hole the last few seasons?

on recent form, most of those who had you in bottom 3, probably still had you in the four at halfway :D

Your boys had a nice win over Camrea. Where do you think they ( camrea ) will finish ?
And yes, we are notorious for starting well early in the season, but Coach has them up and about which is good.
Still don't reckon we will finish 2nd last.

Don't think Macleod are going to finish 3rd last or 2nd last as some people of this forum have suggested.
Your boys had a nice win over Camrea. Where do you think they ( camrea ) will finish ?
And yes, we are notorious for starting well early in the season, but Coach has them up and about which is good.
Still don't reckon we will finish 2nd last.

That was a pretty quick backdown.

i'll have a go.

Diamond Creek
Riverside
Plenty
Epping

Lower Eltham
Macleod
North Eltham
Bundoora
Research
Mernda
Old Paradians/St Francis
Camrea

Harder to pick than a broken nose

So where do you have us DB ?

Don't know, but pretty sure you won't be last 3.
Diamo' s addition of Sturgess makes them look pretty good.
North Eltham looks better with Tsapatsaris (betcha Research wouldn't mind him and McTaggart back - they'd probably even be happy with just Whittaker).
Research is going to depend even more heavily than previously on runs from Turner and Malone.
OPSF still an unknown quantity; they've featured the usual suspects so far, plus D.Sinclair (Dave's grandson?), and a couple of sterling knocks from the skipper.
Camrea are going to need a few 3-point washouts to finish off the bottom.
I think Harry's probably got 1 and 9-12 about right, but the rest are anybody's guess.
Why does Harry think Bundoora will drop so far?

Don't know, but pretty sure you won't be last 3.
Diamo' s addition of Sturgess makes them look pretty good.
North Eltham looks better with Tsapatsaris (betcha Research wouldn't mind him and McTaggart back - they'd probably even be happy with just Whittaker).
Research is going to depend even more heavily than previously on runs from Turner and Malone.
OPSF still an unknown quantity; they've featured the usual suspects so far, plus D.Sinclair (Dave's grandson?), and a couple of sterling knocks from the skipper.
I think Harry's probably got 1 and 9-12 about right, but the rest are anybody's guess.

I wouldnt rule Bundoora out of finals contention by any means, but they look weaker in both batting and bowling compared to last year. The comp is very even.
I have put Camrea last, but they have some good players in that side!!

Wouldn't the wash out rule apply to all sides, so that's not really going to help them.
Any side 9-12 making finals wouldn't surprise me to be honest.

Wouldn't the wash out rule apply to all sides, so that's not really going to help them.

No, if they get a washout and their "relegation-competitors" play and lose, then they get a 3-point jump on those competitors.
This factor has, on occasion, decided who wins and loses the relegation stakes, particularly when there has been a wide geographical separation between the relevant clubs.

Interested in some opinions on 'batting on' after the result is achieved?
I have noticed that the right spirit is employed most of the time, however some teams are serial offenders?

My opinion is if you are NOT going for the 10 pts, walk off and have a drink!

Nothing to be gained other than false confidence for guys who make runs when the bowlers dont care

Interested in some opinions on 'batting on' after the result is achieved?
I have noticed that the right spirit is employed most of the time, however some teams are serial offenders?

My opinion is if you are NOT going for the 10 pts, walk off and have a drink!

Nothing to be gained other than false confidence for guys who make runs when the bowlers dont care

Obviously referring to Lower Eltham. Looks like a couple of their batsmen were more interested in making themselves look good by boosting their averages rather than doing the right thing. Very poor form!

Obviously referring to Lower Eltham. Looks like a couple of their batsmen were more interested in making themselves look good by boosting their averages rather than doing the right thing. Very poor form!
yeah Lower Eltham have brought it my attention no doubt! But its no direct attack on them.

Their case is an interesting one, anyone think J Still would make 122* when the game is on?? given that he's never made a 50 before? anyway good on him

Couldn't agree more. Happy to bat on if a guy is close to a ton, or maybe 50 if they are not normally known to make runs, but batting all day like they did, in my eyes is very poor form and self indulgent to say the least.

In saying that, I'm led to believe there were words exchanged between captains that caused that batting on.

Couldn't agree more. Happy to bat on if a guy is close to a ton, or maybe 50 if they are not normally known to make runs, but batting all day like they did, in my eyes is very poor form and self indulgent to say the least.

In saying that, I'm led to believe there were words exchanged between captains that caused that batting on.
P
Harden up boys, if you get an opportunity to get your best players into form, inflict a bit of mental pain, why not, with the amount of washouts, percentage and form are critical. May have done it orhers and have it done to my team, if the bowlers don't want to try, send them off the ground, good test of character.

Looking at the Lower Eltham v North Eltham game, it seems as though Lower Eltham decided to bat their full 80 overs as a bit of match practice, so they didnt bat the 100 odd overs that they were entitled to, but I must admit I dont understand how teams can get shirty being kept out in the field, if you dont lke it then bat your 80 overs in the first place.

I've heard that North Eltham didnt help themselves by carrying on a bit when they dismissed Callum Still (not that I blame them) in dubious circumstances, but thats just hear say.

Jethro is more than a handy cricketer, i've seen him make big runs before (although not in Barclay) and he is the best fielder in the competition in my opinion, his catch in the Grand FInal last year was as good as you will see.

P
Harden up boys, if you get an opportunity to get your best players into form, inflict a bit of mental pain, why not, with the amount of washouts, percentage and form are critical. May have done it orhers and have it done to my team, if the bowlers don't want to try, send them off the ground, good test of character.

Are you joking? It doesn't happen in Premier cricket or first class cricket. The people who look stupid are the blokes who massage their egos by batting on. Lower Eltham should be ashamed.

Back