2022 Commonwealth Games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have watched some of it so far and it has been quite good to watch. I've always enjoyed the Commonwealth Games, certainly some talented athletes around for those countries within the Commonwealth.

Australia still leading the medal tally and also the overall tally, England are second with Canada moving to third place. Four days to go including today so still plenty of medals up for grabs.

Australia still leading the medal tally
..and we will defend our title too with a mere handful of events to go today.
Betting you did not know that when the Diamonds won the netball final, our gold medal tally ticked over to 1000 that we Aussies have won over the Games history. Pommies lagging well behind us in the 700s. Shows what amazing sporting DNA we have.

..and we will defend our title too with a mere handful of events to go today.
Betting you did not know that when the Diamonds won the netball final, our gold medal tally ticked over to 1000 that we Aussies have won over the Games history. Pommies lagging well behind us in the 700s. Shows what amazing sporting DNA we have.

I knew, it wasn;t mentioned on the telecast heading into the late Sunday night/Monday morning events that Australia could very well win their 1,000th Commonwealth Games gold medal. Great to hear in the morning that they got it done overnight.

Australia also won the Men's hockey final 7-0 against India tonight, taking the tally to 67 gold, 57 silver and 54 bronze for a total of 178 medals.

Australia also won the Men's hockey final 7-0 against India tonight,
That is a walloping! Yet to watch the replay. Our women tho fell to the Pommies.

We usually win the top medal count but to win it on Pommie home soil is especially sweet.

That is a walloping! Yet to watch the replay. Our women tho fell to the Pommies.

We usually win the top medal count but to win it on Pommie home soil is especially sweet.
Idi Amin once refused to attend the Commonwealth Games unless the Queen sent him a new pair of size 13 runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back