APS: 2007/08 Season

Re: APS: 2007/08 Season

I agree with that, Wesley have a strong unit this yr and could bat in any order. If it wasnt down to sum poor calling and running between the wickets we would have smashed scotch with ease. I people are tlkin about 1 man teams then look at scotch as from wat i saw only 1 of their players looked like they knew how to hold a bat and he batted well (mcmahon i think??). Also Wesley have had a very limited preseason with Aths commitments with some players only havin 1 net b4 yests game. Also due to the fact it was a praccy we let things slip in the last 10 overs to give a target to bat towards and if it was a real game then I think we wud have won by a much larger margin.

Also about the commitment to Wesley cricket im one of the new 'pommy imports' and the team spirit and commitment is as strong as any team i have played it.

wesley are a joke saying theyv smashed scotch with 3 balls to go in th egame your pretty fiuking dumb if u think thats smashed. umpires turned the game a bit enough said

what do u mean umps turning the game mate? by that i presume u mean them giving wides when wesley where bowling and not when scotch were bowling! get your facts right please fella! Also if you look at the facts which was that 3 out of 4 of our batsmen wer run out then pretty much scotch bowling wasnt up2 much as you only got one batsman out wid ur bowling. U will struggle this yr unless u improve ur bowling and look forward to playing you after christmas.

JAFRO2006;188348 said:
what do u mean umps turning the game mate? by that i presume u mean them giving wides when wesley where bowling and not when scotch were bowling! get your facts right please fella! Also if you look at the facts which was that 3 out of 4 of our batsmen wer run out then pretty much scotch bowling wasnt up2 much as you only got one batsman out wid ur bowling. U will struggle this yr unless u improve ur bowling and look forward to playing you after christmas.

Should decide 10th and 11th place !!!!!

Carey got done by Brighton today.. Not sure if Brighton had a full side but Carey pretty much did only really missing Chancellor.. Carey did give them 27 extras or something stupid.... Yoe and Potter are fantastic bowlers and Norbury hasn't failed with the bat yet..

skevs destroyed GGS.
skevs looked shaky to start with losing both openers early and battling through the spinners on a slow inconsistent pitch, but sum middle order resistance made sure we stayed in long enuf to make sum runs. the lower order made most of the runs as it got a bit easier, griffiths made 40, collier 21after hoppe (33) batted 3 and had to hang around with wickets falling around him.
skevs posted 158 on what was a slow wet outfield.
in reply ggs never looked like making the target, losing 3 quick wkts in the first 2 overs.
they were dismissed for 64 in a poor performance and seemed to lack any match winning players.
wkts for skevs were shared around griffiths 1, clancey 2, hoppe 2, turnbull 3, murphy 1, roberts 2 (ggs batted 12)
promising performance from the skevs bowlers but not a strong opposition.

Carey will be a lot better than last year with a lot of good youth coming through such as gaff, o hern, parker, mahon, crocker.

Pushfatwo;188241 said:
I have to say, Wesley won because of one man today. Ash Manus. This kid saved you with some help from Hamish Gairns and also some poor fielding, but overall, he stepped up when you needed him with bat and ball. An underrated player, good bloke and an asset to Wesleys purple outfit. He made the right decision to play for school.
What did ash do on friday. Does anyone know of his figures and how many he made. He was very close in telling the school to f off and play for his club team.
thanks

magnificent;188522 said:
What did ash do on friday. Does anyone know of his figures and how many he made. He was very close in telling the school to f off and play for his club team.
thanks

Ash bowled well in his first spell as first change and got the danger man no. 4 out (clayton i think). His second spell wasnt so gd tho and he got a bit of tap. He then opened the batting and ended up around 70 not out to see us to victory. Although not fluent batting he stuck around and showed good maturity. Dont think he will be playin for his club tho now somehow.

JAFRO2006;188338 said:
I agree with that, Wesley have a strong unit this yr and could bat in any order. If it wasnt down to sum poor calling and running between the wickets we would have smashed scotch with ease. I people are tlkin about 1 man teams then look at scotch as from wat i saw only 1 of their players looked like they knew how to hold a bat and he batted well (mcmahon i think??). Also Wesley have had a very limited preseason with Aths commitments with some players only havin 1 net b4 yests game. Also due to the fact it was a praccy we let things slip in the last 10 overs to give a target to bat towards and if it was a real game then I think we wud have won by a much larger margin.

Also about the commitment to Wesley cricket im one of the new 'pommy imports' and the team spirit and commitment is as strong as any team i have played it.

Yeah typical Wesley, make excuses to make people feel sorry for your poor school. It's not our fault that you had a limited preseason and your school can't organise training. Athletics does happen to be an APS sport which involves all APS schools, not just yours! Don't use athletics as an excuse mate because your school is woeful at the sport, so don't give us your stories of how you were all training, because you came like 10th in the aths. Only schools/athletes who take aths seriously can use it as an excuse for poor preparation. Wesley, you win one praccy match and think you're all gods heroes. You will probably call a whole school assembly on wednesday to celebrate. How about you start talking yourselves up when you start actually scoring points in the real season, and make up for all the points you have missed out on in the past 5 years.

is MO Clayton actually good? i mean clearly he can play (state 17's) but is he actaully good and does he give a ********. Againt wes, he edged the ball through his legs then MISSED a fully on off peg, which should have been sent into the grand stand, and that was the end of that. He obviously cant bowl, H. gairns sent the long ball over the sight screen off his bowling.

ps How The ******** are people on the boundry gonna now if he hit it or not, and these people speak of were obviosly scotchies, completly unbias though yh:rolleyes:

bobjimsim;188807 said:
is MO Clayton actually good? i mean clearly he can play (state 17's) but is he actaully good and does he give a ********. Againt wes, he edged the ball through his legs then MISSED a fully on off peg, which should have been sent into the grand stand, and that was the end of that. He obviously cant bowl, H. gairns sent the long ball over the sight screen off his bowling.

ps How The ******** are people on the boundry gonna now if he hit it or not, and these people speak of were obviosly scotchies, completly unbias though yh:rolleyes:

I agree!

mate he has had 3 hits this yr. he made 56 off 30 balls in the first one then 119 off 98. u cant tell me that someone makes runs everytime they play. they hav to fail sometimes. and as for his bowling. he isnt even really a bowler. scotch make him bowl spin coz they dnt hav anyone else.

Sharkies;188868 said:
mate he has had 3 hits this yr. he made 56 off 30 balls in the first one then 119 off 98. u cant tell me that someone makes runs everytime they play. they hav to fail sometimes. and as for his bowling. he isnt even really a bowler. scotch make him bowl spin coz they dnt hav anyone else.

They should take some of Carey's spinners.. We are built on spinners

Back