APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

pupisgod;213969 said:
then wat would ur side be?

i cbf doin a team, i dont know the comp well enough to know every good player from every school, but i know ur batting team is no where near as good as it could be, as well as ur allrounder, very average

1.Lynch (HC) - may be arrogant but has scored several 50's at the top this season
2.Kitchen (GC) - All class and has done just enough to make the team
3.Curtain (XC) - Another class act who has scored runs consistently
4.Shaw (MGS) - 2 tons and has lead an unbeaten team
5.Thomas (MGS) - Hard hitting middle order bat with a few 50's in quick time, best striker in the comp
6.Macmillan (SC) - 2 tons 2 50's, and a very good gloveman, he's a no brainer
7. Cross (XC) - run machine and good field, 400+ for the year
8. Martin (HC) - good bowler and handy with the bat, earned his spot
9. Bett (MGS) - what do we need to say 40 wickets says it all
10.Voyage (MGS) - underrated workhorse who has taken 25-30 wickets
11.Clancey (St K) - has held the Skevs attack together with some brilliant spells has taken 30+ wickets @ not too many

12th man: Skelton (GGS) very good talent who has the highest score in the aps this year (156 v Scotch) has also taken 20 wickets opening the bowling. Very stiff not to get a gig.

fiskem...solid team but... what about ree-goodings?? is there possibly a spot for him as the 13th man??

alex keath MUST be in any aps team, with the exception of cross he has made the most runs in the aps - as a year 10!

he has made about 390 runs with a round to go, from 8 hits

shawrys made about 350, from 9 hits

rich has made about 300/350 for season from 8 hits

Skelton, Karageorgiou and Keath all go in ahead of Lynch, hasn't quite done enough

Bowlers: bett clearly spinner, clancey clearly bowler. Voyage, Handel and Martin all to fight it out for remaining to bowling spots.

Martin probs doesn't quite have the wickets of the other two, but has made runs to compensate.

eric the eel;213996 said:
alex keath MUST be in any aps team, with the exception of cross he has made the most runs in the aps - as a year 10!

he has made about 390 runs with a round to go, from 8 hits

shawrys made about 350, from 9 hits

rich has made about 300/350 for season from 8 hits

cross has made 370 runs, so hes the same as all ur mgs kids, mgs people are so bias its ridiculous

I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the team. If you even checked my team you would see that cross is in there most definitely, along with curtain. I even omitted voyage from mgs (who others have) to be replaced by others. My team was based purely on my recollection of statistics, not personal loyalties. I was merely making the point that keath, shaw and thomas all deserve spots. It is not biased/arrogant or any crap you want to call it - the figures show that it is the truth.

eric the eel;214019 said:
I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the team. If you even checked my team you would see that cross is in there most definitely, along with curtain. I even omitted voyage from mgs (who others have) to be replaced by others. My team was based purely on my recollection of statistics, not personal loyalties. I was merely making the point that keath, shaw and thomas all deserve spots. It is not biased/arrogant or any crap you want to call it - the figures show that it is the truth.

you said with the exception of cross, now if cross has made more than all of the mgs boys u noted except one, and u would have the mgs boys in ahead of him, how is that not bias, and u are clearly from mgs

eric the eel;213069 said:
Karageorgiou
Thomas
Curtain
Shaw
Keath
MacMillan
Cross/kitchen - would open if in side (swap with thomas)
Considine
Martin
Bett
Handel

Cross - is there at 6. No bias there

Well in fact all my comments are aligned to exactly the same contention that cross should be there as well as keath, thomas, shaw - all my aps team posts will prove this

Isn't that what BigCricket is designed for?
To blow up the tyres of yourselves and others.
That's all I use it for.

Eric is spot on. Cross should be in the team and would've deserved it for a stellar season. Centuries are a rarity in the game and should be rewarded.
As for Keath, Voyage and Thomas; the APS team is renowned for picking only one or two guys from each school, so it might be tough for them to fit in with Shaw and Bett, but you're right, they do deserve a spot.

agreed Tycoon, that is what the majority of people on this website do and is part of the fun of it all. I will most definitely admit mgs do it BUT only joking around like talking up charles shaw's bowling that clearly is not intimidating. Having said that, I am not at all attempting to do that here, but obviously LE hasn't got the message yet.
LE Blank you must have to be cross, otherwise you wouldn't be getting youself in a huff over something small like that, be thankful you're even in the team

I think he might once he sees Cross has made the APS team.
I can't wait for this team to be released so it can dispel all this talk.
When can Tycoon be relieved?

it's just a bit of harmless fun. Obviously its not the principle reason for the site, but it's good fun nonetheless

eric the eel;214045 said:
it's just a bit of harmless fun. Obviously its not the principle reason for the site, but it's good fun nonetheless

Fun and banter is fine, as long as it doesn't turn into unsubstantiated abuse. As long as things stay within the rules, you can all enjoy your time here.

And tell your friends about BigCricket!! We're always on the lookout for new members for the APS board. @|

LE blank;214004 said:
cross has made 370 runs, so hes the same as all ur mgs kids, mgs people are so bias its ridiculous

And he has been dropped about 8 times so his runs dont really count....

eric the eel;214028 said:
agreed Tycoon, that is what the majority of people on this website do and is part of the fun of it all. I will most definitely admit mgs do it BUT only joking around like talking up charles shaw's bowling that clearly is not intimidating. Having said that, I am not at all attempting to do that here, but obviously LE hasn't got the message yet.
LE Blank you must have to be cross, otherwise you wouldn't be getting youself in a huff over something small like that, be thankful you're even in the team

i wish i was cross, i play seconds, i just hate reputation and bias, its means so much in cricket and in my view it ruines the selection in most teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back