APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

dishies;214280 said:
oh yeah obviously done on reputation.... no pattinson, no josh griffths...
your a tool chancellor and ur just a sore loser cause u didnt get a gig

haha good call .. thort keith was very unlucky tho

Sharkies;214274 said:
The Actual Team... named tday.

1. M Wakefield
2. P Karageorgiou
3. S Kitchen
4. J Macmillan
5. C Shaw (c)
6. H Gairns
7. B Skelton
8. J Considine
9. M. Gross (vc)
10.A Potter
11.R Handel
12. J Bett
EMG. R Thomas

how do you know this?

Sharkies;214286 said:
got told it at trainig 2nite... wen we were told who was in from our team

they wouldnt tell you who from other schools made it, in my opinion, this team is fake, and if this is true, i think alot of people should be dissapointed, its pretty much just a list of the captains of each side

trust me mate its true i've seen the sheet it's all formal and correct

sheet was given out to the player from our school who made it

jokers;214295 said:
trust me mate its true i've seen the sheet it's all formal and correct

sheet was given out to the player from our school who made it

well in my opinion its a bul******** team, and the aps have got it horribly wrong

team is a bit of bullsh1t, skelton is crap (made one score), kitchen hasnt made many runs this year (can bat though), surely clancey has performed a lot better than gross, considine hasnt had the best year and gairns is terrible but is wesley's only player. Also havent seen much of robbie handel so cant comment.
Big players who should be dissapointed are:
Clancey (SKC) - Very good swing bowler who has regulary taken wickets.
Chancellor (CAREY) - has consistenly made runs with a big 100 against HC.
Martin (HC) - performed quite well throughout the year.

What does everyone else think?

clancey is the most unlucky player in the aps...to take 30 wickets and not make the side is an absolute joke...more than both potter and grose. Side picked on reputation...no attention to stats

LE blank;214297 said:
well in my opinion its a bul******** team, and the aps have got it horribly wrong

i agree the team is complete bullsh*t i was jst saying its tru

Ok, one thing is certain that this is, by no means, the best PERFORMING group of players from this season.

It has not been selected based on statistics, but heresay and a vague recollection of statistics from only 3 schools. The system of selection is clearly inaccurate or policy is subject to certain requirements: note that players from every school (except brighton which never really had a standout anyway) are present. Clearly this is requirement for selection.

As a result, 2nd or 3rd best players from some schools who have PERFORMED better than the best players of other schools miss out. Keath, Thomas, Cross, Curtain are all top scoring batsmen this year - certainly more than many of the players picked.

If you think the team was selected by reputation - you are wrong

Also, something else against Keath, Curtain etc. is age. It is obvious that year 12s have been given priority where possible, which the exception of macmillan, bett who are no-brainers, as selectors would see this as a nice send-off whilst yr 11s, 10s have that chance to make it in next year that the others do not. In a way I can see that this is right.

Also, maybe captains have been given priority - wakefield went ahead of martin, considine ahead of cross and curtain, grosse, shaw, gairns to name a few. Having said the places of some there are right.
In the end, the APS team shouldn't really matter at all - you play APS cricket for your individual school. In spite of that, it is disappointing when this team is put up on the pedastool of being the best group of players in the APS, when it most definately isn't. Performance should be primary justification for selection, not other stuff.

Kudos to those who made it - well deserved.

The people who choose that team probs only saw the players who made it have their good day. For instance they were probably there for gairnzings ton.

eric the eel;214303 said:
Ok, one thing is certain that this is, by no means, the best PERFORMING group of players from this season.

It has not been selected based on statistics, but heresay and a vague recollection of statistics from only 3 schools. The system of selection is clearly inaccurate or policy is subject to certain requirements: note that players from every school (except brighton which never really had a standout anyway) are present. Clearly this is requirement for selection.

As a result, 2nd or 3rd best players from some schools who have PERFORMED better than the best players of other schools miss out. Keath, Thomas, Cross, Curtain are all top scoring batsmen this year - certainly more than many of the players picked.

If you think the team was selected by reputation - you are wrong

Also, something else against Keath, Curtain etc. is age. It is obvious that year 12s have been given priority where possible, which the exception of macmillan, bett who are no-brainers, as selectors would see this as a nice send-off whilst yr 11s, 10s have that chance to make it in next year that the others do not. In a way I can see that this is right.

Also, maybe captains have been given priority - wakefield went ahead of martin, considine ahead of cross and curtain, grosse, shaw, gairns to name a few. Having said the places of some there are right.
In the end, the APS team shouldn't really matter at all - you play APS cricket for your individual school. In spite of that, it is disappointing when this team is put up on the pedastool of being the best group of players in the APS, when it most definately isn't. Performance should be primary justification for selection, not other stuff.

Kudos to those who made it - well deserved.

I agree Eric - congratulations to those who were selected. But -

My view - Wakefield is in the top few in the APS so is automatic. The MGS boys all deserve it. Loorham was a shoe in - just based on what he has done. Considine was luck ybecause he isnt in the best 5 batters at Xavier. Curtain wasnt unlucky because he bats down the order and gets easy opportunities. Made some in the U18 comp up the order so can bat. Clancy is a top player as is Grffiths. Grosse is a top player so deserves a spot. Cant say Cross is unlucky as he is just lucky. Chancellor deserves a spot also.

Cams;214314 said:

My view - Wakefield is in the top few in the APS so is automatic. The MGS boys all deserve it. Loorham was a shoe in - just based on what he has done. Considine was luck ybecause he isnt in the best 5 batters at Xavier. Curtain wasnt unlucky because he bats down the order and gets easy opportunities. Made some in the U18 comp up the order so can bat. Clancy is a top player as is Grffiths. Grosse is a top player so deserves a spot. Cant say Cross is unlucky as he is just lucky. Chancellor deserves a spot also.

wat would u know goss, u dont even play ones

Cams;214314 said:

it is ridiculous to say Loohrum was a shoe in. Yes he has played at an extremely high level of cricket. but to a certain extent - you must go on stats. Mcmillan looked as if he was more accomplished behind the stumps than loohrum and more interested with the bat. Yes loohrum may not be interested because its only 'APS' cricket. but wat sort of attitude is that? he cannot make a run and asa a keeper is no better than 3 or 4 APS keepers at the moment. not deserving of an APS spot this year but if he gets his mind right would surely be up there in 08/09.

Priority should be given to year 12's.....to an extent. Although Keath has made almost 400 runs, he has got 2 years left, and there are plently of capable APS batsman. there was no alternative spinner for Bett and 40 wickets deserves a spot. Mcmillan is the same, no alternative.
A good side and clancey the most unlucky of the lot - but year 11.

There is no way that Keath shouldnt be in the team as he is the heart of the MGS batting lineup, Coleman from HC should definatly be in the side, but curtain has been struggling recently......... Players such as Clancy and Voyage shouldnt be in the team as they bowl slow rubbish....and only get their wickets from bad shots.........

:confused:
Sharkies;214274 said:
The Actual Team... named tday.

1. M Wakefield
2. P Karageorgiou
3. S Kitchen
4. J Macmillan
5. C Shaw (c)
6. H Gairns
7. B Skelton
8. J Considine
9. M. Gross (vc)
10.A Potter
11.R Handel
12. J Bett
EMG. R Thomas

interesting line up........
potter?? he bowled pretty well against us.. i dont know what his stats are...anyone help me out?
Handel definitly...
Clancy would be the most unlucky....
grose deserves it..... because he creates wickets with his pressure and areas he bowls. skelton would be the only other to question i would think, but still 156 vs scotch and 20 wickets doesnt give anyone much of a case to argue against him

Another Question is who is going to keep?

Wakefield and Macmillan are gun keepers and then there is Kitchen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back