APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: APS: Team of the Year 2007-08

FioraDud;212836 said:
this is going on what i've seen of players- not stats

It is absolute sh*t that you are picking these players on wat u have seen, there is no chance u have seen all of these players bat extensively, and therefore this is just a team that is picked on reputation, which means absolute sh*t, your just another ************** who knows nothing

LE blank;213255 said:
It is absolute sh*t that you are picking these players on wat u have seen, there is no chance u have seen all of these players bat extensively, and therefore this is just a team that is picked on reputation, which means absolute sh*t, your just another ************** who knows nothing

take a deep breath mate. everything is going to be ok.. no need for anger.

keep your cool :cool:

coast to coast;213042 said:
i reakon that team will be right on the money... a few schools without a rep, is there any un-writen rules about spreading the award?

talk about stackin it with mgs blokes u biased **************

eric the eel;213069 said:
I think a few people are adding names because of reputation and rep sides made...(griffith)

but here is my possible line-up, from vague recollection of stats:

Karageorgiou
Thomas
Curtain
Shaw
Keath
MacMillan
Cross/kitchen - would open if in side (swap with thomas)
Considine
Martin
Bett
Handel

12th man - ALAN 'Baaaarrrisss' SOMBOBA/ will 'dickle' holland/ louis 'wanna make a bloody bet on it??!!' cameron

13th (wo)man - megstar

14th man - Tambo

Others to throw in the mix/unlucky:

Clancey - flies under the radar, but has taken a lot of wickets
Lynch - dare I say it - he has made a few, patto - made a few earlier in the season, max wakefield - also a better keeper than macmillan and has made some)
kitchen - could easily be in the team, but has had 2 scores for the year but then a run of not many
Michael Singh - an outsider, put probs wont make it - saw he took a 5fa back a while ago, but not sure how he has gone after that...
dunnel for entertainment value

considine out clancey in and youve got yourself a team, you have to reward him hes taken over 30 wickets in a side that has struggled otherwise

Karageorgiou
Thomas
Curtain
Shaw
Keath
MacMillan
Considine
Martin
Bett
Handel

There doesnt seem to be many bowlers here... you have martin handel bett and i dont think considine bowls... agree with fiskem. clancey should be in with 30+ wickets...

When does the side get announced and what schools are responsible for picking it this year?

I think a few people are adding names because of reputation and rep sides made...(griffith)

but here is my possible line-up, from vague recollection of stats:

Karageorgiou
Thomas
Curtain
Shaw
Keath
MacMillan
Considine
Martin
Bett
Handel

12th man - ALAN 'Baaaarrrisss' SOMBOBA/ will 'dickle' holland/ louis 'wanna make a bloody bet on it??!!' cameron

13th (wo)man - megstar

14th man - Tambo

Others to throw in the mix/unlucky:

Clancey - flies under the radar, but has taken a lot of wickets
Lynch - dare I say it - he has made a few, patto - made a few earlier in the season, max wakefield - also a better keeper than macmillan and has made some)
kitchen - could easily be in the team, but has had 2 scores for the year but then a run of not many
Michael Singh - an outsider, put probs wont make it - saw he took a 5fa back a while ago, but not sure how he has gone after that...
dunnel for entertainment value

Karageorgiou for Kitchen.
Considine for Clancey.
Keath for Chancellor.
And keep both Thomas and Cross in the team and it looks like a pretty handy XI.

APS team in batting order

1. Karageorgiou: in the side as the opener, has had a solid year without being spectacular.

2. Macmillian: Probs shouldnt open but will in my side. great year with the bat and behind the stumps.

3. Curtain: the evertalented batsmen whom never seems to fail although is missing a big score this year.

4. Shaw: Stunning year batted and lead well, bats 4 and will captain the side.

5. Keath: solid year with the bat, keeps together the middle order and plays smart, also a great asset in the field with his bullet arm.

6. Chancellor: up and down year but has shown once he gets a start he can make scores. adds some excitment in the middle order and can score quickly.

7. Considine: While he hasnt had the best year stats wise, he gets his spot as the allrounder. chips in with reliable runs and tidy overs, also leads and feidls well.

8. Bett: Standout player of the year, the best bolwer by a long shot and extremly handy with the bat.

9. Martin: taken plenty of wickets and shown when he puts his mind to it he can really play this game. Has also chipped in with runs and his slinging action could prove tricky to those whom havent seen. it.

10: Clancey: Standout of the quicks for mine this year, taken wickets and has stayed tight all year, deserves his spot.

11. Potter: many will disagree with this but the stats say carey has been close to the best bowling attack this year. Perhaps not the wicket taking qualities of the other bowlers but guarantess u a couple of wickets for not many. Close to the most consistent bowler in the aps perhaps controversial but with an average of 15 and economy just over 2 hard to argue him out.

12th man. Dicky Thomas, the xcitement with the bat, bowls handy chinamens and will really appreciate the free feed.

Pupisgod = robbie chancellor, how dare u place urself in that team ahead of Richie Thomas. Richie Thomas smashed 43 off 20 balls at CAREY!!! 90 off 66 the week before. He is a superstar and u will never be even half as good as him. How dare u claim to b a fast scoring batsmen, robbie. No1 at Carey has a strike rate over 35 and u bowl trash. CAN PEOPLE STOP TALKIN THEMSELVES UP!!!!

mate wat are u doing, talking ur players up and being bias as! how many games has thomas played previously in the first? wouldnt say superstar, hes a very talented player who hits the ball as clean as any but he bats like a hero and doesnt care bout the result. i like richie and i though u mgs boys were better blokes then this obviously not. and dw i no chance bowls trash but our superstar yeo was injured so he stepped up and did get a break through. would like to see richies seasons stats?

We are not talking him up, we are stating what he is. He is by a country mile, the most talented player in the comp. And over the years he hs played some scintillating innings. When mgs were 4/20 against scotch this year, he came out and played a chanceless knock that was daylight robbery - 90 from 60 odd balls on a seaming pitch. Robbie, the only reason you have played so many first games is because carey have been so poor in the past it hasn't been difficult to break into the side as a bat. mgs, however, have been at the top end of the table for at least the past 3 years, and have had notoriously strong batting line-ups, rich was the first player out of the mgs team at the moment to break into the 1st - a year of vance, sartori that had particularly strong batting. He also a very very good bowler

he looked good went i sent him over his head for six!, no dont get me wrong dicky is a good player ive played cricket with him for years from eca under 12'a to hatch and so on, and i agree he does deserve to be in that side over me, but dont talk him up to be a player he isnt, and i cant hardly beleive dicky playing a chanceless innings! and in all honesty he isnt that great a bowler but i spose thats compared to bett who is an absolute freak. But u boys have snapped a bit quickly here, merely a suggested side and all of a sudden its personal relax, if u no me u no im not looking for a fight rather a laugh

pupisgod;213922 said:
APS team in batting order

1. Karageorgiou: in the side as the opener, has had a solid year without being spectacular.

2. Macmillian: Probs shouldnt open but will in my side. great year with the bat and behind the stumps.

3. Curtain: the evertalented batsmen whom never seems to fail although is missing a big score this year.

4. Shaw: Stunning year batted and lead well, bats 4 and will captain the side.

5. Keath: solid year with the bat, keeps together the middle order and plays smart, also a great asset in the field with his bullet arm.

6. Chancellor: up and down year but has shown once he gets a start he can make scores. adds some excitment in the middle order and can score quickly.

7. Considine: While he hasnt had the best year stats wise, he gets his spot as the allrounder. chips in with reliable runs and tidy overs, also leads and feidls well.

8. Bett: Standout player of the year, the best bolwer by a long shot and extremly handy with the bat.

9. Martin: taken plenty of wickets and shown when he puts his mind to it he can really play this game. Has also chipped in with runs and his slinging action could prove tricky to those whom havent seen. it.

10: Clancey: Standout of the quicks for mine this year, taken wickets and has stayed tight all year, deserves his spot.

11. Potter: many will disagree with this but the stats say carey has been close to the best bowling attack this year. Perhaps not the wicket taking qualities of the other bowlers but guarantess u a couple of wickets for not many. Close to the most consistent bowler in the aps perhaps controversial but with an average of 15 and economy just over 2 hard to argue him out.

12th man. Dicky Thomas, the xcitement with the bat, bowls handy chinamens and will really appreciate the free feed.

this is a joke, you cant put people in there who have had a solid year, u need superstars with big scores, kitchen is better than half of these batsmen, and he has a ton, other than people who are just solid with no big scores, ur a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back