Australia in New Zealand

Re: Australia in New Zealand

Difference between abusing someone and losing control of a team. Obviously that has passed over your head.

The proof is in the pudding I guess, I remember watching the team during that CH series in 2007. We scored 300+ in all 3 games and they were all chased down, we had umpires giving no-balls for too many fieldsmen outside the circle, you had guys running around the field like headless chooks.

Hussey isn't suitable to be captain because he is just hyper.

Ponting is a decent captain, his not great - his record precludes him from that status, however he is far better then most people would have you believe.

The 2nd ODI in Auckland is being played at Eden Park, another rugby ground and therefore small boundaries.

It is therefore unsurprising that since 2000, 76% of matchs have been won by the team chasing.

It is very difficult to defend scores on small grounds, it will be interesting to see what happens at the toss tomorrow.

Ponting will bat first, the first 5 will collapse for nothing but the tail scores 300 runs between them and a record of 450 runs is made in an ODI.

New Zealand then chase it down.

My prediction :D

Agree with the commentators, take the bloody power play. White is starting to hit out, why not bring the field up whilst he is in?

*edit - White out caught..

NZ need to start strong.. The middle order seem to be very inexperienced, if Aussies run through them, the game is theirs.

Well, out of nowhere Harris and Johnson smash into the kiwis and grab 3 wickets, Harris was bowling beautifully, as was Johnson.

Credit to Ponting to get Johnson into it so early, Bollinger just looked a bit ratteld after McCullum was swinging at everything.

NZ 43/3

This D/L system makes no sense to me. So they reduced the game by 5 overs and only shaved off 8 runs from the target needed.

Aussies played at run rate of 5.46, which means that they would have made about 23 odd runs in those 5 overs , so the target should be more around 250 to be fair to the chasing side.

I think shaving 8 runs off the target was because New Zealand had lost 3 wickets.

It is complicated, but from memory how many wickets you lose before the rain comes influences what target your up against.

NZ were something like 3-40 when the rain came, therefore deducting lots of runs off the target to compensate for the loss of 5 overs will unfairly benefit New Zealand when they are on the ropes.

So you lose 5 overs, but only a few runs.

You have less overs to get them in... but comparitively more wickets.

They would have been able to start hitting out an over or two earlier without the extra risk and as such 8 runs is about right.

Anyone see Luke Sparrow the mad aussie fan at the ground? Has been following Australia play cricket around the world for years, from memory I think he started in the 96 World Cup.

When Johnson had the NZ keeper caught in the deep he let out a big roar as celebration, promting AB to say "Shane Watson celebrates, as only he can". It would be awesome if one day when Watson gets an important wicket he lets out that roar, and then rips his short down the middle like Hollywood Hogan does in the Wrestling.

LIONS then DAYLIGHT;391242 said:
When Johnson had the NZ keeper caught in the deep he let out a big roar as celebration, promting AB to say "Shane Watson celebrates, as only he can". It would be awesome if one day when Watson gets an important wicket he lets out that roar, and then rips his short down the middle like Hollywood Hogan does in the Wrestling.

That's something I would pay to see :D

That means he would have number 3 and 4 worst wicket celebrations I have seen. Nobody beats Sreesanth and Harbajhan yet for me :D

Boris;391257 said:
That's something I would pay to see :D

That means he would have number 3 and 4 worst wicket celebrations I have seen. Nobody beats Sreesanth and Harbajhan yet for me :D

I actually ment his shirt, rather then his shorts.

It would be awesome, Watson takes an important wicket, then rips his shirt in celebration.

Back