Australia In South Africa 2014

Who will win the Test series?

• South Africa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was just about nodding off towards the end of the game when it was starting to drift away then couldn't get to sleep after the excitement of Harris knocking them over hehe.

Wow what a series. Truly the two top teams grinding it out. I would think most teams would be looking carefully and hoping they are not next in the order to play either team. Though the series against Pakistan could be a cracker.

Gee what a win by Australia there. They tried and tried and tried and eventually got there thanks to some Harris brilliance. Ryano could barely walk at the start of play and ends up bowling 25 in the second innings. Absolute gun player, wish he was five years younger.

Interesting. I haven't seen enough of him to a have a solid opinion about his ability but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

It's just my opinion. But I've seen enough of Philander to suggest he doesn't have much when things aren't going his way. The series was played on generally fairly flat decks with maybe a little bit of help in them and he averaged seven wickets at 51.71 with an economy rate of 3.70. Duminy had a better average and took the same amount of wickets.

So, after a day of defiance, and then asked to last 5overs/20 minutes, Morkel lasts just two balls?

He is indeed a turd inhuman form :mad::rolleyes:

Morkel isn't the best batsman, averaged 1.8 for the series and his career average is just under 12.

Heard from a mate the other day, that Graeme Smith faced 13 balls from Mitch Johnson and was out four times. Fair strike rate that.

I was just about nodding off towards the end of the game when it was starting to drift away then couldn't get to sleep after the excitement of Harris knocking them over hehe.

I was watching at work and feeling sick. Johnson bowled an over where Philander had no right to still be out there and I thought 'that's it we are done for'. Horrible. Thought about turning it off, but couldn't do it. Then the charging Rhino came on and bam, bam. it was done. Unbelievable.

You look at Shaun Marsh's record. The two tons he scored, one was on debut, and the other after a long spell away. Both innings would've had less expected of him than the others. I wonder if his results, accounting for injury, are a reflection that he can't hack it when the expectation is put on him?

I know he can't in long format cricket but then he plays for my Shield team. There is not a more frustrating player in Aus cricket.

T20 on tonight, should be able to stay up and watch most of it. Mitchell Johnson has been sent home to rest iirc.

They reckon rain will be an issue for tonight's match and the 3rd game as well! Starting at midnight here I couldn't watch anyway but it's not ideal preperation for either side with the T20 World Cup coming up.

Some nice striking from Warner continuing his stellar form and Hodge with a cool head in the final clearing the rope twice enough to see Australia home.

Strange that Hodge got MOM, surely it had to be Warner.

Yeah I thought so too, Warner got the team into a position to win the game and Hodge finished it off. I guess they rated his hitting better in the last over.

Back