Australia In South Africa 2014

Who will win the Test series?

• South Africa

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Australia

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Finally a wicket albeit the night-watchman Abbott.

I reckon there is no greater sight in the game of cricket seeing a ball left and then the off-stump sent cartwheeling out of the ground.

If you had a beer every time they mention the Adelaide drawn Test I reckon you would be dead by the end of they day. Come on, gotta break this partnership!

Is the lack of seam movement making it difficult for Vernon or is he off his game?

Even though Philander has a great average so far in his career, I've never really rated the guy. He bowls at 130 km/hr and is useless when there is no swing or seam.

This series is evidence of that, some of the decks have forced the bowlers to work hard for their wickets when they haven't had a lot of assistance, now that he doesn't have that he's struggled to take wickets and is consequently getting spanked to all parts. His bowling average has gone above 20 now as well which is evidence of that.

6/168 now, touch over 38 overs left in the day. Run rate for this innings a yawn inducing 1.66 per over. Nathan Lyon has 0/10 off 19 overs, 14 maidens in there too.

Smith gets du Plessis. Tossed up, some dip and drift and du Plessis is hit dead in front after playing for too much turn.

7/173, Duminy still there on 14.

And that's tea. 7/201, Duminy on 22, Philander on 16. Vernon has swung the bat a bit since coming out.

33 overs left in the day also.

Gee, even the commentators are ripping into the kiwis. Philander gets hit in the ribs from a Pattinson short ball and begins to rub them. Commentator says if he was from New Zealand he would rub his rub. :D

7/217, 27 overs left. Duminy 29, Philander 24.

YES! And Harris gets the job done knocking over Steyn and then Morkel. Looked just about gone there for awhile, great victory.

Even though Philander has a great average so far in his career, I've never really rated the guy. He bowls at 130 km/hr and is useless when there is no swing or seam.

This series is evidence of that, some of the decks have forced the bowlers to work hard for their wickets when they haven't had a lot of assistance, now that he doesn't have that he's struggled to take wickets and is consequently getting spanked to all parts. His bowling average has gone above 20 now as well which is evidence of that.

Interesting. I haven't seen enough of him to a have a solid opinion about his ability but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Back