Australia In Sril Lanka 2011

WOW what a disappointing day. We need to look at today and find some answers as to what we need in a hard spot.

Think Hughes might be gone soon, SS. The dropping of Katich is making the former selectors look very silly indeed.

WOW what a disappointing day. We need to look at today and find some answers as to what we need in a hard spot.

You can't blame the bowlers too much. The experienced batsmen really let us down in the first innings and SSC is renowned for the Lankies wrack up runs. They haven't really got away in terms of rr and it is a horribly flat pitch.

Of course with pressure of trying to save a game and some deterioration helping the spin bowlers, I'm sure it will be more dicey to bat on the fourth and fifth days.

Sigh.

OOP's they got a few. Well time to settle in and bat out the draw in a strong way. Good chance for Hughs to show his ability.

That's Hughes set fair for the summer then. We and he needed him to make that score.

Isn't the SSC a bloody flat pitch though? Mahela has a phenomenal record there, which has somewhat lessened my opinion of him. It's like someone who has scored a third of his tons at Adelaide. It's hardly that impressing when you see what the wicket is.

It is more like if you don't score a ton there what's your problem. I was great for Hughs to hit a ton and yes that will see him secure his spot for the summer. It maybe a flat pitch but it was under pressure when we needed an innings to save the match and win the series. Plenty still to be done by the rest of the team but he has done his bit. The key for him now is consistency, he needs a run of reasonable scores showing some form not a run of rubbish followed by a ton.

The very second inning we needed. Well done Clarke a good captains innings. We will see how the summer goes with india be solidly beaten in England but SA first.

Good innings from both Hughes and Clarke, it's good to see they've got some fight in them when the pressure was on them to score.

It was an interesting tour. The next one will be even more so. I'm very curous to see how this batting line-up goes against a good attack.

Back