Australia vs England - The Ashes 2021/22

Advantage Australia after the first couple of days. They were all over England on the first day and had the upper hand for most of the second day aside from a period in the middle of the day's play where England took four fairly quick wickets. England haven't bowled all that well and haven't fielded too well either while Australia have been able to mostly punish England's errors.

The lead is 196 at the moment and you'd think Australia would want a lead of at least 250. The current pair at the crease will be the key, Head counterattacked well today and Starc can bat so those two will need to do most of the heavy lifting tomorrow with the willow to help build the lead further.

Is it just me or is Harris not a Test standard opener?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

I agree, I don't rate him. Averages under 23 at test level now after today's innings. I imagine he'll get a fair crack at it but he'll need to score runs soon. I personally feel Bryce Street or Henry Hunt will be a chance to come in should Harris not cement his spot.

That is handy. Saves you doing the drudgery.

Poms are in disarray. Word is Stokes is injured.
They have at least sent Marnus back to the sheds. Had a century for the taking.

Stokes looked injured today, some sort of leg problem. He would have to be in some doubt now for the next game in Adelaide.

To be fair, CA have generally shafted the WACA a lot in recent times which doesn't really help their cause, particularly with the public's opinion of them at the moment. Not playing test matches in one of the world's best stadiums is rather disappointing and fans here have somewhat had enough of being treated in such a way. While this occasion was self inflicted, not getting a test for the Indian series last summer was poor and the replacement game being Afghanistan was just insulting. You've got to add to that the lack of ODI and T20 Internationals here at times, ODI's that start at 11:20am with some Scorchers' home games beginning at 4:10pm which is exceptionally inconvenient.

I do agree that it is disapointing for the fans here as it's an Ashes test that we'll miss out on. I have no doubt that the stadium could have got 50k plus to the opening couple of days of the game with good crowds on the following days afterwards. Hopefully things will be sorted for the following summer although I anticipate we'll probably get a West Indies test rather than a South African one.

I agree with all of the above.

Advantage Australia after the first couple of days. They were all over England on the first day and had the upper hand for most of the second day aside from a period in the middle of the day's play where England took four fairly quick wickets. England haven't bowled all that well and haven't fielded too well either while Australia have been able to mostly punish England's errors.

The lead is 196 at the moment and you'd think Australia would want a lead of at least 250. The current pair at the crease will be the key, Head counterattacked well today and Starc can bat so those two will need to do most of the heavy lifting tomorrow with the willow to help build the lead further.

I agree, I don't rate him. Averages under 23 at test level now after today's innings. I imagine he'll get a fair crack at it but he'll need to score runs soon. I personally feel Bryce Street or Henry Hunt will be a chance to come in should Harris not cement his spot.

Stokes looked injured today, some sort of leg problem. He would have to be in some doubt now for the next game in Adelaide.
TJ Stokes was little more than a passenger. He could not bowl so why was he not substituted..

I see a 250 lead as a bonus as IMO we are already driving the match thanks to Head's counter punching knock yesterday. I have always said his forte is limited overs cricket and he showed us why with a white ball like assault similar to Stokes in Ashes 2019.

Last edited:
Poms 2nd X1 not traveling any better than their Test boys. 103 in reply to AUS A's 215

Last edited:
England battling back thanks to a helpful track today. Big question is why did Josh Hazlewood only bowl two spells and nothing in the final session when England were gaining some ascendancy. Only 58 behind us now and with Joe Root still in so little chance for a innings win.

Last edited:
Certainly England's day on day three despite Australia building a lead of 278 runs. The pitch is certainly better to bat on but England batted well regardless while Australia didn't bowl as well as they would have liked.

The first session tomorrow will be the key, England will want to get through none down while Australia will be hunting early wickets. New ball is available in 10 overs which will also be a factor as well while we should get a full day's play in again with sunny conditions expected for day four.

TJ Stokes was little more than a passenger. He could not bowl so why was he not substituted..

I see a 250 lead as a bonus as IMO we are already driving the match thanks to Head's counter punching knock yesterday. I have always said his forte is limited overs cricket and he showed us why with a white ball like assault similar to Stokes in Ashes 2019.

I can only imagine they didn't want Stokes off the ground unless they absolutely needed him to bowl. He bowled on day three so it seems he can still send down some overs if needed.

Anderson was rested I hear but there were rumours of a calf issue so I imagine the ECB erred on the side of caution and rested him. Broad wasn't picked in favour of Jack Leach which has proven to be the wrong call thus far.
It wasn't a bad call actually.
Resting the older brigade and playing the youngsters is actually a good idea.
England need to try a few things.
Would love to see Joe Root open the batting for them and Rory Burns being dropped down the order just so he can find his feet.

The first session tomorrow will be the key, England will want to get through none down while Australia will be hunting early wickets.

Brilliant win Baggy Greens.👏👏👏👏👏

Precisely what we did LJ. Green removing Root was the key. Cut the root and the tree will die.. please excuse the pun.

Stokes may miss Adelaide while Warner has badly bruised ribs and may not play either. So who comes in? Street scored a century in the A match. Khawaja failed both innings. Hunt got two starts for 70 runs plus is averaging FC @48 this season/ @39 career.

We are now hearing that the reason Josh Hazlewood did not bowl for 40 overs yesterday was because CA wanted to manage his workload due to a crack on the ribs he suffered when batting. Haze is a vital player in pink ball matches ..took an incredible 5/8 in his last Adelaide pinkie which drove India's embarrassing 39 all out..

Last edited:
So good to see you all posting. We are going to have a small but vibrant cricket community on this forum.👏👏👏

Warnie blasts Tassie as Hobart wins historic Ashes Test over Melbourne

Some of us can not access that story Sooz.

Warne likes to run the show.. needs his ego massaged. Is almost always bias towards things Victorian. Tasmania deserved to host its first ever Ashes Test.. so live with it Shane.

Some of us can not access that story Sooz.

Warne likes to run the show.. needs his ego massaged. Is almost always bias towards things Victorian. Tasmania deserved to host its first ever Ashes Test.. so live with it Shane.
I just changed the website with the same story but worded differently.

Back