Australian Cricket Team Discussions

Re: Australian Cricket Team Discussions

I hope punter finds some form on his break when the aussies play pakistan. throwing his wicket away like he just did in the 5th Odi. there is something up with him at the moment.

A.B De Villiers;345333 said:
I hope punter finds some form on his break when the aussies play pakistan. throwing his wicket away like he just did in the 5th Odi. there is something up with him at the moment.

historys shown us that players aged 34plus"s form can up and vanish like a fart in the wind, and never return, and everyone here wants to keep flogging the man at no3, ?? i still think we have time with the great man though, i didnt think he was picked for the paki tour anyway, another point id like to make about our test team, our in form strike bowler at present is a batsman (katich) and our in form batsman is a bowler (mitch). lol, and thats for the entire last series give or take, and the majority of this forum dont want to use kat as a bowler because he might get sore or his batting may go off and no one wants to use mitch as a batsman (even just for ODIs ) because their scared he may lose his bowling form, can you doubters tell me this, do you sleep with the light on ???????, if the poms dont beat us in the ashes with this team (even without their main striker billy bowden playing for them) then they never will.

If you want a slogger at the top of the order who is hit and miss why not stick Warner back in the side instead of trying to shape Mitch into something he's not.

Mousey;345422 said:
If you want a slogger at the top of the order who is hit and miss why not stick Warner back in the side instead of trying to shape Mitch into something he's not.

thats a really good point, but i dont think mitch is as much of a slogger/hacker as warner is. warner though i think isnt really such a hit and miss batsman as everyone thinks he is after his first performance in the T20. with T20s batsman sometimes go crazy, and he did. you can see him trying to settle down when he was playing the ODIs, but he was expected to go big by everyone, especially the crowds. he is young and wasnt able to block out the medias attention, and tried to be something he isnt.

i like the idea of having mitch down the order though. if australia loses a few quick wickets for nothing, then mitch is a backup plan. maybe if he had 30 overs to play with he could settle down and make a big score to rescue the team. its always good to have someone down the order capable of batting with the tail who can be the saviour. i would really like to see him at the top for entertainment sakes though.

Mousey;345422 said:
i dont think warners proved himself as a ODI player yet, im hoping he takes his next chance, he"s very talented and i think now he"s getting a game in the 4 day version it should help him heaps in the ODIs, and mitch is allready in the team.

distributer of pain;345459 said:
i dont think warners proved himself as a ODI player yet, im hoping he takes his next chance, he"s very talented and i think now he"s getting a game in the 4 day version it should help him heaps in the ODIs, and mitch is allready in the team.

Warner hasn't proved himself in ODIs but neither has Mitch as an opener. He is our best bowler, he shouldn't be trying to change himself.

good point mousey. i do like warner though, and not just for his entertainment levels. hope he gets in to the SS side so he could prove himself a little more as an innings builder instead of a hit and miss player.

Mousey;345474 said:
Warner hasn't proved himself in ODIs but neither has Mitch as an opener. He is our best bowler, he shouldn't be trying to change himself.
but as i said mitch"s allready in the team, so you dont have to drop anyone to try it, kallis used to open the bowling and bat 3/4 and it didnt seam to harm him, you need to be less pessimistic and have a little faith.

distributer of pain;345488 said:
but as i said mitch"s allready in the team, so you dont have to drop anyone to try it, kallis used to open the bowling and bat 3/4 and it didnt seam to harm him, you need to be less pessimistic and have a little faith.

But Johnson isn't an opener! The new ball is different to facing the scuffled ball at the end of the innings.

Mousey;345596 said:
But Johnson isn't an opener! The new ball is different to facing the scuffled ball at the end of the innings.

The point I made a little while ago. lets stick to those who know how to open. we aren't calling for punter to open the bowling, even though he nabbed Vaughan in the last ashes. what a sight that was though!

Back