Babies Arm's Pending Tribunal Visit

Re: Babies Arm's Pending Tribunal Visit

thommy_rissole;288267 said:
It was good to see GCA Vice-President and the South Spearhead locking horns in some general idle chit-chat saturday at Thomson's Auction Night. Maybe the suspension won't be as bad as first thought.

all didnt go as planned 2nite. oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles. 3 games:(

gunna take the opportunity to go on holidays i think.;)

Babies Arm;289041 said:
all didnt go as planned 2nite. oh well, thats the way the cookie crumbles. 3 games:(

gunna take the opportunity to go on holidays i think.;)

you may have already served one of those weeks for this game, we might need to check that up. But 350 of the vbookie money was thrown on 3 games !! Rounds 7, 8, 9. VB T20 final is all systems go.

gca_ipl;289045 said:
you may have already served one of those weeks for this game, we might need to check that up. But 350 of the vbookie money was thrown on 3 games !! Rounds 7, 8, 9. VB T20 final is all systems go.
at least he gets to play in the main game

thommy_rissole;288382 said:
South Barwon Draw
Round 6. Bell Post Hill
Round 7. Lara
Round 8. St Josephs
Round 9. Grovedale
Round 10. Geelong West

Rounds 6, 7 & 8 are the suspended matches?

3 Matches is a bit stiff i would assume. Some yobbo in the 4ths strikes someone with a bat and gets 5.

GCA need to harden the flip up: sticks and stones may break my bones but name's will never hurt me.

thommy_rissole;289243 said:

3 Matches is a bit stiff i would assume. Some yobbo in the 4ths strikes someone with a bat and gets 5.

GCA need to harden the flip up: sticks and stones may break my bones but name's will never hurt me.

Sums the GCA up really. If it was an East Belmont player nothing would have come of it. What a joke. I'm still backin South Barwon to get the job done this year. Grovey seem to be too worried about the Addy covering their president's assault case to worry about winning a flag

ants14;289083 said:
cant believe it, thats disgusting.. who do u miss out on playing?

think may have been warned twice be4.u cant call an umpire a cheeting c##t and think nothing going 2 happen.

wiseoldman;289373 said:
think may have been warned twice be4.u cant call an umpire a cheeting c##t and think nothing going 2 happen.

if calling a cheating ump a cheating c#$t gets you 3 games surely hitting a bloke with a bat should be more than 5 games? take your east hat off and think about it old man!

tim finnigan;289375 said:
if calling a cheating ump a cheating c#$t gets you 3 games surely hitting a bloke with a bat should be more than 5 games? take your east hat off and think about it old man!

what are u doing on the cricket chat matho

wiseoldman;289383 said:
what are u doing on the cricket chat matho
matho needs something to do during the off season, ive gotta pass the time while the mighty grovie tigers get ready to destroy the gfl in 2009!

thommy_rissole;289243 said:

GCA need to harden the f*ck up: sticks and stones may break my bones but name's will never hurt me.

Get off it Rissole. The only thing that's a bit stiff, apart from you thinking about Ando, is that he didn't get the season.

as if mate, lets see hit someone with a bat, which could potentially harm a person physically is more than a 2 game ban worse than swearing at someone. alls fair to have an opinion, but face facts and take it all under advisement before you throw in a garbage opinion like that

ants14;289425 said:
as if mate, lets see hit someone with a bat, which could potentially harm a person physically is more than a 2 game ban worse than swearing at someone. alls fair to have an opinion, but face facts and take it all under advisement before you throw in a garbage opinion like that

Down boy, the fact is that both decisions are a disgrace. Each case should be taken individually on its merit. It is a disgrace that the GCA have only given that clown 5 weeks. He should never play again, Ando shouldn't play for the rest of the season. End of. I'm sure the first thing the SBCC lawyer jumped on was the comparitive between the two cases, but this only highlights the unbelievable incompotence of the GCA disciplinary.

Smokin Joe;289510 said:
Down boy, the fact is that both decisions are a disgrace. Each case should be taken individually on its merit. It is a disgrace that the GCA have only given that clown 5 weeks. He should never play again, Ando shouldn't play for the rest of the season. End of. I'm sure the first thing the SBCC lawyer jumped on was the comparitive between the two cases, but this only highlights the unbelievable incompotence of the GCA disciplinary.

seems you have a real beef with Ando Smokin Joe. Getting a season for abusive language towards an umpire is not really something that has been done in the past, and if it was there would possibly be a few players sitting out regular seasons. And as you weren't in the tribunal hearing unless you were one of the independent panel, who by the way are all about 80, or maybe Coops or Ian Knell then why make stuff up about what the defense was. Not sure why we would bother talking about a person got 5 matches for hitting someone with a bat, so Brett should only get one. Brett knows he did the wrong thing which was why he pleaded guilty, and when he does come back to play again I am sure he is going to be pretty focussed and looking to lead the Swans to the finals again, as he has let a few people down. Then finally guys like you who try and stir things up can give it a rest once and for all.

gca_ipl;289548 said:
seems you have a real beef with Ando Smokin Joe. Getting a season for abusive language towards an umpire is not really something that has been done in the past, and if it was there would possibly be a few players sitting out regular seasons. And as you weren't in the tribunal hearing unless you were one of the independent panel, who by the way are all about 80, or maybe Coops or Ian Knell then why make stuff up about what the defense was. Not sure why we would bother talking about a person got 5 matches for hitting someone with a bat, so Brett should only get one. Brett knows he did the wrong thing which was why he pleaded guilty, and when he does come back to play again I am sure he is going to be pretty focussed and looking to lead the Swans to the finals again, as he has let a few people down. Then finally guys like you who try and stir things up can give it a rest once and for all.

Lets face it if the umpire in question wasn't an dud we wouldn't be talking about it. He couldn't remember what happen so the umpire took in Drew Allens opinions of things! Maybe the Allens should stick to church and being dud blokes instead of trying to take the high moral bias ground. 3 games and 3 suspended for telling an idiot umpire he's a cheat? your joking aren't ya? put it this way Smoking Joe Ando doesn't not have the last say to often (trust me I've known him a long time) so I'd be backing him in to do just that come March.

However, it seems Anderton has already made plans for his vacant weekends.

The star-quick logged onto blogging website bigcricket after the hearing under the name Babies Arm.

"All didn't go as planned 2nite.

"Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles - 3 games gunna take the opportunity to go on holidays i think," the post read.

good thing everyone knows who ando already is, otherwise the abletiser just spilled the beans

I guess using bigcricket as a source in a news article shows where the Geelong Addy stands in terms of journalistic integrity

Smokin Joe;289421 said:
Get off it Rissole. The only thing that's a bit stiff, apart from you thinking about Ando, is that he didn't get the season.

The season for calling the umpire a cheating c**t? You've got to be kidding. I don't agree with what was said but i think 3 matches is too much.

I'm led to believe the umpire in question can't even recall word for word what was said and the paper work was filled out incorrectly. If the GCA want to make a stand about this issue they should sort their own end of things out first. Sth Barwon should've looked at getting the case thrown out based on the GCA's negligence.

As i have said all along i don't agree with what was said, i don't think anyone agrees with what was done, but 3 matches is a long time when you compare it to other recent incidents, ie: 5 matches for a physical attack.

Back