Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

the_don88;122081 said:
sorry my mistake. So how do you know straight bat is old. Do you see him behind closed doors and he gives you the old straight bat or what??

This comment obviously suggests your maturity level. I wont even begin to make guesses at your age, gender, sexual orientation...

the_don88;122084 said:
Some big games coming up this week and will no doubt shape this years top four. So who are your predictions???

In terms of the top 4 it will be very interesting. Wendouree to just get over Ballarat Redan in a close one. Golden Point to get the easy points against Coronet City. Mt.Clear and Naps/Sebas will be a great game with plenty of all-rounders in both teams, will go down to the wire but I'm tipping Naps in a close one??

Remaining teams not mentioned have little chance of March action even at this early stage.

Golden Golly;122112 said:
In terms of the top 4 it will be very interesting. Wendouree to just get over Ballarat Redan in a close one. Golden Point to get the easy points against Coronet City. Mt.Clear and Naps/Sebas will be a great game with plenty of all-rounders in both teams, will go down to the wire but I'm tipping Naps in a close one??

Remaining teams not mentioned have little chance of March action even at this early stage.

Surprises me that East have slipped so far back after winning the pasts two flags? anyone know of any reasons, infighting maybe?

Colonel;122114 said:
Surprises me that East have slipped so far back after winning the pasts two flags? anyone know of any reasons, infighting maybe?

I mentioned in one of the earlier pages that their core is made up of ring in's. These blokes are passionate and no doubt they want to play, but I just dont think you can gain long term results from that type of make up. back to back flags? Yeah i would take it. But no one should expect the future of the club to be saved by this short term solution.

pidgeon fan;122558 said:
How did Dan Jordan go in his first match?

Struggled. Batting after two blokes get tons is a tough gig but didn't impress with ball or in field. No doubt came of usual preperation....

Bam Bam were you playing with Jordon or against him or just watching the game? was it true that he also dropped two catches?

straight bat;122723 said:
Bam Bam were you playing with Jordon or against him or just watching the game? was it true that he also dropped two catches?

I was playing at another venue but heard from a good source about the Mt Clear Naps game. Sounds like a cracker. Jordan dropped a soda apparently. Needs the ball a bit bigger and half a dozen defenders jumping over him to take the grabs by the looks.

Bam Bam;122727 said:
I was playing at another venue but heard from a good source about the Mt Clear Naps game. Sounds like a cracker. Jordan dropped a soda apparently. Needs the ball a bit bigger and half a dozen defenders jumping over him to take the grabs by the looks.

Yes must have been a great effort for Mt.Clear to chase down 360 odd in yesterday's heat, Naps would be shattered to loose that game.

Did Jordan bowl at all or is he a batsman?

Colonel;122751 said:
Bam Bam;122727 said:
I was playing at another venue......

Bam Bam, it is un-clear h-ear what team you app-eared in on the weekend......how did your team go?

Absolute Gold!! Bottle it and sell it! I cant stop laughing I have a t-ear in my eye....

Well what an awesome week in cricket. At one side of Ballarat their was over 700 runs made, and on the other their was 40 wickets taken. This season is turning out to be a cracker. Naps Sebas (hope i don't get fined for using the short term) you would think would of been pretty happy with their 360. So much that i heard a rumour that a Naps player who i won't name, who made a hundred and was their keeper, was seen out on the town sat night fairly tipsy.
Is it just coincidence that he dropped both the batters that made in the 90's? I think not. If Naps want to be commited this year they need to start making some sacrifces in order to achieve success. One night off the piss isn't too much to ask.
As for Brown Hill.................................................. Well it doesn't really matter cause them or East aren't going to make it.
Coronet made a game of it. Sorry i can't back that up. And Darley, look out for these guys. They will have a huge say on who finishes top 4 (probably leaving their run too late).

Looks like Ballarat Redan blew a winning chance losing 7/30 at the end to leave Knowlesy stuck on 99 not out - unlucky.

Simon Allan another 5-for (thats 4 games in a row now), is he the bolter for the EJ Cleary??

Six realistic teams left in the race for a finals birth. Target Heads, Point, Mounties, Naps, and Ball/Redan starting to look shakey, and Darley the after christmas bolters....... Thoughts anyone?

Golden Golly;122921 said:
Looks like Ballarat Redan blew a winning chance losing 7/30 at the end to leave Knowlesy stuck on 99 not out - unlucky.

Simon Allan another 5-for (thats 4 games in a row now), is he the bolter for the EJ Cleary??

Six realistic teams left in the race for a finals birth. Target Heads, Point, Mounties, Naps, and Ball/Redan starting to look shakey, and Darley the after christmas bolters....... Thoughts anyone?

My thoughts are that you are a tosser!!! Almost as bad as the Colonel thats on this site.
Darley don't have a hope of making it, they have to bad of a run. However they have the ability and the confidence to maybe cause a couple of upsets on the run home. Lookout Naps, Darley could ruin their season

the_don88;123181 said:
My thoughts are that you are a tosser!!! Almost as bad as the Colonel thats on this site.
Darley don't have a hope of making it, they have to bad of a run. However they have the ability and the confidence to maybe cause a couple of upsets on the run home. Lookout Naps, Darley could ruin their season

My thoughts are that you are a 'tosser'. You try to sound like your saying something clever but end up just soundking like you know nothing. Good try though chin up big guy keep pluggin away.

Bouncer;123198 said:
My thoughts are that you are a 'tosser'. You try to sound like your saying something clever but end up just soundking like you know nothing. Good try though chin up big guy keep pluggin away.

Good to see you can spell. How did your tirds team go this week??

the_don88;123222 said:
Good to see you can spell. How did your tirds team go this week??

The Don - say something useful and inciteful for once instead of the endless dribble you have come up with so far...............do you know of anything cricket related that has occured recently?

Golden Golly;123233 said:
The Don - say something useful and inciteful for once instead of the endless dribble you have come up with so far...............do you know of anything cricket related that has occured recently?

Wendouree knocked off Mtclear in the twenty twenty comp but not without controversy. A wendoree player was caught behind but apparently their was too many players outside the circle. He was given out and was given a send off from one of the Mt clear players which was not taken well (by players from both teams). Can you confirm this???

the_don88;123241 said:
Wendouree knocked off Mtclear in the twenty twenty comp but not without controversy. A wendoree player was caught behind but apparently their was too many players outside the circle. He was given out and was given a send off from one of the Mt clear players which was not taken well (by players from both teams). Can you confirm this???

The newspaper tells me that it was a very competitive game played in good spirits right down to the wire. Pyke obviously hit them well for the Target Heads? Looks like Mt.Clear may have needed another 5-10 runs to clinch it, were you at the game?

Golden Golly;123246 said:
The newspaper tells me that it was a very competitive game played in good spirits right down to the wire. Pyke obviously hit them well for the Target Heads? Looks like Mt.Clear may have needed another 5-10 runs to clinch it, were you at the game?

A good source from wendouree tells me they had it in the bag the whole time. Apparently they were never in doubt, knew they were too strong in the batting for the mounties. Pyke (apparently the controversial wicket) was pretty pi$%ed off but the win made him feel better about it. Still doesn't make the mounties reputation for stretching the rules any better, you would think they would try and get away from that shadow, move away from win at any length...

As for my thirds Don, going along just fine, and ill take a typo over a wasted loaf any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back