Ballarat Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Cricket Association

The forecast for the district is thus:

Saturday - Becoming cloudy. Isolated showers during the evening. Winds north to northwesterly averaging 35 to 45 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly up to 50 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 19 with daytime temperatures reaching the lower 40s.

40 odd with decent northerlies. Awesome!

The forecast for the district is thus:

Saturday - Becoming cloudy. Isolated showers during the evening. Winds north to northwesterly averaging 35 to 45 km/h tending northwest to southwesterly up to 50 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to around 19 with daytime temperatures reaching the lower 40s.

40 odd with decent northerlies. Awesome!

Guys,

Witnessed the best game of cricket I have seen in a long time today. Brown Hill fell just one run short chasing 419 set by East. All up 15 wickets fell for nearly 840 runs scored.

Great batting by both sides, great bowling by both sides and the fielding was very good given the condition of the outfield. It's a shame about the outfield because the wicket was a ripper. Centuries for Haseloff, Giblett and Coyle and plenty of other notable performances as well...

Congratulations to both sides on a fantastic game of cricket.

Steve.

Guys,

Witnessed the best game of cricket I have seen in a long time today. Brown Hill fell just one run short chasing 419 set by East. All up 15 wickets fell for nearly 840 runs scored.

Great batting by both sides, great bowling by both sides and the fielding was very good given the condition of the outfield. It's a shame about the outfield because the wicket was a ripper. Centuries for Haseloff, Giblett and Coyle and plenty of other notable performances as well...

Congratulations to both sides on a fantastic game of cricket.

Steve.

Great to see that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing! Ron Jennings in The Courier defending the BCA rules, claiming umpires and captains have the ability to abandon play in cases of extreme heat. Meanwhile, Don 'the bandit' Jacobbson has whipped off a fine to Creswick Imperials for doing just that. All of a sudden, Ronny's not available for comment.

Great to see that the right hand knows what the left hand is doing! Ron Jennings in The Courier defending the BCA rules, claiming umpires and captains have the ability to abandon play in cases of extreme heat. Meanwhile, Don 'the bandit' Jacobbson has whipped off a fine to Creswick Imperials for doing just that. All of a sudden, Ronny's not available for comment.

G'day boys. Just looking for some clarification fromthe Naps boys on Sproulers effort from Darley. Just want to know the rules (obviously the East High rule is a great one) as there are a couple of Mountie boys looking to have a go this coming week. Won't give away identities. On the serious stuff Mounties 360 at Darley. Jeffo back to back tons and Matt Goonan 130. Moore best of bowlers with 4.

G'day boys. Just looking for some clarification fromthe Naps boys on Sproulers effort from Darley. Just want to know the rules (obviously the East High rule is a great one) as there are a couple of Mountie boys looking to have a go this coming week. Won't give away identities. On the serious stuff Mounties 360 at Darley. Jeffo back to back tons and Matt Goonan 130. Moore best of bowlers with 4.

Theo Doropoulos;325121 said:

Take a look back at page 302-303 of the forum, i think the boys came up with a few decent rules for the comp...just ignore the ones from the darley boys about throwing stubbies at road signs though...

Take a look back at page 302-303 of the forum, i think the boys came up with a few decent rules for the comp...just ignore the ones from the darley boys about throwing stubbies at road signs though...

Good luck Mounties, it takes a team effort though, so if the big man that opens the bowling wants to have a crack he needs to not drink too much at the club rooms, best case scenario don't bowl to much and hide in the field so you're not too rooted - better still lose the game so you get some angry beers into you - you need plenty of support from a few team mates to spur you on, the first 6 are easy...:)

Great effort by Dash, Pete and Matty, super effort down in Melbourne - going in big favourites too you'd think.

Good luck Mounties, it takes a team effort though, so if the big man that opens the bowling wants to have a crack he needs to not drink too much at the club rooms, best case scenario don't bowl to much and hide in the field so you're not too rooted - better still lose the game so you get some angry beers into you - you need plenty of support from a few team mates to spur you on, the first 6 are easy...:)

Great effort by Dash, Pete and Matty, super effort down in Melbourne - going in big favourites too you'd think.

Inzamam;327238 said:

gee you've changed your tune!!!!!!!!!

you have been bagging pete & dash for weeks for not picking you in the side!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Inzamam;327238 said:

you have been bagging pete & dash for weeks for not picking you in the side!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

leechy;327384 said:

And rightly so, they needed my clsing skills...bad luck guys that went to Melbourne great week, just fell short, still a good effort.

leechy;327384 said:

And rightly so, they needed my clsing skills...bad luck guys that went to Melbourne great week, just fell short, still a good effort.

Inzamam;327238 said:

Thanks for the advice Inzy. You may have identified one of the men having a crack. Knowing that it is going to be a very difficult task we look like we are taking a team approach. Imagine the track cycling team pursuit version. Several go out with the slower ones to be dropped. Bad luck to the country boys, great effort though.

Inzamam;327238 said:

Thanks for the advice Inzy. You may have identified one of the men having a crack. Knowing that it is going to be a very difficult task we look like we are taking a team approach. Imagine the track cycling team pursuit version. Several go out with the slower ones to be dropped. Bad luck to the country boys, great effort though.

Inzamam;327238 said:

Thought I had better check in with the Darley to Ballarat results yesterday. First of all well done to Rohan Parag who was unlucky missing out on a ton. Rhett Ovens and Matt Ward gave a great effort on the trip back. Matt clocked up eight and then stayed out to four. Rhett was two thirds threw his tenth, his cheeks filled and wildly wound down his window and painted Victoria St from East High to St Alipius. If anyone wants to hear the best report on this talk to Fletch who was in the car behind us - hasn't stopped laughing yet. Rhett also stayed out to four - great effort. Thanks also to boys who backed up today from country week to make a lot of money for Bushfire Appeal at 20/20 at Buninyong today. Great work From Buninyong CC.

Inzamam;327238 said:

Thought I had better check in with the Darley to Ballarat results yesterday. First of all well done to Rohan Parag who was unlucky missing out on a ton. Rhett Ovens and Matt Ward gave a great effort on the trip back. Matt clocked up eight and then stayed out to four. Rhett was two thirds threw his tenth, his cheeks filled and wildly wound down his window and painted Victoria St from East High to St Alipius. If anyone wants to hear the best report on this talk to Fletch who was in the car behind us - hasn't stopped laughing yet. Rhett also stayed out to four - great effort. Thanks also to boys who backed up today from country week to make a lot of money for Bushfire Appeal at 20/20 at Buninyong today. Great work From Buninyong CC.

Theo Doropoulos;328206 said:

Fair effort by the boys. Close but no cigar. Congrats to sproulesy who wins the amber mug for season 2008/09

Theo Doropoulos;328206 said:

Fair effort by the boys. Close but no cigar. Congrats to sproulesy who wins the amber mug for season 2008/09

on the couch;324762 said:

G'day everyone at big cricket. I'm a new user. names cam. Play for Brown hill.

Not sure whether anyone read last wednesday's courier and its letters section. My brother wrote a letter regarding the BCA going ahead with play despite extreme temperatures on the 7th of feb. (Black saturday). Basically he was saying that the BCA had a duty of care to the health of all players to call it off that day and that they failed to act responsibly on that day. He plays for creswick imperials and the letter was basically in defence of creswick calling off one of their matches that day.
It was a scathing article and as a result the BCA (more specifically Don Jacobson I'm thinking) has put him up for a hearing on wednesday.

My question is. what happened to freedom of speech? he made another point to me afterwards, Blokes are not getting payed big bucks to play here in ballarat or in any country league for that matter. They are donating their time. A significant health risk was put on some blokes in the lower grades and also older umpires and I'm sure that they would not like to be put to rest simply cos Don Jacobson and BCA are too bloody stubborn. what if there was a fire, houses are burnt down and we are all out playing cricket! silly.
I personally didn't have a problem playing because I'm young and reasonably fit but I can understand that those who aren't so fit and healthy and have houses and propertys to think of do have a problem . thoughts?

on the couch;324762 said:

Not sure whether anyone read last wednesday's courier and its letters section. My brother wrote a letter regarding the BCA going ahead with play despite extreme temperatures on the 7th of feb. (Black saturday). Basically he was saying that the BCA had a duty of care to the health of all players to call it off that day and that they failed to act responsibly on that day. He plays for creswick imperials and the letter was basically in defence of creswick calling off one of their matches that day.
It was a scathing article and as a result the BCA (more specifically Don Jacobson I'm thinking) has put him up for a hearing on wednesday.

My question is. what happened to freedom of speech? he made another point to me afterwards, Blokes are not getting payed big bucks to play here in ballarat or in any country league for that matter. They are donating their time. A significant health risk was put on some blokes in the lower grades and also older umpires and I'm sure that they would not like to be put to rest simply cos Don Jacobson and BCA are too bloody stubborn. what if there was a fire, houses are burnt down and we are all out playing cricket! silly.
I personally didn't have a problem playing because I'm young and reasonably fit but I can understand that those who aren't so fit and healthy and have houses and propertys to think of do have a problem . thoughts?

Tonka Trucks;328806 said:

I think Don had a busy week last week Tonka Truck. He was up & down the highway watching the country week boys try and retain the trophy.

I think Don had a busy week last week Tonka Truck. He was up & down the highway watching the country week boys try and retain the trophy.

Dean Waugh;328811 said:

oh well. who ever it was. I don't know whos doing what there. I know what you reckon dean waugh but I still don't reckon you can dicipline blokes who are 1 tonka trucks and 2 blokes who play cricket for nothin 0$$$$ just for enjoyment. I hope thats a fair comment.

Dean Waugh;328811 said:

oh well. who ever it was. I don't know whos doing what there. I know what you reckon dean waugh but I still don't reckon you can dicipline blokes who are 1 tonka trucks and 2 blokes who play cricket for nothin 0$$$$ just for enjoyment. I hope thats a fair comment.

what a ****ing joke!!!!!!

where is it that we sign a form stating that we are not allowed to pass judgement on the powers that be, & that if we do, we can be taken to the tribunal for bringing the game into disrepute.

ron & don are a joke!!!!!!! simple.

word is ron gave a mysterious media interview during the week regarding the country week cricket. very funny indeed. just shows the level of respect he is held.

what a ****ing joke!!!!!!

where is it that we sign a form stating that we are not allowed to pass judgement on the powers that be, & that if we do, we can be taken to the tribunal for bringing the game into disrepute.

ron & don are a joke!!!!!!! simple.

word is ron gave a mysterious media interview during the week regarding the country week cricket. very funny indeed. just shows the level of respect he is held.

Couldn't of written your original post any better tonks. I think your brother will be pretty safe,as he will not get a fair hearing with the power heads of the BCA, so best if he boycotts the whole thing!

Couldn't of written your original post any better tonks. I think your brother will be pretty safe,as he will not get a fair hearing with the power heads of the BCA, so best if he boycotts the whole thing!

Dean Waugh;328818 said:

Definitely not in his own interests to avoid the tribunal hearing, however there are a couple of things to think about...

Firstly the whole issue with regards to the report because of an article in The Courier would be news worthy, maybe the media need to find out?

Secondly, Freedom of speech is sacrosanct, there are laws to protect it, as long as the letter isn't slanderous. Legal advice may help to determine the extent that he is exposed because of the content of the letter.

There other options as well some thought needs to be put into it email me for more info - It's not too hard to work out how to get my email address.

Good Luck.

Steve.

Dean Waugh;328818 said:

Definitely not in his own interests to avoid the tribunal hearing, however there are a couple of things to think about...

Firstly the whole issue with regards to the report because of an article in The Courier would be news worthy, maybe the media need to find out?

Secondly, Freedom of speech is sacrosanct, there are laws to protect it, as long as the letter isn't slanderous. Legal advice may help to determine the extent that he is exposed because of the content of the letter.

There other options as well some thought needs to be put into it email me for more info - It's not too hard to work out how to get my email address.

Good Luck.

Steve.

Dean Waugh;328818 said:

maybe I'll go under my alias name and go and sit in the jury gibba :cool:
guilty of being not guilty. I'm sure he'll be absolutley fine.

Dean Waugh;328818 said:

maybe I'll go under my alias name and go and sit in the jury gibba :cool:
guilty of being not guilty. I'm sure he'll be absolutley fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back