Barclay Shield 2013/2014

Another loss this week and a couple of sides can kiss there season goodbye. Bundoora, Riverside and Mont. 3 big clubs that have 1 win between them. All 3 sides were happy to let very good players go due to egos at the clubs. Seems to have hurt them.

Would you please care to elaborate on who Bundoora let go due to egos...???
We have lost 5 from the semi final last year.
Janan Daniel - opening bowler - did his knee playing footy - will be back 2014.
Wayne Wunhym - 43 y.o who has retired.
Brad Powell - shoulder op pre season. Out injured.
Brad Dean - self retired from A grade although played there last week to help out.
Riley Dyson - young fella having a year off...

Losing 5 quality players from the first XI team has had an impact on that team and also the grades lower. Compounding this has been the usual season start with footy trips etc...
Once we get all numbers back on the park - hopefully this week, then we will be better.

Can anyone tell me why the DVCA can not take the weekend off this week and turn it into a one day game for all grades next week. Im sure most clubs will be lacking with numbers this week due to the races, dont understand y common sense cant prevail , have the weekend off make most people happy and play a 1 day game next week !

Can anyone tell me why the DVCA can not take the weekend off this week and turn it into a one day game for all grades next week. Im sure most clubs will be lacking with numbers this week due to the races, dont understand y common sense cant prevail , have the weekend off make most people happy and play a 1 day game next week !

Silly comment to say that common sense should prevail. Not everyone cares about the races, nor does everyone have a long weekend. So to a lot of people, it's just a normal weekend. I can honestly say I don't think we are missing anyone due to the races or the "long weekend".

Just for the record, personally, I do have a long weekend and love a punt. But I'm more than happy to play.

The cricket season is condensed enough with football book ending it, inclement weather washing out games and Christmas/New years in the middle. We don't need to be losing another weekend to horse races.
ECA, NMCA, DDCA will all be playing cricket this weekend. So should the DVCA.

I would be staggered if any Macleod lad picks the races over playing cricket - tells me they're not that serious about their cricket. On a lighter note, good game coming up this week Macleod v Lower Eltham . Loser goes back into the pack

Riverside chasing 300 plus v Diamo in Barclay and B grade. Likely that after 4 rounds there ones and twos will only have 1 win between them. Were once a powerful club through all grades! Anyone got a thought on there future and where they are currently at?

Congratulations to the following :

Under 21's squad

1/ Nathan Chrimes Elt (Captain)
2/ Mitch McAuley Whi
3/ Daniel Watson S/M
4/ Robert Tinsley Epp
5/ Ron Ely Bun
6/ Zane Taleb OP/SF
7/ Jaedyn Kearney Epp
8/ Aaron Mills M/P
9/ Thomas Emmins Epp
10/ Matthew Chrimes Elt
11/ Nick Rowe L/P
12/ Nathan Andrews Bun
13/ Stephen Ryan Ros
14/ Rheece Lewis OP/SF
15/ Oliver Toussant Ros

1st game this Sunday at Toorak Park Mel Map 58 J7

Riverside chasing 300 plus v Diamo in Barclay and B grade. Likely that after 4 rounds there ones and twos will only have 1 win between them. Were once a powerful club through all grades! Anyone got a thought on there future and where they are currently at?

Ran into a cpl of them at St Mary's mass on Sunday morning and seemed a little concerned but confident of bouncing back in the games leading up to Christmas !

Mernda on the other hand in big trouble.
Will miss the spread at afternoon tea unless bakes can pull off a cpl of big games after Christmas....

Thursday night's theme at Garvey Oval "Forward Defence". DC march on. Very very impressive. Hansen's form has been very solid, covering for Rogger.

Jet Still getting free ride in the ones at lower. 44 runs in 5 games. i wonder if he wasnt the captains brother if he would still be there. Cresp dropped but the two leading wicket takers in the 2s can't get picked. heard some infighting has started within the almighty Lower.

Jet Still getting free ride in the ones at lower. 44 runs in 5 games. i wonder if he wasnt the captains brother if he would still be there. Cresp dropped but the two leading wicket takers in the 2s can't get picked. heard some infighting has started within the almighty Lower.

They must be doing something right!
Haven't missed a beat so far...

Looking foreward to the Epping v Mernda clash this week.
Huge match for both clubs with a win for Epping to guarantee survival and a loss for Mernda putting them under massive pressure with them yet to play Lower ,Diamo and Research!

Good to see Rogga playing and performing in the 2s at Northcote. Good advertisement for the comp. Also a good example of the other path of establishing yourself in Barclay before having a crack at district. Wish him well. Diamo might have liked him on the weekend. They'll probably look at the fact that 10 blokes scored over 10 and none scored more than 36.
Great win by Macleod. Not many will take points from them this year and puts them in good position for the finals, having played all the sides above them. Rosanna have an easy one before christmas, before a tough run after the new year. Will be hoping their dodgy pitch can jag them the match against DC. Might come down to REC vs Rosanna for fourth spot.

Whats going on at Plenty?? Runners up last year, relegation trouble this year. To much responsibility for a young captain ?

And not the easiest draw to come with games against DC, Bund, NEW, Mac and OP's. Although maybe a slightly easier draw than the tough one facing Mernda.
Or are the 4 sides currently on 12 points also in with a chance of going down.....

Malone with bat and ball has had a good first half of the season. Is it his medal to win this year? Will anyone be able to catch him?

Back