Barclay Shield 2013/2014

if the radio show is cancelled or stuey is not on it or anything else its news to me! You don't miss with your sledges tongs (player or club)so keep it on an even keel buddy. Maybe you take your role too seriously. I actually agree with you about banning people if they go over the top but im also a believer of naming and shaming. Anyway, as you were.. drove past stfrancis, bundoora and greensborough. All ok to my eye
Must have missed something here, haven't been observing for a few days. Anyway the cricket show is back on again at 10am tomorrow morning as per usual. Bun Utd boys are on as guests and the new boys on the Barclay block Rosanna should be in following week. We'll mix it up a bit this year with guests. Not necessarily clubs coming in, could be players of note past and present or umpires, administrators etc. maybe even moderators :). As for grounds, Research is a bit of a mixed bag with plenty of sand top dressing and will probably be perfect in a few weeks.

Solid win by Research ECCC boys on weekend v an undermanned Plenty. Talking to some of the Plenty guys they have had a couple of injury issues and obviously loss of players in the off season, with apparently one of those on a John Green only informing them last Thursday of his plans to play elsewhere. As a result they had to call on a couple of veterans in Mark Johnson and Graeme Pavey to play. Not the ideal introduction to Captaincy for young Mitch and I hope the club gets around him and supports him in what could be at the very least a tough early part of the season. For Research, the bowling was quite disciplined apart from a 5-6 over period toward the end. Young 17yo spinner Mitch Clamp bowled superbly and was well supported by the WK of Ben Cookson. The batting was set up by 48 off 52 balls from Shannon Malone with Ben Cookson 20 and Glen Turner 38no completing the job with 7 overs remaining.

Solid win by Research ECCC boys on weekend v an undermanned Plenty. Talking to some of the Plenty guys they have had a couple of injury issues and obviously loss of players in the off season, with apparently one of those on a John Green only informing them last Thursday of his plans to play elsewhere. As a result they had to call on a couple of veterans in Mark Johnson and Graeme Pavey to play. Not the ideal introduction to Captaincy for young Mitch and I hope the club gets around him and supports him in what could be at the very least a tough early part of the season. For Research, the bowling was quite disciplined apart from a 5-6 over period toward the end. Young 17yo spinner Mitch Clamp bowled superbly and was well supported by the WK of Ben Cookson. The batting was set up by 48 off 52 balls from Shannon Malone with Ben Cookson 20 and Glen Turner 38no completing the job with 7 overs remaining.

This guy has a history of this, know a few NMCA clubs who wouldnt have him if he was paying them!!!
I've been informed that he is heading to Bundoora....anyone else heard this? Bundoora you there?

This guy has a history of this, know a few NMCA clubs who wouldnt have him if he was paying them!!!
I've been informed that he is heading to Bundoora....anyone else heard this? Bundoora you there?
I thought Bundoora Park in NMCA was the mentioned club. Poor form though!

Ha - ever since a big group of his mates came and stole all his teammates gear at Carlton, I'm surprised any club would touch him!

I always found it strange that he seemed like a pretty quiet, not bad kind of guy post match (footy and cricket), but that the blokes he hung out with seemed absolutely awful. Always got the impression that those blokes had attached themselves to him as 15y.o's in the hope that he'd make it as an AFL player and that they could ride on the coat tails...

Yes mate, i'm here. Not for long though:D

I was told last Saturday night he's playing at Bundoora Park.

Green back playing for Plenty after walking out on them last week. Plenty realised that they are a bigger rabble than Jika and have thrown more money at him than Sydney threw at Franklin. Must be a quality person.

I was referring to Lovey, Hubber and Johnson. If they can get that Pavey kid back they'll probably make finals again!

It was a joke.

Is that a good thing that those guys are back playing? Have they been training, or are numbers a bit light on at the moment? Any truth to the earlier post about Green being back?

It was a joke.

Is that a good thing that those guys are back playing? Have they been training, or are numbers a bit light on at the moment? Any truth to the earlier post about Green being back?

Can't answer those questions. But is it good? From an outside perspective, I'm sure they'd still get the job done. What it says about the club though? Probably that they're not pushing enough talent through to replace these guys. I'm not sure how many they've lost to Vic Premier but at least one or two very good cricketers.

For so long, they were the benchmark, but more for the fact that a bunch of really good cricketers decided to play together there rather than an internal development program. It would be tough for them being in Diamond Creeks shadow geographically. But this is a challenge many clubs face.

Must have missed something here, haven't been observing for a few days. Anyway the cricket show is back on again at 10am tomorrow morning as per usual. Bun Utd boys are on as guests and the new boys on the Barclay block Rosanna should be in following week. We'll mix it up a bit this year with guests. Not necessarily clubs coming in, could be players of note past and present or umpires, administrators etc. maybe even moderators :). As for grounds, Research is a bit of a mixed bag with plenty of sand top dressing and will probably be perfect in a few weeks.

Promises Promises brutal. :) You would only want me on to reveal who some of these posters that have taken a liking to yourself or the radio show. Good to hear that you're mixing things up the already great show.

I'm all for blokes having to work up through the grades, but whats the story with Cal Still playing in B grade this week. Surely LE can find a spot for the reigning comp medalist, if not, we will. Is Dylan the Captain all season?

Was there a punch up in preseason that big cricket isn't aware of?

I'm all for blokes having to work up through the grades, but whats the story with Cal Still playing in B grade this week. Surely LE can find a spot for the reigning comp medalist, if not, we will. Is Dylan the Captain all season?

Was there a punch up in preseason that big cricket isn't aware of?

I believe the story is (Opener2 to confirm) that Cal has had a broken hand, and hasn't had a lot of training, and may even still have a dodgy hand. Therefore coming back through the twos. Good for Lower if they can afford to do that. I think Dyl is captain up until Cal is back.

Back