Big Bash League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renegades sitting 2 from 2 on top of the table, a little surprised by this as there list does not look that strong. Any thoughts on this?

4 from 4 now. They are looking very good at the moment, pretty balanced side and they are getting the job done every week through different players.

The way the Scorchers beat the Heat is incredibly unfair. You can't shorten the game that much and keep it a contest.

The Heat had us on toast after three overs and then Dan Christian showed us why he is incredibly overrated. Coulter-Nile's hitting was amazing though! :D

Well they didn't even get close. The Thunder are a very ordinary side, apart from Nannes and Gayle who hasn't fired yet they are a very ordinary side, you know you are struggling when Buck Rogers is the captain.

Thunder are dreadful, too much reliance on Gayle who's done nothing and the rest have been left to do the bulk of the work. And yes Rogers is shit, not sure how he's playing let alone captain.

The talent is spread to thinly atm moment with the extra 2 teams. It's been very noticeable this year, there is quite a few very ordinary players floating around in the League.

Good to see Herchelle find some form for Perth, hopefully Marsh can kick on now to get a big total for the Renegades to chase.

Perth Scorches beat the Melbourne Renegades in a upset win. Perth keep their final chances alive. The Renegades have finally been defeated. Shaun Marsh batted well. Interesting to note that Perth lost heavily to the Melbourne Stars not that long ago.

Warne was way out of line. What happened between Hussy and Samuels had nothing to do with him.

He's back-tracking now, his agent has probably seen all the coverage and said "This is going to be how you're remembered, you need to get in there and apologise". Samuels was wrong - acting like cheating soccer player, holding Hussey back like that, but Warne despite, the excuses I've heard - Jet lag, being under-pressure etc, probably went too far and embarrassed himself especially in view of the fact that he was mic'd up and is the captain. Samuels was equally wrong, but hasn't got the same reputation to maintain. Having said that - Warne's always been a bit of a loose cannon and it's part of the reason we all love him, it'll blow over and only the idiots on Youtube will keep on about it for years to come.

He's back-tracking now, his agent has probably seen all the coverage and said "This is going to be how you're remembered, you need to get in there and apologise". Samuels was wrong - acting like cheating soccer player, holding Hussey back like that, but Warne despite, the excuses I've heard - Jet lag, being under-pressure etc, probably went too far and embarrassed himself especially in view of the fact that he was mic'd up and is the captain. Samuels was equally wrong, but hasn't got the same reputation to maintain. Having said that - Warne's always been a bit of a loose cannon and it's part of the reason we all love him, it'll blow over and only the idiots on Youtube will keep on about it for years to come.

Yeah. Warne is still a legend but will never be a saint haha. Some people need to realize that.

Pommersbach played an absolute blinder to get Brisbane into the semis.

So it's now
Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat
Perth Scorchers v Melbourne Stars

Pommersbach played an absolute blinder to get Brisbane into the semis.

So it's now
Melbourne Renegades v Brisbane Heat
Perth Scorchers v Melbourne Stars

Two good matches if you ask me, Perth have surprised me...dont know why but I didnt expect much from them in the tournament

Pommers continues his run of form to hammer 112no to set the Renegades 183, should be a good run chase, might take something special from Finch.

So Brisbane get through despite a woeful performance in the field, unlucky for the Renegades to not even get to the Champion's league after being the team of the tournament, but that's T20.

Pommers continues his run of form to hammer 112no to set the Renegades 183, should be a good run chase, might take something special from Finch.

I'd love to see Pomers get his head into gear, grow up and live up to his potential. I thought he had all but thrown his cricket career down the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back