Big Bash

I wonder if they would ever consider adding a couple of New Zealand teams into the xpanded competition? Might work..

apparently stars are rumoured to sign luke wright, would be handy!

why isnt anyone signing south africans: imagine having de villiers, steyn or even quality domestic players like rossouw

GO STARS!!!

@Kram81 Mate .. your spot on. WA have made a big bet on Herschelle Gibbs. Mickey obviously knows something that I don't as he was nothing short of a disaster for the Cape Cobras. Does not have a IPL contract anymore, was a disaster for the Northern Knights in New Zealand. Personally I would not sign him.

I doubt if any prominent South African players will be made available as South Africa has a hectic programme starting in October.

I must admit, Mitchell Johnson has suddenly gotten a lot more of my respect. Walking away from the BBL to focus on the important cricket (TEST cricket) takes big kahunas. The marketing staff at CA will not like it but for the sake of the Baggy Green it is the right move. Read more here: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/focused-johnson-sits-out-big-bash-20110712-1hc8h.html

Brisbane Heat have signed Brendon McCullum, a great signing for them as he has been in good form and is the 2nd best T20 player in the world in my eyes

More spud signings by the WACA, when are they ever going to learn? We'll be lucky to even make the preliminary final.

The Gibbs signing is an act of charity then. I don't understand why you would go after both Colly and him. It makes no sense. They should have and I'm sure could have got hold of a decent spin bowler like Al Hasan who is also handy with the bat. The Scorchers were looking quite promising for a while but as usual it will be Shaun Marsh or bust.

Unconvincing as it seems, they'll bowl Mitchell Marsh in the Big Bash for sure. His record is freakily good in that format.

Considering he has bowled like a trojan in the Tri-series and outbowled Sids and Hilfy in the first four-dayer in Harare , I'll just shut up about young Mitch's bowling.

The Gibbs signing is an act of charity then. I don't understand why you would go after both Colly and him. It makes no sense. They should have and I'm sure could have got hold of a decent spin bowler like Al Hasan who is also handy with the bat. The Scorchers were looking quite promising for a while but as usual it will be Shaun Marsh or bust.

Garbage recruiting again, the Scorchers need a high-profile marquee player. After having Gayle for a few seasons you would think they'd go after someone who has the profile he does as well as the cricketing skill. But, being the WACA brains and common sense doesn't come into it.

thers almost no point signing gibbs and collingwood they'd both be cheap but realistically they are frige t20 players. Maybe it's to appeal to the large amount of South african and English migrants in WA? i would have thought crowds would be pretty strong regardless.

i'm leaning towards supporting the stars... Only because the MCG is down the road from my house although i like the renegades bowling line up.

Now they've made Marcus North skipper which means he'll have to start in every match. That must be to keep the WA fans thinking of it as a WA team. I don't think he's worth a starting place.

Hey Check out the proposed helmet designs for some of the BBL teams on the albion facebook page, ..aren't they only allowed one colour now? shame because some of the designs are awsome!specially the Ultimate 98

At this stage Shane Warne looks like he will be playing for the Melbourne Stars and Brad Hogg is coming out of retirement to play for Perth. Interesting, I know Hoggy is a fitness fanatic and will give 100% but still, he is 40..

Garbage recruiting again, the Scorchers need a high-profile marquee player. After having Gayle for a few seasons you would think they'd go after someone who has the profile he does as well as the cricketing skill. But, being the WACA brains and common sense doesn't come into it.

Looking at the WACA website, the main streamers for BBL seem to have the Marsh boys as the calling cards. Fair enough, they probably are just about the only players they've got who they could base the marketing around. They can thank CA for giving young Mitch the chance to hit some sixes in SA.

It really has been poor recruiting and on top of that, lord knows who will be fit enough to bowl by then apart from Colly and Hoggy!

Coulter-Nile should be okay by then and Rimmington will feature heavily as well. You're right though, pretty poor recruiting although this season is a little better. Losing Gayle was huge but picking up Katich, Gibbs and Collingwood isn't too bad either. Thank god we don't have to see Sajid Mahmood ever again.

I'm actually looking forward to the Big Bash, I think from my own personal view I can resonate with the series more knowing that it's an Australian one. The IPL was good for the first season or two but the novelty wore off after that. I don't think the Scorchers will be up there though.

A Brisbane side wearing light blue?? Whoever picked the colours for the teams needs to be shot.

How good has Stuey MacGill bowled so far for the Sydney Sixers :eek:? 2 wickets and Robinson had no idea about that wrong one.

Back