Champions Trophy 2013

Awesome flying slips catch by McCullum, good start by NZ to have SL 2 for 29.

edit - and now Jayawadene gone, very good start.

And Mathews loses his leg stump, didn't see that coming just managing to sneak past the pad.

With Sangakkara still there SL need to somehow scratch out a score to bowl at.

Actually woke up and watched the last few overs, tense finish and good to see a match really dominated by the bowlers just for a change.

Pakistan v South Africa on tonight.

Pakistan v South Africa should be interesting after SA's very poor bowling performance against India and Pakistan's poor batting against West Indies. Wonder how Chris Morris will go (if they play him).

The fact that they don't have Vernon Philander tells me they don't care too much about this tournament.

The batting was a bit weak but it was the bowling that was poor. Let far too many runs go. The hope is this will not continue.

What was interesting for me was Mitchel Johnson completely out bowled Mitchel Starc. Maybe it was because of the lack of swing perhaps?

What was interesting for me was Mitchel Johnson completely out bowled Mitchel Starc. Maybe it was because of the lack of swing perhaps?

Lack of swing wont help but overall form tells us that Johnson will have the odd good game then a run of rubbish where as Stark will build and be the back bone of the attack for ODI's. Johnson is spent and this is really a retirement tour for him he is just way too inconsistant and when your team is struggling to find a new base you don't need player that give games away like he did against SA in Perth.

Just seen the footage of Ramdin cheating, wow what a tool. At least he got punished though.

So India v West Indies tonight, I guess India will go in warmish favourites.

Back