Champions Trophy 2013

Sounds like big Pollard had a brain melt getting out on the last ball before the rain when they were in front on DL.

South Africa seem to like these sort of matches, although it is weird to see them on the winning side for once!

So...NZ v England tonight. Southee is out which means Bracewell will probably come into the side. I would support it as he brings more pace to the attack even if he is a bit out of form.

well the mess is over for the Aussies, what a sad string of games. Would love to see SriLanka knock India off it would be a good achievement for them. Probably an England india game though. They do seem to be the best teams at the moment.

India to beat England in the final, I reckon. I can see Sri Lanka battling, but India's form is just too good at the moment, and I think Dhawan and Co. will match anything that Buttler et al. will throw at them.

So England comprehensively beat South Africa last night which makes me happy cause I had a $5 bet on it with a mate. :p It's nice when the home nation gets to the final.

India must be the favourites for the other match.

So England comprehensively beat South Africa last night which makes me happy cause I had a $5 bet on it with a mate. :p It's nice when the home nation gets to the final.

India must be the favourites for the other match.

Good for England but must be tough for SA, just keeps happening to them. India favourites but still you can dream

There are now talking about keeping it after they were going to s***can it.

It's a needless tournament but I did like how it was short without loads of meaningless games like the WC.

Short and sharp is okay, just as long as the top associates are involved. ;)
I heard that they are keeping the ridiculous format of 14 teams with quarter finals.

If I had my way it would be something like this, 12 teams 2 groups of 6. Winner of groups go straight through to semis whilst 2nd and 3rd from each group play off for the other semi spots. Gives the associates a look in whilst still keeping the group stage meaningful.

Last WC was ridiculous, with it being completely obvious who the 4 teams would make it through to the quarters, it essentially turned the group stage into almost a bunch of practice matches,

Back